Options

The biggest threat to the future.. is Cryptic

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Um, what? It sounds more like you are talking about the organized religions your friends belong to, not STO. Want to talk about brainwashing and holding themselves to higher standards? Talk to them. Ha!

Very well written (I'm guessing you didn't actually write it youself, since you would never use such proper grammar and punctuation), but pure unadulterated drivel. You are a naive child if you actually believe any of this. And you're not as thart as you smink you are.

:cool:

Blackavaar, go back and read the whole thread. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:
    In response to Cryptic Studios's musings, I would like to offer the following opposing points.

It isn't important whether you agree with every detail that I intend to present. What matters is that you begin to realize that ever since Cryptic Studios decided to foment a radical realignment of industrialized economies, its consistent, unvarying line has been that the laws of nature don't apply to it.

How do you think Cryptic Studios will get its hands on all of the incriminating documents about it that I have in my possession? A secretive home or office invasion, a knock on the door, or its favored battering-ram incursion? There is widespread agreement in asking that question but there is great disagreement in answering it.

Notice the contemptuous tendency of Cryptic Studios' schemes. A good friend of mine once said that we should all rake Cryptic Studios over the coals for turning flakes loose against us good citizens. Amen to that! In fact, I even informed my friend that I believe I have found my calling. My calling is to rise to the challenge of thwarting Cryptic Studios's featherbrained plans. And just let it try and stop me.

Will I allow Cryptic Studios to deny citizens the ability to become informed about the destruction that it is capable of? As long as there is breath in my earthly body, I assure you I will not.

What I will do, however, is inform as many people as possible that I'm sticking out my neck a bit in talking about Cryptic Studios's invectives. It's quite likely it will try to retaliate against me for my telling you that it hates it when you say that its remonstrations are part of a larger attack on the very notion of meritocracy and quality. It really hates it when you say that. Try saying that to it sometime if you have a thick skin and don't mind having it shriek insults at you.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for letting me express my feelings.

While my better instincts counsel me to follow a policy of laissez-faire, there are a couple of Geoduck360's statements I feel I cannot let pass. Before I launch into my main topic, I want to make a few matters crystal-clear: (1) Geoduck360's attendants live not by rational discussion but by mindless slogans, and (2) as a result of that, Geoduck360's snow jobs are not normal. Now that you know where I stand on those issues, I can safely say that Geoduck360 keeps saying that you and I are inferior to fatuitous, whiney shirkers. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, our country is being destroyed by what I call inaniloquent crooks. There are several logical contradictions in Geoduck360's position on this matter. For example, I don't know what bothers me most about it. Is it its specious arguments, its illogical reasoning, its obscurantist claims, its unreasonable speculations, or any of the many forms of pseudoscholarship we see in its prank phone calls? In any case, some people insist that the choice we face as a nation is whether to run our country ourselves or let unpleasant whiners run it for us. Others assert that each of these issues is central to the factionalism debate. In the interest of clearing up the confusion I'll make the following observation: Geoduck360 is the embodiment of everything petty in our lives. Every grievance, every envy, every illaudable ideology finds expression in Geoduck360. The facts are in: Mischievous alarmism is Geoduck360's preferred quick-fix solution to complex cultural problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kuggy wrote:
    I know. In DMD: Game design, we are hammered in things such as your idea is like your child, and unless your able to throw your child away, you will never be able to bring about something grand. I think cryptic tries. Really hard. However I think at times, at least from looking at priorities, they are in chaos.

Had the borg content not been nearly as broke as it was, and heck still is, then it would have been a morale and confidence booster. As it stands, it just convinces people that the 45 day patch is going to be bust. That is why i said they are the worse enemy to the game's future. They are putting so much effort in and at the same time pushing the idea that they cant push out content that works. A bad combination.

They just could not let go of thier pride and joy....thier hero game engine, and like a big lead weight,
    it is likely to sink this game.

wrong engine....cryptic, you love it too much...it is a tool, and for this game the wrong tool.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    QUE

10chars

Whatever that means.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Whatever that means.

yea what does QUE mean. i know you're not talking about the queue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Optiv wrote:
    Blackavaar, go back and read the whole thread. :rolleyes:

No thanks! It's not worth my time...

... unless you are suggesting that it was some kind of joke or sarcasm that I could not discern through speed reading?

• Options
    edited February 2010

No thanks! It's not worth my time...

... unless you are suggesting that it was some kind of joke or sarcasm that I could not discern through speed reading?

Go tho this website site, and you will under stand. Scott Pakin's automatic Complaint generator
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kuggy wrote:
    Now before you think i am going to straight bash Cryptic on what had been released at launch, or hadn't, your wrong. I am not going to go into any of that. Instead.. I am going to only venture into what was released a week ago, the Borg Content.

To be simple... This is my issue with it.

Most of the stuff you released is either broke or revolves around something that was born into the game broke.

Itemization:

1# The top end ground weapons, the ones you need to do dailies to get, have issues being equipped on all of your away team.

2# There are bugs with the deflectors, which takes 11 days to obtain even one.

3# Some of the space weapons were bugged, and are still bugged, between antiproton and phaser damage. In which case, it messed with tactical consoles and makes these particular ones inferior outright.

4# You break your own rules. You have went for whatever reason, which some I can guess, decided to take the 3 modifier rule you had in place for very rares and give the PVP rewarded ones 4 modifers. You left the PVE antiproton space weapons at 3. Was this just an attempt to try and entice players to pvp? These are not unique items, not like the Efficient impulse engines. These are generic very rare items. I could understand a few of them, but they all follow this route. As such, seems less like a mistake and more like an attempt to put a bandaid on the issue of how PVP is in STO.

5# The star cluster still suffers from the same issues all the previous ones have with the bugged maps, failure to start actions needed in order to start missions like enemy confrontation, and more.

This was supposed to be something you would give onto your playerbase as a boon, and thus be enjoyed. Also, something to show all of us the future of the game, and your efforts.

Yet, most of it is indeed broke. It isnt enjoyable. It isnt what one would call... confidence building in your ability to roll out content that works. Your subscription base is WANTING to believe that waiting will cure all these issues. Yet, you throw down something that is so broken that it just annoys most of the ones working towards the new goals you designed for us.

There has not been a peep on it. Nothing. It is almost as if maybe you threw the borg content out in such a mess because you want to focus all your effort on this 45 day patch. Wonderful. But did that prove that it is WORTH waiting for the 45 day patch? Or did it just prove that your level of what Quality is, isnt that high?

I play the game, I enjoy many aspects of it. However, I was downright ****ed off at the disrespect you put towards your own game, which in turn, was left for we the players to wade through.

Was there no notion that had the borg content all worked, and done what it was supposed to, that maybe you would have lessened the amount of negativity? That you would have proven that you do know what your doing for the future of the game? That more would be renewing and not canceling?

The only thing proven about the 45 day patch is the world you have given us between release, and now. That means.. as of right now.. we are going to have to hope at least SOME of it works right?

A thousand words of "quality is coming" is trumpted by a single big content patch of pure "Broke".

Not to be overly simplistic in responding but did nobody pay attention to Champion's Online? Seriously people - Cryptic is a churn and burn to retail box developer - nothing more. They are McDonalds churning out fast and cheap happy meals. How is this surprising to people given that Champion's was just as incomplete, just as simplistic, just as full of unrealized promise and underdeveloped or half finished elements.

The other lesson we should learn from Cryptic's handling of Champion's - don't expect much in the way of development post launch - some fixes here and there and maybe some a bit of content here and there though questionably just a re-skinning of the same old stuff. In short, the idea that Cryptic will expand or even develop a game post launch is ridiculous - they are all about the push to launch, quick and dirty get to launch and get the sales rolling in - period.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I need to get something out of the way before I begin. I must say that I'm not going to respond to Pie's remarks beyond saying that Pie's practices represent not only a denial of reality, but also an especially temperamental sort of spiritual poison that will impair the practice of democracy one day. As I elaborate on that concept throughout this letter I will use only simple words and language so that even a child can understand my message. Yes, even a child should know that Pie believes that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. That's just wrong. It further believes that superstition is no less credible than proven scientific principles. Wrong again!

I have seen what Pie is capable of, and I am afraid. I am very afraid and I am very angry. Let me offer some free advice to Pie's sycophants: Stop turning libertines loose against us good citizens!

I am not concerned with rumors or hearsay about Pie. I am interested only in ascertained facts attested by published documents and in these primarily as an illustration that Pie decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. When Pie says that going through the motions of working is the same as working, that's just a load of spucatum tauri. If I had to choose the most scornful specimen from Pie's welter of quixotic gabble, it would have to be Pie's claim that feebleminded wastrels are inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. We must show Pie that we are not powerless pedestrians on the asphalt of life. We must show it that we can prescribe a course of action. Maybe then Pie will realize that its opinion is that the Earth is flat. Of course, opinions are like sphincters: we all have them. So let me tell you my opinion. My opinion is that Pie maintains that either everyone and everything discriminates against it—including the writing on the bathroom stalls—or that everyone who doesn't share its beliefs is a pusillanimous slimeball deserving of death and damnation. Pie denies any other possibility.

I'd peg the odds at about six to one that Pie will embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians sooner than you think. If I'm wrong, I promise that I'll gladly swallow whatever it dishes out. Guess what? Pie keeps saying that it does the things it does "for the children". Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, I have a dream that my children will be able to live in a world filled with open spaces and beautiful wilderness—not in a dark, obscene world run by treacherous, closed-minded lotharios. Pie's lies come in many forms. Some of its lies are in the form of announcements. Others are in the form of undertakings. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion.

An armed revolt against Pie is morally justified. However, I profess that it is not yet strategically justified. So far, this letter has merely identified the ways in which in Pie's writing, words and meaning have almost parted company. Now, let me shift gears and start telling you about how the last time I told Pie's peons that I want to encourage open, civic engagement they declared in response, "But those of us who oppose Pie would rather run than fight." Of course, they didn't use exactly those words, but that's exactly what they meant.

As the oft-repeated saying goes, "Sometimes the best course of action will be obvious, sometimes not". The importance of that saying is that it reminds us that Pie has been trying to raise funds for scientific studies that "prove" that it can ignore rules, laws, and protocol without repercussion. This is what's called "advocacy research" or "junk science" because it's funded by bloody-minded election-year also-rans who have already decided that Pie has been robbed of all it does not possess. Who else but Pie would have the brass to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that it can retreat into its "victim" status if anyone calls it to account.

By and large, the point is that if everyone spent just five minutes a day thinking about ways to honor our nation's glorious mosaic of cultures and ethnicities, we'd all be a lot better off. Is five minutes a day too much to ask for the promise of a better tomorrow? I hope not, but then again, I hate it when people get their facts absolutely wrong. For instance, whenever I hear some corporate fat cat make noises about how escapism is the key to world peace, I can't help but think that Pie's positions are wrong for the same reason that drug use, adultery, lust, murder, and lying are wrong. But I digress. Pie's threats are a logical absurdity, a series of deductions from a premise that has been denied. Speaking of absurdities, Pie can get away with lies (e.g., that if it kicks us in the teeth we'll then lick its toes and beg for another kick) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Pie is lying.

You might not care that Pie's degeneracy has permeated the whole stratum of society, but you'd better start caring if you don't want Pie to wiretap all of our telephones and computers. Does Pie have trouble living with itself, knowing that as a dynamic, historical current, anti-intellectualism has taken many different forms and has evolved dramatically in a variety of ways? There is widespread agreement in asking that question but there is great disagreement in answering it. It is apparent to me that if we don't do something soon, Pie's brown-nosing smears will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people. I realize that the tone of this letter may be making some people feel uneasy. However, even if you're somewhat uncomfortable reading about Pie's exploitative, headstrong protests please don't blame me for them. I'm not the one breaking down our communities. I'm not the one causing riots in the streets. And I'm not the one making my blood curdle.

To oppose autism, we must oppose absolutism. To oppose Dadaism, we must oppose deconstructionism. And to oppose Pie, we must oppose disorganized hostes generis humani. Though contumacious materialism is not discussed in this letter, much of what I've written applies to that, as well. While there's no use crying over spilled milk, any rational argument must acknowledge this. Pie's tactless artifices, naturally, do not.

If you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. I'm sure Pie wouldn't want me to eavesdrop on its secret meetings. So why does it want to perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy? I can give you only my best estimate, made after long and anxious consideration, but I do not pose as an expert in these matters. I can say only that I suppose it's predictable, though terribly sad, that devious galoots with stronger voices than minds would revert to sinful behavior. But whenever there's an argument about its devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that its jealous attendants make empty promises for no better reason than to be above someone on the social ladder. That should settle the argument pretty quickly. Still, Pie is reluctant to resolve problems. It always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that it uses big words like "lithochromatographic" to make itself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Pie's publicity stunts may reek like a skunk, Pie is the type of organization that turns up its nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for it to empty the meaning of such concepts as "self," "justice," "freedom," and other profundities. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that Pie's confreres argue, against a steady accretion of facts of already mountainous proportions, that we'd all be better off if they'd just hinder economic growth and job creation.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I mean honestly after the game being out not even a month I am pretty fed up myself. This is how I feel about it.

While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that STO engages in pietistic babble that nauseates even some of my more religious friends. Let's get down to brass tacks: There is something grievously wrong with those militant ****ants who defy the law of the land. Shame on the lot of them! In general, I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But STO's bromides have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together -- life! STO wants all of us to believe that everything it says is entirely and absolutely true. That's why it sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media.

If STO is going to talk about higher standards, then it needs to live by those higher standards. I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like STO take us over the edge of the abyss of nonrepresentationalism. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. STO is bad enough when it's alone, but it is even worse when it's joined by dirty nutters. Here's some news for you: The encroachment of perverted, sullen harangues into the social fabric of our politics, our institutions, and our laws would give credence to my claim that this is nothing new. Interesting, isn't it? What you may find even more interesting is that the pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to stop this insanity?

I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that STO is up to, the more shocking things, things like how it wants to fuel inquisitions. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but it has the nerve to call those of us who summon up the courage to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths "conspiracy theorists". No, we're "conspiracy revealers" because we reveal that STO does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when it says that it's okay if its activities initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Much of STO's behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the anti-democratic batty-types whom STO claims to be trying to help. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that STO stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of wily warped-types like it can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. Be always mindful that I do not have the time, in one sitting, to go into the long answer as to why as long as I live and breathe, I will strive to purge the darkness from STO's heart. But the short answer is that it appears to have found a new tool to use to help it feature simplistic answers to complex problems. That tool is denominationalism, and if you watch it wield it, you'll unmistakably see why its apologists consider its belief systems a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of alarmism. Perhaps STO has never had to take a stand and fight for something as critical as our right to call for proper disciplinary action against it and its legates. But its occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are STO's promises. In fact, we can divide its ideas into three categories: humorless, mutinous, and dissolute.

In hearing about STO's principles, one gets the distinct impression that STO and its buddies are yellow-bellied dips. This is not set down in complaint against them, but merely as analysis. I've heard STO say that it is a model organization. Was that just a slip of the lip or is STO secretly trying to introduce changes without testing them first? Apparently, even know-it-all STO doesn't know the answer to that one. It wouldn't matter much if it did, given that it has been said that its subordinates get so hypnotized by its simplistic "good guys and bad guys" approach to history that they do not hear what STO is really saying. I believe that to be true. I also believe that if you are not smart enough to realize this, then you become the victim of your own ignorance.

Now, I'm going to be honest here. If the only way to delegitimize STO is for me to choke to death, then so be it. It would certainly be worth it because it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did its reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Why is it that 99 times out of 100, what it considers a fair shake, the rest of us consider a repressive, humiliating, culture-stripping experience?" First, I'll give you a very brief answer and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, it makes assertions that strain credulity. I'll probably devote a separate letter to that topic alone, but for now, I'll simply summarize by stating that I'm not very conversant with STO's background. To be quite frank, I don't care to be. I already know enough to state with confidence that the gloss that STO's allies put on STO's opinions unfortunately does little to arraign it at the tribunal of public opinion. STO's compeers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with STO, and meeting some other twisted politicos is merely a social event. They're not even aware that if STO continues to alter, rewrite, or ignore past events to make them consistent with its current "reality", I will decidedly be obliged to do something about it. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations. I have a message for STO. My message is that, for the good of us all, it should never create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind. It should never even try to do such a resentful thing. To make myself perfectly clear, by "never", I don't mean "maybe", "sometimes", or "it depends". I mean only that I recently informed STO that its vicegerents scorn and abjure reason. STO said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, if it wants to complain, it should have an argument. It shouldn't just throw out the word "phenolsulphonephthalein", for example, and expect us to be scared. Thus, in summing up, we can establish the following: 1) STO makes it its job to insult my intelligence, and 2) its assertion that its mistakes are always someone else's fault serves only to illustrate its ignorance and poorly hidden bigotry.

Well it's nice to have some funny trolls here again at least. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Friends, I cannot state more clearly the following sobering fact: Lord Zodi H. Emish V always sounds like he's reading a prepared speech. For the sake of review, Zodi wants us to emulate the White Queen from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, who strives to believe "as many as six impossible things before breakfast". Then again, even the White Queen would have trouble believing that Zodi can be trusted to judge the rest of the world from a unique perch of pure wisdom. I prefer to believe things that my experience tells me are true, such as that destroying our moral fiber is a mug's game. The only reason he does things like that is because either he has no real conception of the sweep of history, or he is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with "facts" that are taken out of context. I do not wish to endorse egotism but rather to illustrate that if I have a bias, it is only against anti-democratic casuists who abandon me on a desert island.

My next point will be so cogent that even Zodi will be able to understand it. Specifically, if Zodi wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "counterrevolutionary", for example, and expect us to be scared.

I believe in "live and let live". Zodi, in contrast, demands not only tolerance and acceptance of his taradiddles but endorsement of them. It's because of such mumpish demands that I assert that his foolhardy lackeys like to shout, "Let's sacrifice our essential liberties on the altar of political horse-trading. That'll be wonderful. Hooray, hooray!" But that won't be wonderful. Rather, it'll change children's values from those taught in the home to those considered chic by vainglorious fault-finders. So you see, Lord Zodi H. Emish V is a hypocrite who preaches morality and virtue while simultaneously challenging all I stand for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    Go tho this website site, and you will under stand. Scott Pakin's automatic Complaint generator

Aha! I see. I knew she would ever use such correct punctuation and proper grammar.

Thanks, Zodi.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    gx4th wrote: »
    I need to get something out of the way before I begin. I must say that I'm not going to respond to Pie's remarks beyond saying that Pie's practices represent not only a denial of reality, but also an especially temperamental sort of spiritual poison that will impair the practice of democracy one day. As I elaborate on that concept throughout this letter I will use only simple words and language so that even a child can understand my message. Yes, even a child should know that Pie believes that a knowledge of correct diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or stupidity. That's just wrong. It further believes that superstition is no less credible than proven scientific principles. Wrong again!

I have seen what Pie is capable of, and I am afraid. I am very afraid and I am very angry. Let me offer some free advice to Pie's sycophants: Stop turning libertines loose against us good citizens!

I am not concerned with rumors or hearsay about Pie. I am interested only in ascertained facts attested by published documents and in these primarily as an illustration that Pie decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that it fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. When Pie says that going through the motions of working is the same as working, that's just a load of spucatum tauri. If I had to choose the most scornful specimen from Pie's welter of quixotic gabble, it would have to be Pie's claim that feebleminded wastrels are inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. We must show Pie that we are not powerless pedestrians on the asphalt of life. We must show it that we can prescribe a course of action. Maybe then Pie will realize that its opinion is that the Earth is flat. Of course, opinions are like sphincters: we all have them. So let me tell you my opinion. My opinion is that Pie maintains that either everyone and everything discriminates against it—including the writing on the bathroom stalls—or that everyone who doesn't share its beliefs is a pusillanimous slimeball deserving of death and damnation. Pie denies any other possibility.

I'd peg the odds at about six to one that Pie will embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians sooner than you think. If I'm wrong, I promise that I'll gladly swallow whatever it dishes out. Guess what? Pie keeps saying that it does the things it does "for the children". Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, I have a dream that my children will be able to live in a world filled with open spaces and beautiful wilderness—not in a dark, obscene world run by treacherous, closed-minded lotharios. Pie's lies come in many forms. Some of its lies are in the form of announcements. Others are in the form of undertakings. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion.

An armed revolt against Pie is morally justified. However, I profess that it is not yet strategically justified. So far, this letter has merely identified the ways in which in Pie's writing, words and meaning have almost parted company. Now, let me shift gears and start telling you about how the last time I told Pie's peons that I want to encourage open, civic engagement they declared in response, "But those of us who oppose Pie would rather run than fight." Of course, they didn't use exactly those words, but that's exactly what they meant.

As the oft-repeated saying goes, "Sometimes the best course of action will be obvious, sometimes not". The importance of that saying is that it reminds us that Pie has been trying to raise funds for scientific studies that "prove" that it can ignore rules, laws, and protocol without repercussion. This is what's called "advocacy research" or "junk science" because it's funded by bloody-minded election-year also-rans who have already decided that Pie has been robbed of all it does not possess. Who else but Pie would have the brass to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that it can retreat into its "victim" status if anyone calls it to account.

By and large, the point is that if everyone spent just five minutes a day thinking about ways to honor our nation's glorious mosaic of cultures and ethnicities, we'd all be a lot better off. Is five minutes a day too much to ask for the promise of a better tomorrow? I hope not, but then again, I hate it when people get their facts absolutely wrong. For instance, whenever I hear some corporate fat cat make noises about how escapism is the key to world peace, I can't help but think that Pie's positions are wrong for the same reason that drug use, adultery, lust, murder, and lying are wrong. But I digress. Pie's threats are a logical absurdity, a series of deductions from a premise that has been denied. Speaking of absurdities, Pie can get away with lies (e.g., that if it kicks us in the teeth we'll then lick its toes and beg for another kick) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Pie is lying.

You might not care that Pie's degeneracy has permeated the whole stratum of society, but you'd better start caring if you don't want Pie to wiretap all of our telephones and computers. Does Pie have trouble living with itself, knowing that as a dynamic, historical current, anti-intellectualism has taken many different forms and has evolved dramatically in a variety of ways? There is widespread agreement in asking that question but there is great disagreement in answering it. It is apparent to me that if we don't do something soon, Pie's brown-nosing smears will rise like a golem with a million hands on a million throats to choke the honor out of decent, hardworking people. I realize that the tone of this letter may be making some people feel uneasy. However, even if you're somewhat uncomfortable reading about Pie's exploitative, headstrong protests please don't blame me for them. I'm not the one breaking down our communities. I'm not the one causing riots in the streets. And I'm not the one making my blood curdle.

To oppose autism, we must oppose absolutism. To oppose Dadaism, we must oppose deconstructionism. And to oppose Pie, we must oppose disorganized hostes generis humani. Though contumacious materialism is not discussed in this letter, much of what I've written applies to that, as well. While there's no use crying over spilled milk, any rational argument must acknowledge this. Pie's tactless artifices, naturally, do not.

If you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. I'm sure Pie wouldn't want me to eavesdrop on its secret meetings. So why does it want to perpetuate the nonsense known technically as the analytic/synthetic dichotomy? I can give you only my best estimate, made after long and anxious consideration, but I do not pose as an expert in these matters. I can say only that I suppose it's predictable, though terribly sad, that devious galoots with stronger voices than minds would revert to sinful behavior. But whenever there's an argument about its devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that its jealous attendants make empty promises for no better reason than to be above someone on the social ladder. That should settle the argument pretty quickly. Still, Pie is reluctant to resolve problems. It always just looks the other way and hopes no one will notice that it uses big words like "lithochromatographic" to make itself sound important. For that matter, benevolent Nature has equipped another puny creature, the skunk, with a means of making itself seem important, too. Although Pie's publicity stunts may reek like a skunk, Pie is the type of organization that turns up its nose at people like you and me. I guess that's because we haven't the faintest notion about the things that really matter such as why it would be good for it to empty the meaning of such concepts as "self," "justice," "freedom," and other profundities. Now that this letter is over, I pray that my logic and passion have convinced you that Pie's confreres argue, against a steady accretion of facts of already mountainous proportions, that we'd all be better off if they'd just hinder economic growth and job creation.

i am inclined to agree with the aforementioned statements however I do refute a fair number of them which I will elaborate on more all in due time but for the moment i must digress ... one word sums up this thread quite nicely

QUE
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i am inclined to agree with the aforementioned statements however I do refute a fair number of them which I will elaborate on more all in due time but for the moment i must digress ... one word sums up this thread quite nicely

QUE

Again, what is this QUE you speak of, little girl?

• Options
    edited February 2010

QUE

Good sir/madam, I am quite prepared to defend my previous statements. Especially this passage:

I'd peg the odds at about six to one that Pie will embark on wholesale torture and slaughter of innocent civilians sooner than you think. If I'm wrong, I promise that I'll gladly swallow whatever it dishes out.

Head for the hills, your end is near.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I should have read the whole thread before commenting. Most awesome thread in history.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I should have read the whole thread before commenting. Most awesome thread in history.

so is your faec
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The worst part of this thread is that I've had to read so much pretentious, postmodernist babble in my academic career that the randomly-generated rants didn't flag in my brain as 'computer-generated randomness'.

People actually speak and write like that. In seriousness. If you still have faith in humanity, you're made of sterner stuff than I.

That said, nothing I disagree with in detail in the OP.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so is your faec

In the event that your attempt at antisocial mastication is not a misguided notion towards solidarity, I present you with irrefutable examples of other, and more successful mammalian advances in the field. Firstly I give you the wedding ceremony of the peoples of Nairobi, in which twelve people who are to be surgically joined will dance around an empty box while screaming and shrieking in ancient dead languages about the injustices perpetrated on the common insects of the region. Dare you comment on this? Secondly I mention the second war between the overgrown tom cats in my neighborhood and the raccoons. It was a brutal battle lasting several weeks, and much blood was shed on both sides, but I tell you, as if the outcome was not obvious already, that neither side can truly be called the victor. The neighborhood is in ruins to this very day and my uncle is unable to grow tomatoes in a certain 3x3' patch of land in his back yard.

I am confident that this is all clear to you now, and certainly you must realize that placing small objects on your windowsill in order of size from left to right will only protect you if the third object from the right is placed precisely 3cm from the nearest shadow cast by the windowpane. If it is noon, then you are dangerously out of luck and I pray that you did not forget to pack a luch, because you are in for a long ride.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I made mine manually. That's probably kind of sad.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The worst part of this thread is that I've had to read so much pretentious, postmodernist babble in my academic career that the randomly-generated rants didn't flag in my brain as 'computer-generated randomness'.

People actually speak and write like that. In seriousness. If you still have faith in humanity, you're made of sterner stuff than I.

That said, nothing I disagree with in detail in the OP.

Eh.. that stuff has been going on for quite some time. They have nothing to retort, since I wasnt stating issues with how the game is designed, but the fundamentals of quality coming from progressive content being added. No one can retort it. It is what it is. I think the title fits. If they dont change how they approach and render new content, and keep up what has been considered a reputation for patches, then they are going to harm the game's future more than anything.

I just want them to be humble, which requires lowering their pride, and realize that they are hurting the game. The notice of the test server and whatnot for thursday is good. I appreciate that. Hopefully we the players can help them get content working before it hits live. No one likes opening a gift to find it is all shattered. The giver should feel embarassed and the reciever should feel effort was trivialized.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Random rant generators are pretty obvious and quite full of fail.