test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

there is ZERO end game content!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
i hit rear admiral 5 yesterday. i have absolutely nothign to do except for the odd defend mission or cluster grind. there is no raid, no dungeon, no fleet action. even pvp is hard due to how unattractive it seems to level a klingon ( 1-2h queues atm). this is not gonna keep me paying. i think im back to wow/eve. was nice the 20-30 hour's this game lasted:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ur stufs

can i have them
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mongibongi wrote:
    i hit rear admiral 5 yesterday. i have absolutely nothign to do except for the odd defend mission or cluster grind. there is no raid, no dungeon, no fleet action. even pvp is hard due to how unattractive it seems to level a klingon ( 1-2h queues atm). this is not gonna keep me paying. i think im back to wow/eve. was nice the 20-30 hour's this game lasted:)
    Yes, go to your WoW with the rest of the 15 year old kids. That way when the good stuff rolls out, we can point and laugh and go "LOOKIT THE WoW KIDDY! AHAHAHAHAHA!"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    check the front page.

endgame is coming in a rolling launch, three 5 man "raidisodes" or Special task force missions are incoming, with more on the way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shingi wrote:
    check the front page.

endgame is coming in a rolling launch, three 5 man "raidisodes" or Special task force missions are incoming, with more on the way.
    No! Don't tell him that! The less WoW kiddies we have, the better off we are!
    Ignore the crazy person. There's nothing coming, they're not fixing any bugs. Go back to your WoW.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Known that for two weeks now..................
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mongibongi wrote:

This is what, post 6 zillion.
    ur stufs

can i have them

And this is 6 zillion and 1.

Folks are so original (likewise I'm sure).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ur stufs

can i have them

on escrow on jita 4/4.. go claim.. no scam!:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Flato wrote: »
    Known that for two weeks now..................

and you still arround? you must be boored man:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jita's usually so cramped the area won't even load 99% of the time
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mongibongi wrote:
    and you still arround? you must be boored man:)

I thought he'd be back to grinding on WoW by now. Damn. Guess he's not as dumb as I thought. Maybe he's 16 and not 15?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LordJerle wrote: »
    Yes, go to your WoW with the rest of the 15 year old kids. That way when the good stuff rolls out, we can point and laugh and go "LOOKIT THE WoW KIDDY! AHAHAHAHAHA!"

average age of the WoW player is 28. the responses here to the OP seem more childish than that to me.

to say something constructive here at least : first "raid" 5 man instance is coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Im a forum warrior now, trying to maximize my thread count:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mongibongi wrote:

Don't you worry, as the children have pointed out. More content is on the way.......but lets not let them in on the little secret that it will take less than a day to blow through this 45 day patch content.

But hey, just think of all their awesome excuses and replies then! I'll start a list:
    "Wait for another 45 day patch"

If they tell everyone to go to WoW, there won't be enough left to help fund the development of new 45 day content patches! Think of the children!

:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shingi wrote:
    check the front page.

hopefully all 5 of those will be released tommorow and not just 1 and then the rest milked out over the next few months. the game needs at LEAST those 5 and more coming every couple weeks from now.

anything else is just insulting to your player base and a slap in the face to everyone that had faith in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [Thinking back to other games I played at launch and how much "end game" there was then.

WoW? Next to none
    EQ? None
    SWG? None
    AoC? None

Honestly I can't think of any game that had "end game" content at release, or even as little as a month later.

Either get used to it or stop buying games at release and wait til they're out a month or three first.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Flato wrote: »
    Im a forum warrior now, trying to maximize my thread count:)

10 characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    hopefully all 5 of those will be released tommorow and not just 1 and then the rest milked out over the next few months. the game needs at LEAST those 5 and more coming every couple weeks from now.

anything else is just insulting to your player base and a slap in the face to everyone that had faith in the game.

Special Task Forces (STF) – Every two weeks beginning week of 2/25

* The Infected (Week of 2/25) - Investigate a federation station that Starfleet has lost contact with one of its starbases.
    * The Cure (Week of 3/11) - A planet has been completely taken over by the Borg. Fight them for control of the planet
    * Khitomer Accord (Week of 3/25) - Travel back in time and uncover and participate in the events that led to the release of old Borg you encountered in the Tutorial Episode
    * Into the Hive (Week of 4/8) - Track down a missing Starfleet captain and come face to face with the new Borg Queen
    * Children of the Khan (Week of 4/22) – An escaped Federation prisoner races toward the remains of Mutara Nebula. Can you stop him before he triggers an all-out war?

Klingon Expansion Module - Coming March 2010!

* Adds narrative quest content and features for the Klingon Faction experience
    * Klingon Fleet Actions - Form up with your closest friends and do battle in large engagements.
    * A New Klingon Ship - You asked for it, we made it: A Tier 2 Klingon Battle Cruiser.
    * Klingon Star Clusters - Seek out new life and civilizations ... and subjugate them! Additional PvE content for the Klingon faction

source: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73923
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vercer wrote:
    [Thinking back to other games I played at launch and how much "end game" there was then.

WoW? Next to none
    EQ? None
    SWG? None
    AoC? None

Honestly I can't think of any game that had "end game" content at release, or even as little as a month later.

Either get used to it or stop buying games at release and wait til they're out a month or three first.

It didn't take casuals less than 2 weeks in any of those games you mentioned to reach max level.

But you help highlight another point with that fact, STO has a long way to go to catch up. So how many years do you think it will take and will people hang on that long?

Maybe some of you should go get familiar with Cryptics other current MMO Champions Online. Go and be blown away by all of the added content :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am happy there is no end-game.

I hope this game never gets finished :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    zerosoul wrote: »
    Special Task Forces (STF) – Every two weeks beginning week of 2/25

* The Infected (Week of 2/25) - Investigate a federation station that Starfleet has lost contact with one of its starbases.
    * The Cure (Week of 3/11) - A planet has been completely taken over by the Borg. Fight them for control of the planet
    * Khitomer Accord (Week of 3/25) - Travel back in time and uncover and participate in the events that led to the release of old Borg you encountered in the Tutorial Episode
    * Into the Hive (Week of 4/8) - Track down a missing Starfleet captain and come face to face with the new Borg Queen
    * Children of the Khan (Week of 4/22) – An escaped Federation prisoner races toward the remains of Mutara Nebula. Can you stop him before he triggers an all-out war?

Klingon Expansion Module - Coming March 2010!

* Adds narrative quest content and features for the Klingon Faction experience
    * Klingon Fleet Actions - Form up with your closest friends and do battle in large engagements.
    * A New Klingon Ship - You asked for it, we made it: A Tier 2 Klingon Battle Cruiser.
    * Klingon Star Clusters - Seek out new life and civilizations ... and subjugate them! Additional PvE content for the Klingon faction

source: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73923

It would be nice if they posted this on there own web site
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not exactly inspiring considering how long these episodes actually last. Love the WoW kiddies replies, really show everyone how superior and mature you are.
    WoW? Next to none

WoW on Release had a rather large amount of end game content compared to STO, which has none, nada, noithing.

The new content, as in the 45 day patch, still does not add much in the way of content to the game. Those episodes, the raids had better be substantial or it will be a case of the straw that broke the camels back .
  • Options
    edited February 2010

true, here is a trailer for "the infected" as well, the first task force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fq9sDHiXDg&feature=player_embedded
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    true, here is a trailer for "the infected" as well, the first task force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fq9sDHiXDg&feature=player_embedded

cheers mate ty :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LegionLMN wrote: »
    Not exactly inspiring considering how long these episodes actually last. Love the WoW kiddies replies, really show everyone how superior and mature you are.

WoW on Release had a rather large amount of end game content compared to STO, which has none, nada, noithing.

The new content, as in the 45 day patch, still does not add much in the way of content to the game. Those episodes, the raids had better be substantial or it will be a case of the straw that broke the camels back .

there was an article already about it

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/107/1071349p1.html

"We are building it so that you do need some semblance of a balanced group. It is meant to be a challenging cooperative experience". Zinkievich estimates that, while the times will vary, most groups will take about an hour and a half to complete this first Special Task Force episode. "The first time, it took us a couple hours, because we just died a bunch". "
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vercer wrote:

WoW? Next to none
    EQ? None
    SWG? None
    AoC? None

you could learn from blizzard, they shipped the last 2 expansions full of endgame content out of the box! it's 2010.. people expect to play a game, not idle in it.. its not 2005 anymore, gettign excited hangin arround orgrimar and posing in your lvl greens!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    average age of the WoW player is 28. the responses here to the OP seem more childish than that to me.

to say something constructive here at least : first "raid" 5 man instance is coming tomorrow.

All the people I ever see buying WoW expansion packs at Wal Mart are little 15-16 year old kids with their mommies and daddies who go "Hurry up and grab the damn thing and quit huggin it. Sooner I get you out of my hair, the better." And my hour or so long foray into WoW resulted in me becoming disgusted with the stupidity of every person I talked to on there and the sudden realization that the hard drive space is better served with TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol, I have to say this.
    It is a known issue, cryptic is working on it and they will get back to you on thier progress.
    We would like to thank you for your input and value your opinions.

:p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LordJerle wrote: »
    All the people I ever see buying WoW expansion packs at Wal Mart are little 15-16 year old kids with their mommies and daddies who go "Hurry up and grab the damn thing and quit huggin it. Sooner I get you out of my hair, the better." And my hour or so long foray into WoW resulted in me becoming disgusted with the stupidity of every person I talked to on there and the sudden realization that the hard drive space is better served with TRIBBLE.

well, still doesnt change the fact that the average age is 28 ^^

but of course... a game that has a subscriber base of more than 11 million players will always have a wider range of people you meet.... more a$$holes, more nice people in relation to the total number of players.
    its more a profile of society than any other mmo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yeah, not gonna hold my breath on this one. I seriously doubt that time table is gonna hold up. And are you serious? We are gonna have to pay for a new expansion 1 month in just to give Klingons some content? This better be a joke.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ur stufs

can i have them

Aren't you from Aion? I