• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks! That is a great chart!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YYC26 wrote: »
    In the big stickied tribble research thread, some people have done specific research to determine the potency of the bonuses at different tiers. I'm not sure if it's concisely captured anywhere, but the effects to seem to increase through the tiers.

It's indicated on a few of the charts in the links section of the stickied (¯)[thread=96340]Tribble FAQ[/thread](¯).

Right now, it appears that with user-bred tribbles you can get a single type of buff at 2.5x (total of 2.5x), or a pair of buffs each at 1x (total of 2x). The pre-order tribble gives a trio of buffs at 1x (total of 3x). This hierarchy means that in at least two senses (number of buffs, and total value of all buffs), the pre-order rivera tribble exceeds what can be bred in-game; however, if you are solely interested in a single buff (such as damage), you will do better with one of the top-tier bred tribbles.

In IfniLuck's original LCARS Tribble Chart, the pips and half-pips are actually significant, in that they indicate the buff strength. The chart in this thread, while IMO easier to read, doesn't seem to indicate that info; the pips seem to be somewhat arbitrary tier indicators.

You cannot benefit from the long-term buff of more than one tribble at a time (petting another tribble replaces the buff from the first one). You can, however, still use a click-heal tribble as needed. It's relatively inexpensive to equip each of your Boffs with, say, a tuffli and a mattson, so they get two buffs and a click heal (which saves on hypo use after combat).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is it just me or does breeding Tribbles seem more like crafting than Memory Alpha's crafting system?

Agreed! This is great, only slightly disappointed that it was figured out so quickly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh man, this is beautiful. I've been really interested in tribble breeding but hadn't put in the time to figure out what does what yet. This will save me a lot of effort! Kudos to you and everyone who contributed!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RIV + stack of 2 J. Fudge = 2 Stahls (1 at a time)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_MadTom wrote: »
    Still, I would also like to se some new breeds from NIE, YU, ZIN and the still unkonown one.

Also, we are missing a tripple stat tribble, next to Rivera.

Looking at the charts last night I noticed something. Tribbles come in "alts" of each other for the most part. Like how Cavallaro & Deangelo are opposite colors of each other. From my "research" looking at it, it's entirely possible there are 5 missing tribbles, with the mysterious 26th being Zin's double (or at least that's what it looks like to me on the sto-intel page).

Just a hypothesis, no real basis for my theory other than noticing the duality nature of tribble looks. They don't always exactly color match (see SUS & THO and DAX & GRI) but the fur patterns seem to.

Whatcha think am I totally off base? Will we see 5 new breeds come into the picture at some point via breeding experiments or patches? The whole idea that Quadrotritacale only produces one breed kills me when according to cannon that storage container had dozens of breeds on K-7.

And where are the long-furred tribbles?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darkwilow wrote: »
    Looking at the charts last night I noticed something. Tribbles come in "alts" of each other for the most part. Like how Cavallaro & Deangelo are opposite colors of each other. From my "research" looking at it, it's entirely possible there are 5 missing tribbles, with the mysterious 26th being Zin's double (or at least that's what it looks like to me on the sto-intel page).

Just a hypothesis, no real basis for my theory other than noticing the duality nature of tribble looks. They don't always exactly color match (see SUS & THO and DAX & GRI) but the fur patterns seem to.

Whatcha think am I totally off base? Will we see 5 new breeds come into the picture at some point via breeding experiments or patches? The whole idea that Quadrotritacale only produces one breed kills me when according to cannon that storage container had dozens of breeds on K-7.

I noticed that too but I attributed a different idea to those and instead have plain/spot/stripe combinations.

DOT > HEN > NIX and SPA > JAS > MCC have the DOT/SPA colors combined into stripes or spots
    THO > DEA > STC and VIT > CAV > HOW have the THO/VIT colors combined into stripes or spots

TUF seems to be a combination of both with a mixture of spots and stripes
    RIV we know is currently the unbreedable one and has a blue/yellow single spot pattern

VEL > DAX are the yellow/reddish stripe/spot combo with no opposite match nor single color base

HIG > GRI seem to be their lilac/purple stripe/spot cousin due to their stripe/spot sizes also with no opposite match nor single color base but the size of the spots/stripes are slightly different from the ones above.

MAT > RIC are the blue/yellow stripe/spot combo, again with no opposite match nor single color base with the stripes and spot sizes again different

NIE > Unknown are the yellow/red stripe/spot combo, and again no opposite match nor single color base and again the stripe/spot sizes are different again.

So with that information if we see how the DOT/THO setup we should see the following :

Yellow* > VEL > DAX,
    Red > Red/Yellow Large Stripes > Red/Yellow Large Spots

Lilac > HIG > GRI
    Purple > Purple/Lilac Large Stripes > Purple/Lilac Large Spots

Blue > MAT > RIC
    Yellow* > Yellow/Blue Medium Stripes > Yellow/Blue Medium Spots

Yellow* > NIE > Unknown
    Red* > Red/Yellow Thin Stripes > Red/Yellow Small Spots

So technically we are looking at least for Yellow, Red, Purple, Lilac and Blue plain tribbles and the missing combo ones. A total of 13 not including the Unknown one.

That is of course assuming they are using color genetic system for breeding patterns :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Agreed! This is great, only slightly disappointed that it was figured out so quickly.

Only down to the minimal patterns. Some of us were hoping for more complex breeding patterns but alas. Now whether there are more that we just haven't discovered due to the complex patterns we haven't come across yet in which case, we haven't figured it out yet :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice work on that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really nice work, easy to follow. Been meaning to start a breeding program for a while now..

Incidently, did the guys at Cryptic get to choose which tribble was named after them, or was is random? And how many in house jokes are going around with these breeding links? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RIV + Aldebaran WHiskey = Deangelo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is definitely much easier to read.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    which i was first to predict :-P

it was Mad Tom's table order that turned my lightbulb on though.

Noticing each of the rare breeds came from a specific lower breed, using a specific food from the 72% tier

Hate to burst your bubble, but we've been discussing the apparent errors in the breeding results for about two weeks now since the 72% foods were exhausted on DAX and the ZIN connection was found.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Still, I would also like to se some new breeds from NIE, YU, ZIN and the still unkonown one.

Not sure why there needs to be another triple stat one. The others come in pairs because the tree splits into resist/damage and regen/damage, and each of those split into their respective pairs. But rivera is central, combining all 3, as is tuffli. So the symmetry is maintained with only one at those levels.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darkwilow wrote: »

Tuffli and rivera are special. I don't think there's any need for them to have a pairing. Tuffli combines both stripes and spots, and is the branching point for the stripe/spot trees. While they could have put in something with reverse colors that does the same thing, we obviously would have found it by now. It seems clear the intent was that all t2 spawn the single t3 branch point. Rivera is of course the best buy reward, so it makes sense that it is unique. And because it lies at the center of the tree, there's no need for it to have a twin either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tempestrus wrote:
    Really nice work, easy to follow. Been meaning to start a breeding program for a while now..

Incidently, did the guys at Cryptic get to choose which tribble was named after them, or was is random? And how many in house jokes are going around with these breeding links? ;)

Rofl, well one of the tribbles is only bred from alcoholic drinks so we're wondering if the namesake has a reputation around the office rofl. But there are definitely tribbles named after cryptic people. Rivera for one and Zinc is named after Zinkoweiz or something similar ( not looking at page right now ) who is the CEO I think of Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If only the food to breed them wasn't twice the value of the tribble. Wonder how fast my Taspar Egg would sell if I put it up for ONLY 50k.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great chart. Thanks.:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xrystal wrote: »
    Rofl, well one of the tribbles is only bred from alcoholic drinks so we're wondering if the namesake has a reputation around the office rofl. But there are definitely tribbles named after cryptic people. Rivera for one and Zinc is named after Zinkoweiz or something similar ( not looking at page right now ) who is the CEO I think of Cryptic.

Ahh, but how many love childs might there be, hmm? :confused: :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just like Pokemon - "Gotta have them all" :D.

Rivera looks to be the uber tribble :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And to think I have been ejecting them out the airlock all this time...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IfniLuck wrote:

Not sure why there needs to be another triple stat one. The others come in pairs because the tree splits into resist/damage and regen/damage, and each of those split into their respective pairs. But rivera is central, combining all 3, as is tuffli. So the symmetry is maintained with only one at those levels.

I've assumed for the time being that our Mystery #26 Tribble is going to be a top end DPS Tribble based on evidence made clear with the posted hierarchy charts and the breeding symmetry pattern of the rest of the other Tribbles. I've also assumed that this Tribble is going to be a breeding twin of the Nielson.

We have 4 known Regen Tribbles, 4 known DamRes Tribbles and only 7 known DPS Tribbles. There probably ought to be an 8th DPS Tribble.

The top two Regen Tribbles (Highison and Yu) are almost identical in terms of their breeding combos. The same can be said of the top two DamRes Tribbles (Griffis and Zinc). Therefore the top two DPS Tribbles should end up being Nielson and the Mystery #26 because Nielson doesn't really have a twin yet.

Of course as we've recently learned the Devs know there are problems with this Tribble and might change up these relationships. But for the moment the case for Mystery #26 is fairly strong at this point.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, i agree that there should be another 2.5x dps tribble bred from daxter. That's pretty clear from the symmetries in the chart and the known image obtained by STO intel. I just don't know where all this speculation about other missing tribbles is coming from.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm open to the possibilty that there -might- be Tribbles beyond the current top Nielson / Yu / Zinc / #26 grouping and maybe even a second triple-stat Tribble out there. I'm just not seeing much hard evidence of any of that so far myself. Maybe the upcoming Tribble Patch will change that. *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rivera + Andorian Tuber Root = Sparkes

This info courtesy of @timothy_atwood
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Edit: see below.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just had an awesome conversation with Rehpic, and he cleared up basically all the remaining questions we have about Tribbles (Thx Dak for hooking me up!) here's what he said;

Our mystery Tribble is indeed bugged and not breed-able a the moment
    Rivera is not breed-able (as intended) at the moment
    There are no current plans to make Rivera avalible outside pre-oreders
    They will look at fixing the current breeding bugs, but there is no current timetable
    I asked to be sure a note is put in updates, but Rehpic evidently went afk before then, so we can only hope

Inferred; it sounds like we are basically done with major research until this bug is fixed. Feeding Highison a Heart of Targ after ever patch seems to be the easiest (if not expensive) method to test for a fix absent of knowing there will be patch notes.

Here is the complete text of the conversation that took place during the time Rehpic was discussing tribbles;

<Dakirn> zeroth could you tell alexiya what rehpic told you about the tribbles please? :P
    <Alexiya> :P
    <@Zeroth&gt; I showed rehpic the tribble no one can breed(not the preorder)
    <&Cryptic_Falkoren> oh snap these are soo cool, klink and fed variants
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> there is a bug in the data that drives the tribble game
    <@Zeroth&gt; lol
    <@Zeroth&gt; or just ask rehpic himself
    <Alexiya> heya Rehpic :)
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> one tribble species can not currently be bred
    <Blademage> heheh heyo rehpic
    <Bobkyou> does that mean all the research done so far will need to be thrown out? lol
    <Dakirn> note: if you mention Tribble, Rehpic comes back
    <Dakirn> if Rehpic made tribble sounds i'd pet him :P
    <&Cryptic_Falkoren> YAY thanks for confirming that Rehpic, one less thing I need to follow up on
    <Blademage> lol
    <Alexiya> so basically my question was, you stated one species cannot be bred, i read that as one species total, including rivera, dak said thats not including rivera
    <Dakirn> i said i didn't think rivera was breedable
    <Dakirn> and still don't :)
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> luckily the great tribble researchers were able to point me at an image of the exact missing tribble, so it was easy to track down
    <@Zeroth&gt; lol
    <Dakirn> mainly i thought 25 was a good round number of breedable tribbles :)
    <@Zeroth&gt; rehpic: doesw that mean the rivera(pre-order) tribble can be bought?
    <Alexiya> :P so it is indeed a bug that he's not breedable? not just a tribble being left for later use then. :)
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> I'm referring to the one listed under "Unidentified Tribbles" on this page: http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Tribble#Unidentified_Tribbles
    <@Zeroth&gt; yay
    <@Zeroth&gt; thats how awesome stoi is
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> Rivera can not be bred. It can only be obtained as a preorder item
    <Bobkyou> has anyone tested the str of the riviara buffs compared to the other tribbles?
    <@Zeroth&gt; not yet
    <Alexiya> yes
    <Reliant> if anyone can solve the problem of tribble romance & matchmaking, it's Rehpic
    <Alexiya> rivera buffs are each base 1.0 value buffs
    <Bobkyou> thanks for the info
    <Alexiya> any chance you intend to add rivera as attainable vie some other method later?
    <Testdrive> Rephic, Falkoren any info on the upcoming DP yet ?
    <Alexiya> via
    <Alexiya> btw u rock rehpic :)
    <Bobkyou> all hail Rehpic, master of tribbles!
    <Testdrive> if they do, then most of the pre-order items will prob be asked to make it attainable also
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> I love the tribble game because it reminds me of A Tale In the Desert, and game I played a lot when it first came out
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> *a game
    <Alexiya> true, i guess i just kinda see rivera as different because of the 'gotta breed em all' game of tirbbles
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> as far as i know, there are no current plans to make any of the pre-order items available in other ways.
    <Alexiya> darn. :( thx
    <Blob> maybe they could eventually be like veteran rewards, though thats probably a way off
    <Xaintrix> I'm so glad these State of the Game posts come out so regularly.
    <Testdrive> give it a few months
    <Xaintrix> Or often rather.
    <Alexiya> i'm just hoping to see them on the c-store
    <@Zeroth&gt; Rehpic, can you convince the powers that be to give klingons a targ breeding mini-game>
    <@Zeroth&gt; ?
    <@Zeroth&gt; and let us pit targs against each other, ala pokemon battles
    <+Cryptic_Rehpic> i will mention it
    <Testdrive> lol
    <Bobkyou> targ breeding game would be fun, but multi colored targs would be funny as heck lol
    <DocSavag> I'd rather have a Bridge Officer breeding mini-game but I'm guessing that might not get past the ESRB...
    <DocSavag> :)
    <Bobkyou> bright orange with pink spots
    <Blademage> "Online Ineractions are not rated by the ESRB" >.>
    <Reliant> I want to see something like FF7 chocobo racing & breeding but with a Star Trek theme
    <Alexiya> you've been an awsome help rehpic :) hopefully you can be sure it is placed it patch notes when tribble breeding is corrected so that we know to start te-testing?
    <Bobkyou> tribble racing, whoever breeds the most in 12 hours wins lol
    <Blademage> i love my black choco o.o
    <Alexiya> *re-testing

At least we have clarity now. :)

Edit; Damnit, Dak beat me by 1 minutes lmao!

Edit 2; Unedit, Dak removed his. roflmao
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the link to the 1mb wallpaper doesnt work but the printer friendly version does.
    nice job!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh wow, A Tale in the Desert .. I played that for a long while .. very puzzliy type game.

But good to know that we're pretty much done until they sneak that patch in :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RIV + Synthale = Dotson