test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hey Cryptic!... Remember the 2nd Faction?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PvP Gameplay
... Or did you forget the Klingon faction exists? Someone lose the memo? You guys even realize this subforum exists?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Warmaker01 wrote: »
    ... Or did you forget the Klingon faction exists? Someone lose the memo? You guys even realize this subforum exists?

Did your parents not teach you, that rude tone wont help you a bit ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not like being nice with Cryptic helps either, but yeah, in before the lock!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just so you know, it takes time to develop content. Considering that Klingon's were late additions to the game, it stands to reason that most of the content for them would be in the early stages.

More content will come, you just have to be patient. If there is not enough content for you now, then I suggest you cancel your subscription and check back with the game from time to time to see if they have added enough content to keep you entertained. If not, then simply don't resubscribe, though we would hate to see one less player around enjoying themselves!

All things come with time, so let the time pass and see what happens :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dalnar wrote:
    Did your parents not teach you, that rude tone wont help you a bit ?

And being polite and presenting good information as to what's been going wrong has helped this faction?

Take a DAMN good look at all the patch notes that's happened so far, "pal" and realize not a single thing has happened for this faction. None. NONE. And the way things look with this new patch tonight, that trend continues.

Edit to add: A "fix" for the Klingons from the previous patch affected graphics for Klingon away teams. A game feature we can't even USE, no map / mission / zone out there allows us to even utilize our away teams. Are those people that lost?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didnt say you were wrong. I said your tone was wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, so far klingons have gotten
    1) Access to borg farm nebula
    2) Daily quests

Now in my book, that's close to nothing, but it's not nothing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure that if you didn't play open beta, then you could have easily read many of the warnings the KDF players who did partake in open beta put out there- that the Klingon side is incomplete. And I'm not sure how you missed the memo, but its very apparent to me that Cryptic isn't going to do anything about it until the first major 45 day mark patch. So, not sure why you're suddenly breaking down now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hundredth wrote: »
    Actually, so far klingons have gotten
    1) Access to borg farm nebula
    2) Daily quests

Now in my book, that's close to nothing, but it's not nothing.

Well thats a bout the same wich FED can do in T5
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Considering the Federation and Klingons are at war it was incredibly stupid to not have the Klingons storylines, ships etc fully implemented for release.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dalnar wrote:

You got the borg hub as well. And you've got a crafting system.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hundredth wrote: »
    You got the borg hub as well. And you've got a crafting system.

Borg hub ? you mean borg defence missions ? crafting ? you mean bloody anoying anomaly changing, for eq you mostly dont need ? aka no phasers etc
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dalnar wrote:

Only that's all we got ALL 45 levels... woooooooowhooooooo! :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There is a second faction? I only see Federation on the character creating screen!

Side note: The fact you HAVE to play feds to 6 (or 4 with mission) speaks alot of how the Klingons will be treated later on :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The term "too little, too late" comes to mind.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Oh, this is helpful.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I await the day when klingons get content, but Like a lot of other players currently out there, were not waiting long.

The truth is , we need content, now.

Too many max level players out there with nothing to do.

I enjoy PVP like any other klingon, but that is not what I wish to do all the time.

And yes, I have a fed admiral, bored to death with him,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lunatec wrote: »
    Oh, this is helpful.

And wishful thinking and blind faith is? As well as all the feedback the Pre-Open Beta players gave about the faction was useful? Like the people making excuses for Cryptic is helpful also, right?

"Oh no, no, no, they're working hard on fixing us!"

Complete and utter BS. They're not doing jack to fix us.

Edit to add: Cryptic don't even read this subforum, so that's why this thread is still around. They don't know the extent of KDF issues: the recent Klingon Away Team UI fix is evidence of that. They don't even realize we can't even use an Away Team.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Edit to add: A "fix" for the Klingons from the previous patch affected graphics for Klingon away teams. A game feature we can't even USE, no map / mission / zone out there allows us to even utilize our away teams.

maybe it means we have some ground content coming. Thing about, the base code for KDf ground content is already in the game right now(because its the same as Feds), there just isnt any content released. The fact they saw the bug likly means they've seen it while testing the KDF ground content curently under construction as we speak.

Yes the KDF content is slow coming, yes the devs are lack luste ron informing us...but that bug fix likly impies they are working on the very thng you are griping about...not as a proof of their lack.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thrishmal wrote: »
    Just so you know, it takes time to develop content. Considering that Klingon's were late additions to the game, it stands to reason that most of the content for them would be in the early stages.

More content will come, you just have to be patient. If there is not enough content for you now, then I suggest you cancel your subscription and check back with the game from time to time to see if they have added enough content to keep you entertained. If not, then simply don't resubscribe, though we would hate to see one less player around enjoying themselves!

All things come with time, so let the time pass and see what happens :)
    What do you mean "late additions to the game"? They have been intended since day one. That they aren't fully fleshed out is absolutely due to very poor planning and management of Cryptic resources. That said, they have had ample time to come up with some content . Months in fact. They haven't and basically have only been able to come up with vague promises.

The time is now. The faction is dying a very quick death and if something isn't done within a couple of weeks it's going to be essentially dead. Simple as that. Anyone actually playing the faction, which no devs apparently are (heck I don't even think they play their own game, Fed or Klingon) by the way, can see that as plain as day.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Hagon wrote: »
    What do you mean "late additions to the game"? They have been intended since day one. That they aren't fully fleshed out is absolutely due to very poor planning and management of Cryptic resources. That said, they have had ample time to come up with some content . Months in fact. They haven't and basically have only been able to come up with vague promises.

The time is now. The faction is dying a very quick death and if something isn't done within a couple of weeks it's going to be essentially dead. Simple as that. Anyone actually playing the faction, which no devs apparently are (heck I don't even think they play their own game, Fed or Klingon) by the way, can see that as plain as day.

QFT...

We demand content nao...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sevensided wrote: »
    I'm sure that if you didn't play open beta, then you could have easily read many of the warnings the KDF players who did partake in open beta put out there- that the Klingon side is incomplete. And I'm not sure how you missed the memo, but its very apparent to me that Cryptic isn't going to do anything about it until the first major 45 day mark patch. So, not sure why you're suddenly breaking down now.

I'm a bit curious just how close to 45 days this patch will be. If it's much more than that, I fear people are going to revolt. Not many people are playing their klingons anymore except to do the daily mission. Those who haven't left the game altogether are impatiently awaiting this content. I don't want to see this game fail. But its beginning to reach critical mass point here soon, and I hope Cryptic has something headed our way very soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They can only do so much. I, for one, would have been much unhappier if they did any less Fed-side so they could spruce up Kling-side. As it is, Federation content needs more stuff, too.

It's a matter of priorities; Federation content has to be priority 1. That's just the breaks. Thinking they will utterly ignore Klingons and 'hate' Klingons or something is absurd and childish.

They'll get to it when they get to it. If that makes you ragequit, well, tough.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cocoa-jin wrote: »
    Yes the KDF content is slow coming, yes the devs are lack luster on informing us...but that bug fix likly implies they are working on the very thng you are griping about...not as a proof of their lack.

That's a surprisingly optimistic take on the situation, and would make sense if it was true. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's also been all of two weeks. Proclaiming doom and gloom at this point seems jumping the gun a bit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zahinder wrote:
    It's also been all of two weeks. Proclaiming doom and gloom at this point seems jumping the gun a bit.

Actually, I treat MMOs like non MMOs in terms of games. I expect when I plop down the 50-70 dollars for the game for it to be a good product. That is reasonable. If its not good, I leave it -which I will probably do for STO as I've already experienced all it has to offer currently. I'm not going to keep paying the sub unless the game is worth paying the sub. If they add stuff, then bully, I'll keep playing. As it stands, it is moderately enjoyable, but not enduring.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So you've liked it so far and consumed the content. Do you feel it was worth $50?

And they have not yet failed, because you aren't 'done' quite yet.

So, again, you are complaining based on what you think they will fail to do next. Doesn't that sound premature?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zahinder wrote:
    So you've liked it so far and consumed the content. Do you feel it was worth $50?

And they have not yet failed, because you aren't 'done' quite yet.

So, again, you are complaining based on what you think they will fail to do next. Doesn't that sound premature?

Not complaining. Was merely stating that the game has amused me for the time so far (maybe not quite enough for the 70 some odd dollars I plunked down on it- should have gone with Mass Effect 2 instead), and will refuse to pay the sub unless or until Cryptic makes the game sub worthy (imo).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And wishful thinking and blind faith is? As well as all the feedback the Pre-Open Beta players gave about the faction was useful? Like the people making excuses for Cryptic is helpful also, right?

"Oh no, no, no, they're working hard on fixing us!"

Complete and utter BS. They're not doing jack to fix us.

Edit to add: Cryptic don't even read this subforum, so that's why this thread is still around. They don't know the extent of KDF issues: the recent Klingon Away Team UI fix is evidence of that. They don't even realize we can't even use an Away Team.

Calm down and take a few breaths, please.

Cryptic IS working on the faction, but all of this stuff can't just be rolled out overnight.

"But they have had since closed Beta!!!"

They have, and they have been doing bug fixes and stability fixes to get this game running smoothly. Content is still going, but you don't throw a bunch of content on an already unstable mess, you will end up breaking it.

We are going to get more content, it is just going to be here a bit further out than, well, now.

As for the Devs not reading this forum or playing Klingon, I assure you they do both. The devs are as interested in seeing this faction and the PvP fleshed out as anyone else. They didn't hold meetings in each of the dev mother's basements and formulate plans on how they can TRIBBLE over those pesky Klingons and their PvP! They didn't even formulate plans against you, believe it or not...

Try and chill and go with the flow a bit more. Life is far more enjoyable when you don't go about it with a huge chip on your shoulder.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ... Or did you dumb*sses forget the Klingon faction exists? Someone lose the memo? You guys even realize this subforum exists?

Where to start.

Fails on humour and general rules of words in the English language.

Starting a Thread Flaming Etc.. Etc..

If I was CP, I would think this peeps had a disability and just PM him a :) lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zahinder wrote:
    They can only do so much. I, for one, would have been much unhappier if they did any less Fed-side so they could spruce up Kling-side. As it is, Federation content needs more stuff, too.

It's a matter of priorities; Federation content has to be priority 1. That's just the breaks. Thinking they will utterly ignore Klingons and 'hate' Klingons or something is absurd and childish.

They'll get to it when they get to it. If that makes you ragequit, well, tough.

Did you not get the memo? They utterly forgot the Klingon faction!