test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that the reviews are coming in....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Were hearing nothing many of us havnt been saying for a long time,and if the people say it
and the reviews say it, well then quite frankly it is true.

I hope this is going to be a wake up call for cryptic.
I want this game to succeed and i like much of it but
sooooo many issues.

So fingers crossed they take it seriously.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As I've stated before, reviews are just opinions, and a reviewer's opinion isn't worth more than mine simply because someone pays him to give his. I like more things about the game than I don't, and most of the things I have problems with have been acknowledged by the devs as things they are going to work on.

I'm sure the devs take reviews seriously, but I haven't seen a review yet that didn't complain about things the devs have already promised to fix.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There's no wake up call for Cryptic to heed ... they produced exactly the same kind of game they've been producing for their entire existence ... pretty, but simplistic and repetitive.

Besides, they've already made all their money back with the client sales, and next month's subscriptions. Everything from here forward that doesn't go to server upkeep and the maintenance team is just gravy.

So what would you have them wake up to?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    has anybody seen the Gamespot.com review...ouch! Much deserved though...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Que the fanbois
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kassidus wrote: »
    Que the fanbois

Que me no longer taking you seriously. Anyone who spells "boy" with an "i" deserves to be ignored. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Que the fanbois

Drop this fanboy TRIBBLE and you might get some serious replies?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RedSunBird wrote: »
    Que me no longer taking you seriously. Anyone who spells "boy" with an "i" deserves to be ignored. :)

Ah yes americans and there never ending strive for perfect spelling, if only they put as much effort into quelling obeisity, violence and poverty, schooling etc , maybee the world wouldnt hate them so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

that is a good point calling people fanbois is against the rules.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

I dont care about replys i made my point, im just waiting for my dinner to be done then i can go play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah yes americans and there never ending strive for perfect spelling, if only they put as much effort into quelling obeisity, violence and poverty, schooling etc , maybee the world wouldnt hate them so much.

Oh so a post about review of game turns into bashing Americans? this is the worst day to troll trust me.

/reported
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dont care about replys i made my point, im just waiting for my dinner to be done then i can go play.

I'm out of here before Q comes. Helm Fire up the deflector, and prepare to go to trans warp.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Spelled maybe wrong
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ah yes, here are the straw men. Can't get people to agree with you? Argue about something completely unrelated.

I'm with you, Zodi. I'm outta here before our new overlord comes. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Oh so a post about review of game turns into bashing Americans? this is the worst day to troll trust me.

/reported

rawr someone has there grumpy pants on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rawr someone has there grumpy pants on.

When i see a troll i am obliged to hit report button. its simple really.

However i did report you with an evil loud laugh, so i am certainly not grumpy!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah yes, here are the straw men. Can't get people to agree with you? Argue about something completely unrelated.

I'm with you, Zodi. I'm outta here before our new overlord comes. :D

And yes that is exactly what you did, your responce was complaining about my spelling, good job irony troll
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

Well i see you as trolling, so i reported you aswell, see now were all having fun.
    Anyways dinner is ready and my OP stands.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

/reported

Wow nice one.......so despite you yourself having trolled in other threads......you now take it upon yourself to report people?

WOW darn maybe I should panic about quoting you in a post eeeps maybe you might report me for replying to your posts???? :eek:

You really need to lighten up and let people have their say. What you do by responding to trolls is actually a form of trolling itself....so technically I could /report you for it too but meh it aint my job that is the job of the mighty Q

but just to keep this post out of the trolling sector i shall say simply that there are good reviews (the ones with links to buy the game at the bottom of the page) and there are bad reviews. I have to say as a MMO player I can totally see the flaws in this game and it's unfinished nature HOWEVER I hope that Cryptic will start to comment on the MAJOR threads that point out the more serious flaws in this game.

Something would be better than nothing
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Problem with MMO reviews is... well, they are MMO reviews.
    To be taken as seriously as a Perez Hilton rant, and that's just from the gamers perspective.

Cryptic only needs to listen to one group of people, us, the players.
    Not a “journalist” who only ran through the tutorial, largely basing his opinions on hype.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    Wow nice one.......so despite you yourself having trolled in other threads......you now take it upon yourself to report people?

WOW darn maybe I should panic about quoting you in a post eeeps maybe you might report me for replying to your posts???? :eek:

You really need to lighten up and let people have their say. What you do by responding to trolls is actually a form of trolling itself....so technically I could /report you for it too but meh it aint my job that is the job of the mighty Q

but just to keep this post out of the trolling sector i shall say simply that there are good reviews (the ones with links to buy the game at the bottom of the page) and there are bad reviews. I have to say as a MMO player I can totally see the flaws in this game and it's unfinished nature HOWEVER I hope that Cryptic will start to comment on the MAJOR threads that point out the more serious flaws in this game.

Considering you already got infraction stop lecturing me. I am not going to tolerate any nonsense where a person generalise Americans in a stereotype way and insult them.

So no i won't let him have his say where he insults my people.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Optiv wrote:
    Problem with MMO reviews is... well, they are MMO reviews.
    To be taken as seriously as a Perez Hilton rant, and that's just from the gamers perspective.

Cryptic only needs to listen to one group of people, us, the players.
    Not a “journalist” who only ran through the tutorial, largely basing his opinions on hype.

* message over subspace, because it is safe where I am*
    it seems like most of the publishers get the DOOMERS to make reviews.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As I've stated before, reviews are just opinions, and a reviewer's opinion isn't worth more than mine simply because someone pays him to give his.

Actually, the fact that they are paid to give their opinion does indeed by definition make it worth more. :D

In all seriousness... I think that reviews are to be taking with a grain of salt, but if they are all saying the same thing (as they do in the case of STO) they should seriously consider what they have to say, and publicly address the issues mentioned.

I'm sure the devs take reviews seriously, but I haven't seen a review yet that didn't complain about things the devs have already promised to fix.

Well that is good news... although personally I have not seen any real response to the gazzillions of 'why no Death Penalty' treads... and G4, Gamespot and others have all mentioned the laughable lack of a Death Penalty.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:

Are you serious? Why SHOULDN'T he be reported? He throws around the "fanboy"argument that some detractors of the game seem to think is the end all point, he insults a nation for no better reason than he can't come with anything valid, and is in general (not just in this thread, but many many others) is a very rude individual.

I've taken great pleasure in reporting his posts when they break the forum rules. Just my little way of making the forums a better place.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Were hearing nothing many of us havnt been saying for a long time,and if the people say it
    and the reviews say it, well then quite frankly it is true.

I want this game to succeed and i like much of it but
    sooooo many issues.

So fingers crossed they take it seriously.

I hope cryptic gets on teh ball too. THey released an unfinished MMO. A common sin, but one that becomes unforgiveable unless it is HEAVILY corrected while their revenue stream starts coming in...

The following quotes struck me as having the power of undeniable truth after maxing out one toon and now working on another...

"...success is so inevitable that victory often rings hollow."

This quote from the review is DEAD on, death penalty pun intended.

Also...this..."For now, Star Trek Online is a shell, lacking the substance and the style that the franchise so rightfully deserves."

These quotes are VERY hard to argue with...and I WANT this game to succeed and flourish. I am also an AVID WoW hater...lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Considering you already got infraction stop lecturing me. I am not going to tolerate any nonsense where a person generalise Americans in a stereotype way and insult them.

So no i won't let him have his say where he insults my people.

LOL!!!! I have no need to comment about that AT ALL for if you actually knew the whole story you might actually come off as informed, however as we know talking about these things are rule breaking I have no desire to continue this line of conversation with you BUT please continue if you wish

As for the 'My People' lol I feel that you might actually upset a lot of americans with that.

Stop trolling and get back on topic.

Thanks

kissey kissey love and hugs
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Brucebleo wrote:
    LOL!!!! I have no need to comment about that AT ALL for if you actually knew the whole story you might actually come off as informed, however as we know talking about these things are rule breaking I have no desire to continue this line of conversation with you BUT please continue if you wish

As for the 'My People' lol I feel that you might actually upset a lot of americans with that.

Stop trolling and get back on topic.

Thanks

kissey kissey love and hugs
    :rolleyes:

Yes i insulted fellow Americans by saying that all Americans are my people. And your support for people like OP say a lot about you. Time to toss you in ignore bag.

I have never insulted anyone on basis of what country they belong to and i expect same respect.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

Wait, there's a report button.. where?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gazzalodi wrote: »

see the little triangle under the time with the ! mark in it. that is report.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gazzalodi wrote: »

Heh, it's the triangle with an exclamation mark button below the area with the posters name.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Yes i insulted fellow Americans by saying that all Americans are my people. And your support for people like OP say a lot about you. Time to toss you in ignore bag.

I have never insulted anyone on basis of what country they belong to and i expect same respect.

*looks around and listens out for a whine*

WOW He really did ignore me!!!

YAY now I can get on with this forum malarky without having to have him interrupt my constructive comments on how cryptic really needs to fix certain parts of this game before I would consent to paying a fee for an expansion. Like when they have added the content it was so badly lacking at launch.