test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One good thing that may come out of STO

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Other devs may get a shiver down their spine after watching the mass exodus from STO and realise that even on probably the largest IP out there, gamers will not stand for rushed out garbage.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Lessons of the NGE seem to have already been forgotten...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What mass exodus? The only Exodus I see is in the Bible.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And what mass exodus would this be?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mirai wrote: »
    And what mass exodus would this be?

Sorry my mistake, everyone is staying
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah, all your posts on the forums have been negative as far as I can see. Fair enough, as not everyone likes the game, but is it really necessary to constantly bash the game?

If you're leaving, why do you keep posting on the forums? Is it to convince others to leave as well?

I like the game, but totally agree with the consensus that it's a little repetitive at the moment. Perhaps if people didn't treat it like World of Warcraft and try and hit max level as fast as possible, then there wouldn't be this mass boredom that so many people are complaining of.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the mass exodus that is making the servers run very smooth...theres not near as much load on them as the players who went RA5 on 2 different chars have nothing to do except yawn....much like they were yawning most of the way through "beating the game".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SebbyC wrote:
    All your posts on the forums have been negative as far as I can see. Fair enough, as not everyone likes the game, but is it really necessary to constantly bash the game?

If you're leaving, why do you keep posting on the forums? Is it to convince others to leave as well?

I like the game, but totally agree with the consensus that it's a little repetitive at the moment. Perhaps if people didn't treat it like World of Warcraft and try and hit max level as fast as possible, then there wouldn't be this mass boredom that so many people are complaining of.

The mass boredom is caused by doing the same boring mission 1000 times on the lifeless 20 x 20 plantes, it's nothing to do with rushing to RA
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:

No people are leaving,just like in any mmo but I must have missed the vote to appoint you the STO player base spokesperson.

I suppose I could just start a thread and say "other devs wont make another mmo as people are staying on Star Trek on-line"....see what I did there :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:
    The mass boredom is caused by doing the same boring mission 1000 times on the lifeless 20 x 20 plantes, it's nothing to do with rushing to RA

so.. how many people make up a mass exodus?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:

Now you're jumping from one absurd extreme to another.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:

bye? tenchar
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:

Oh so either everyone stays or everyone leaves in your world?

If your intellect is so low as to not even entertain the possibility that some people enjoy the game while others don't, then please stop posting. At least find some statistics before you start claiming a "mass exodus".

Man, so many sad people we share this planet with. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellif wrote:
    so.. how many people make up a mass exodus?

100k vanishing over two weeks id say.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:

It reminds me a bit of Lord of the Rings Online....where the Epic story quests are brilliant, but the rest not so much. Although yes, at least the other quests are not all 'kill 5 bears' over and over.

The storyline missions in STO are good, but there are too many filler missions that make it less interesting.

Still, I maintain that if you don't do 100 missions a day, then it's hardly a big issue. (I'm not defending the recycled content by the way).

I guess I am expectant of vast improvements in the missions going forward, and I honestly hope that the guys behind this game realise what people's concerns are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:

and how do people know 100k are vanishing? only people who would are cryptic
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:

Which is about standard for every single MMO ever released as soon as the 30 free days have expired.

God knows you trolls will still be here on the forums after you've "vanished", so I'd hardly call it an exodus anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellif wrote:
    and how do people know 100k are vanishing? only people who would are cryptic

Who said I was talking about STO. Its well known SWG lost 200k people over the whole NGE incident.

Having said that STO is clearly bleeding players at the moment, although the instancing of the game is going to make it hard to tell just how many are going.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:
    Who said I was talking about STO. Its well known SWG lost 200k people over the whole NGE incident.

Having said that STO is clearly bleeding players at the moment.

Clearly? By what measure? Statistics and sources please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    Clearly? By what measure? Statistics and sources please.

Look at the forums. Only a fool would thing this game is not losing players.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:

Even so, add up the number of unique usernames on the forums that are complaining heavily. What are there, 100? If that...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, so you have absolutely no evidence of your TRIBBLE claims. Just admit that and move on. And in the future, stop spreading lies about something you couldn't possibly have any idea about. It'll help you become a better human being.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SebbyC wrote:
    Even so, add up the number of unique usernames on the forums that are complaining heavily. What are there, 100? If that...

I can say the same for the ones who are repeatedly defending the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:

I'm not denying players are leaving, and more will leave once the 30 days is up and they have to pay a subscription. I'm just curious how people determine it's a mass exodus of (to use your example) over 100k players.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:

For the sake of your own future credibility you may wish to re-evaluate that statement.

Firstly, the ratio of actual quitters here on the forums to those staying is not anything special or significant.

Secondly, in an MMO its official forums usually represent only a tiny fraction of the entire player base.

Next time choose better 'works cited' :p though admittedly its hard to ever get a feel for an MMOs membership levels without real cold hard statistics.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I hit RA 5 the other day and I can tell you this there is nothing to do any more I did every mission in the game that was not bugged and I could finsh what is Cryptic going to do to keep us here is what I would like to know? I didnt rush up to RA5 played maybe 4 hours a day and had a few weekends I didnt even play at all. One thing I do want to say is WTF is with the cap RA 5 way didnt they make the cap RA10 I mean their is no point in given us so many RA skills when you cant even put but 10 or so full skill points up and I not say their should not be a skill cap but the cap should be at RA 10 where you can get a few of the RA skills up and LOL I know I got off the point here sorry just had to get that out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baltec wrote:
    I can say the same for the ones who are repeatedly defending the game.

100% agree, however why should people who like the game have to log in to the forums just to defend it?

Have a look at any other MMO forum. You'd think all those games were in a sorry state too.

The negative posts always heavily outweigh the positive ones. People like to complain it seems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellif wrote:
    I'm not denying players are leaving, and more will leave once the 30 days is up and they have to pay a subscription. I'm just curious how people determine it's a mass exodus of (to use your example) over 100k players.

They are probibly just looking at all of the complaints and assuming. I dont think this game has lost 100k yet although it probably will like some of the other new MMOs have done. Time will tell if this game becomes another SWG or even a Tiblu Risa or if it will chug along like LOTRO (sp?).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tanagrah wrote:
    Because you have real data regarding STO's subscriber-base. Amirite?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mirai wrote: »
    Now you're jumping from one absurd extreme to another.

It's not my fault you are a computer, I am used to talking to people with comon sense that don't have conversations where they take every comment literally. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I hit RA 5 the other day and I can tell you this there is nothing to do any more I did every mission in the game that was not bugged and I could finsh what is Cryptic going to do to keep us here is what I would like to know? I didnt rush up to RA5 played maybe 4 hours a day and had a few weekends I didnt even play at all. One thing I do want to say is WTF is with the cap RA 5 way didnt they make the cap RA10 I mean their is no point in given us so many RA skills when you cant even put but 10 or so full skill points up and I not say their should not be a skill cap but the cap should be at RA 10 where you can get a few of the RA skills up and LOL I know I got off the point here sorry just had to get that out there.

Maybe it's a good idea to use these little guys every now and then: , and . It makes your posts more easy to read.