Install Arc
Options

WoW 3 months, STO 2 weeks

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    Stop saying that because you're clearly wrong or lying. It takes twice that time, even for the fastest leveler. Hell, I've put in about 30 hours so far and I'm only Lt Cmdr 3.

And to the OP, if it took you 3 months to reach level 60 in WoW, you did not rush, and in fact you are retardedly slow. An experienced WoW player like myself and even my wife can reach 80 in about 10 real time days by playing efficiently.

It blows my mind how many people expect there to be an endgame at release. Now you've learned so that wen you play your next MMO at releast, you shouldn't rush because no game has anything to do at the end when it's only just come out.

How long have you been playing do you not know how many skill points you get at secure sector block missions and how you can change instance to bypass the timer to accomplish the mission.

Let me put it like this to you:

1 mission takes around 30 to 50 min depending on how you rush through it.
    1 defend a sector block mission you can complete in 15 min therefore cuts the time in half to level.
    Also leveling becomes much faster once you get to commander.

This is how you can level in under 40 hours of play time if you mix both together then you can do it in 60 hrs and have like 4 to 5 mission left over when you max.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Annex wrote: »
    In WoW I rushed, and it still took me about 3 months to get to 60

Wow.

It took me 3 weeks to get the first 60, the second took me two weeks.

Heck 60-70 took me 3 days

70-80 4 days.

With me working and always being grouped with my wife each time.

May I borrow your rose colored glasses? I'd REALLY like to use them to look back at my first marriage; perhaps then I wouldn't hate the woman so much.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torue wrote:
    No rush for me

Maybe you forgot your last post already, but you were telling someone that they "didnt know how to level fast". So again, my question is if you KNOW there is a lack of endgame content right now, why are you TRYING to level fast?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OP likes to spend time grinding boars, or scorpions or whatever TRIBBLE quests are in WoW. I prefer playing storyline missions (yes, some exploration and some patrol boring ones too) and not loose time. Grinding boars make more $$$, at least Cryptic doesen't resort to that technique to make players stay in-game for months doing ridiculous quests.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Maybe you forgot your last post already, but you were telling someone that they "didnt know how to level fast". So again, my question is if you KNOW there is a lack of endgame content right now, why are you TRYING to level fast?

My vote: To have something to whine about.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can go from 1-80 in WoW in a few days. When WoW first launched, one guy was 60 3-4 days or so. When Call of Duty 4 was released there were level 55s within a week or 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pandajuice wrote: »
    Stop saying that because you're clearly wrong or lying. It takes twice that time, even for the fastest leveler. Hell, I've put in about 30 hours so far and I'm only Lt Cmdr 3.

And to the OP, if it took you 3 months to reach level 60 in WoW, you did not rush, and in fact you are retardedly slow. An experienced WoW player like myself and even my wife can reach 80 in about 10 real time days by playing efficiently.

It blows my mind how many people expect there to be an endgame at release. Now you've learned so that wen you play your next MMO at releast, you shouldn't rush because no game has anything to do at the end when it's only just come out.

Lt. Cmdr 3 after 30 hours??? WOW. I made Lt Cmdr 3 after like 9 hours. Headstart started on Friday and by Sunday you had literally like 100 RA5 players in the game. That feat would be impossible if the game was as long as you're suggesting, even if it was played nonstop with multiple people.

Vanilla WoW took around 2-3 months of casual play for leveling to 60. Since then they've implement +20% less XP requirements for lvling and +20% quest XP bonuses, so NOW it does in fact take a lot less time for 1-60, however 60-80 is about the same as 1-60.

Is it too much to ask for more than 1 mission in endgame?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been playing for about two weeks as well (2-3 hours a weekday and considerably more on weekends) and I'm about a level and a half from Commander. RA5 in two weeks is amazing. How much are you playing in a day?

I've been playing steady, but not at a power-game level, since the early start and I have three Lt. Cmdrs and loving going slow and experiencing everything that the game has to offer and the three roles I can play.

The problem is that people aren't all the same. Some people think it's fun to jump into a ship and blow stuff up over and over until they make it to the top. It's the TOP DOG mentality that they enjoy, not what I like such as messing with ground combat tools, ship weapons and matching uniforms to create what I think is a balanced challenge while looking good doing it. hahaha
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kaashar wrote: »

May I borrow your rose colored glasses? I'd REALLY like to use them to look back at my first marriage; perhaps then I wouldn't hate the woman so much.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Brilliant.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's only like 35 hours to RA5.

Perhaps if you're WORKING hard at trying to level and nothing else. Me? I'm PLAYING the game and it took me 25 hours to reach lt.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torue wrote:
    No rush for me I played 4 hours a day and maxed in 2 weeks the way I explained above. So did I rush through the game? I dont think I did. Anyway there is stuff to do at endgame and I like helping people out too. So me being capped I can help out other people and find rare items for myself and make money for my fleet so I believe there is alot to do at endgame. Also I plan on leveling up alts too so I still have alot to do.

As I stated before in this post on the Third page.

I have replied to your question just not directly and I dont need some dev inputting child like story mission for me to enjoy endgame. I create my own content for endgame lol. MMO's are all about playing with friends to me. I dont role play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torue wrote:
    It is possible you just dont know how to level fast. If you waste time with patrols and exploration missions then yes it will take you double the time. But if you repeat secure sector block mission inbetween episodic content the yes it will take you 2 weeks with 2 to 4 hours a day play time. Also in secure sector block missions you change instances so you dont have to wait for the 5 min timer. One more thing is, It is possible to cap in just 3 to 4 days with 6 to 8 hours of play a day with just doing sector block missions. Maybe quicker I am about to test that out when i make a alt.

So in other words, you bypass content offered and only repeat the same Secure Sector block missions because it allows you to level faster.

Then, when you reach the level cap faster, you can only do the same 3 missions offered.

Well, doesn't that fit your play-style? What is the complaint again?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tautalos wrote:
    plainly said...please go back to wow or stop making idiotic posts.

I've been in the first hour of wow...sufice it to say there was top level character in less..yes LESS, than two weeks...so stfu.
    Actually people could powerlevel the game quite fast in the beggining of wow...your knowledge of MMOs seems to be lacking a lot.

all this QQ about game is too short is getting really annoying.

edit: spelling mistakes as English is not my native toungue.

Ya know what if you dont like what the OP is saying then gtfo of thread and dont read it, and YOU stfu.
    Ive made RA5 and play probly 6 hours a day (as ALOT of ppl I know do) and have to agree there needs to be more content. I dont consider myself a hardcore gamer as I have a fulltime job and find time for the family on little breaks I take while playing. Although they are just as bad as I am with PC games, so NP there :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Krussian wrote:
    Perhaps if you're WORKING hard at trying to level and nothing else. Me? I'm PLAYING the game and it took me 25 hours to reach lt.com.

I made Lt Cmdr. by day 2 so about 8-10 hours... No PvP just missions and learning the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can go from 1-80 in WoW in a few days. When WoW first launched, one guy was 60 3-4 days or so. When Call of Duty 4 was released there were level 55s within a week or 2.

There are always people who blow through games like that. Thats not the point.

MOST people who have been playing since the launch of STO are at the very least about half way through the game by now. There is a huge contingent of people further along than that. Ive barely been playing (for me) and Im nearly Captain.

And that means by the end of the month Im sure to reach Admiral. By the end of NEXT month EVERYONE who started at launch should probably have an admiral toon. Heck by then I'll probably have two admirals.

And THEN what? And thats the point. The game is way too short. Most mmorpgs have around 200 hours of game play until end game. This has about 60-80. Way too short.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gizzur wrote: »
    So in other words, you bypass content offered and only repeat the same Secure Sector block missions because it allows you to level faster.

Then, when you reach the level cap faster, you can only do the same 3 missions offered.

Well, doesn't that fit your play-style? What is the complaint again?

I didnt said I had a complaint lol. I really I love the game the way it is. I was simple stating it is possible to reach max level this way in a short amount of time. Another member stated it was impossible and I was trying to explain to him how it was possible.

I leveled this way. I completed all my episodic content mission at the leve I was at the moved to sector block. I followed this format till endgame. I didnt really timed myself but I would guess it took me around 60 hours. In a span of 19 days playing around inbetween 2 to 4 hours a day on average sometimes I played for 6 straight but that was rare.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been playing for about two weeks as well (2-3 hours a weekday and considerably more on weekends) and I'm about a level and a half from Commander. RA5 in two weeks is amazing. How much are you playing in a day?

If you belive what he claims well then I'm....

1) A One legged pig who has the body of a goat.
    2) A fire breathing dragon who gets all the women
    3) Cryptonic house with one leg and five billion $$$$ in side.

HOW I CAME UP WITH THIS

I played the Game 15 hours in a row plus 6 or more hours spead through out the day before. I managed to make it to LCDR and with more ranks to go I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torue wrote:
    It is possible you just dont know how to level fast. If you waste time with patrols and exploration missions then yes it will take you double the time. But if you repeat secure sector block mission inbetween episodic content the yes it will take you 2 weeks with 2 to 4 hours a day play time. Also in secure sector block missions you change instances so you dont have to wait for the 5 min timer. One more thing is, It is possible to cap in just 3 to 4 days with 6 to 8 hours of play a day with just doing sector block missions. Maybe quicker I am about to test that out when i make a alt.

So in another words, rush through so the player can complain about no content. Whatever floats their boat.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkana wrote:
    I got to 80 on my first character in WoW just last summer. Want to know how long I was subscribed? 2 months. Took all of 3 weeks to get to 80, the rest of the time was gearing up for endgame and collecting mounts. Leveling in Wow is just as fast as in STO, if you know what you are doing.

Now yes. When WoW came out there was no 80 and it sure didnt take 3 weeks to get to max level. But in those 3 weeks how much content did you skip? Did you do all the quests for your side? In STO in 2 weeks I did EVERY quest. Anyone can rush through content and skip a whole lot. My point is in STO I tried not to rush through. I did every sector, every mission, every nebula etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Qoojo wrote:
    So in another words, rush through so the player can complain about no content. Whatever floats their boat.

I still think this game doesnt even require trying to rush though it to actually.......rush through it.

If I played WoW as little as I have played STO, I'd be level 25 or so. Not about to hit Captain.

And if I play at all in the next two or three days I'll be hitting Admiral. Im barely playing STO because I dont want it to be over.

I buy games to play them. But if I do that with STO I'll be sitting there blinking and wondering how the heck I hit Admiral so fast.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I still think this game doesnt even require trying to rush though it to actually.......rush through it.

If I played WoW as little as I have played STO, I'd be level 25 or so. Not about to hit Captain.

And if I play at all in the next two or three days I'll be hitting Admiral. Im barely playing STO because I dont want it to be over.

I buy games to play them. But if I do that with STO I'll be sitting there blinking and wondering how the heck I hit Admiral so fast.

Yep, thats my point. You rush through the game without even trying to rush through because you level so fast and there is little content.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The point that the OP is obviously a tad too dense to see is that there are people who play STO to play the game and then there are power levelers. If you fall into the second category, then maybe STO won't be the game for you for another six months or however long it takes them to flesh out endgame. As plenty of people have already said, if you know there's no endgame at this point, why rush to it? And why mock people who don't choose to power level with the lame statement that "You just don't know how to level fast."

I've been playing since beta, maybe 2-3 hours a night, five to six nights a week (yes, the evil J.O.B. keeps me from playing 18+ hours a day), and I had one character up to LtC 8 or so since headstart. I decided that I made some bad decisions with that one, so I rerolled and started fresh. Now the new char is maybe a Lt 9 or 10, I can't remember offhand. Yes, I do the exploration and the patrol missions, so I suppose by your definition that I just don't know how to level.

If your idea of fun is rushing to max level by calculating which missions give you the biggest payoff in time vs. xp, then good for you. Just don't whine when that decision turns around and bites you in the ***. And leave the rest of us who actually like to take our time and do all (or most) of the missions alone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And THEN what? And thats the point. The game is way too short. Most mmorpgs have around 200 hours of game play until end game. This has about 60-80. Way too short.

This has seriously got to be a lot of people's first game after it's been launched. I cannot think of a single MMO that was ever completely filled with content starting out the door. Not WoW, CoH, Shadowbane, Earth and Beyond, Eve, gods, the names are now blurring in my head I've played too many. The point is short and sweet: If you are expecting massive content in the first month of launch of a game, you are going to be disappointed.

Not a single one out there is fully fleshed out just after launch. They spend the first few weeks fixing bugs that folks exploit either willingly or unwillingly. After that, they start working on content patches. If you're whining you have nothing to do in the first month, you're going too fast.

I'm rather enjoying my pace, solo as it may be. I'll probably make Commander this weekend and that's fine. Rushing through unfinished content is only begging to have trouble. And nobody else is to blame for that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jtj wrote:
    The point that the OP is obviously a tad too dense to see is that there are people who play STO to play the game and then there are power levelers. If you fall into the second category, then maybe STO won't be the game for you for another six months or however long it takes them to flesh out endgame. As plenty of people have already said, if you know there's no endgame at this point, why rush to it? And why mock people who don't choose to power level with the lame statement that "You just don't know how to level fast."

I've been playing since beta, maybe 2-3 hours a night, five to six nights a week (yes, the evil J.O.B. keeps me from playing 18+ hours a day), and I had one character up to LtC 8 or so since headstart. I decided that I made some bad decisions with that one, so I rerolled and started fresh. Now the new char is maybe a Lt 9 or 10, I can't remember offhand. Yes, I do the exploration and the patrol missions, so I suppose by your definition that I just don't know how to level.

If your idea of fun is rushing to max level by calculating which missions give you the biggest payoff in time vs. xp, then good for you. Just don't whine when that decision turns around and bites you in the ***. And leave the rest of us who actually like to take our time and do all (or most) of the missions alone.

Does doing every quest in the game (which includes all patrol, defend and exploration missions) and achieving max level while playing the game part time make me a dense power leveler? So if I played the game full time and skipped all the slow/unrewarding content what would I be then?

"The point is short and sweet: If you are expecting massive content in the first month of launch of a game, you are going to be disappointed."

No one is expecting massive content. We are however expecting not to exhaust current content in just two weeks of a MMORPG.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jtj wrote:

No we're not rushing. See, you started OVER. If you had kept that character you'd be to Commander 9 or 10 right now just like me.

And then if you played a little longer for another few days you'd easily hit Admiral. And then you'd be done. Finished.

Im pretty sure you'd be singing a different tune if that was the case.

I guess if I want to learn from your example and not " rush " through the game as you call it, I should delete the character I have now and start over! Genius! Why didnt I think of that!!!!

I'll never reach end game if I just delete my characters before I get there! Eureka!!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It really took you 3 months to level to 60 while rushing in WoW? I think that you're making stuff up to create this post and you are in no way stating factual evidence. Getting 60 in WoW was a feat accomplished in the first week of launch just like this game. If you knew what you were doing then 3 months is waaay too long.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AuntKathy wrote:
    This has seriously got to be a lot of people's first game after it's been launched. I cannot think of a single MMO that was ever completely filled with content starting out the door. Not WoW, CoH, Shadowbane, Earth and Beyond, Eve, gods, the names are now blurring in my head I've played too many. The point is short and sweet: If you are expecting massive content in the first month of launch of a game, you are going to be disappointed.

Not a single one out there is fully fleshed out just after launch. They spend the first few weeks fixing bugs that folks exploit either willingly or unwillingly. After that, they start working on content patches. If you're whining you have nothing to do in the first month, you're going too fast.

I'm rather enjoying my pace, solo as it may be. I'll probably make Commander this weekend and that's fine. Rushing through unfinished content is only begging to have trouble. And nobody else is to blame for that.

Lady, seriously, Ive barely been playing the thing. Because I dont want it to be over. No I dont just play on the weekends. I didnt buy an mmorpg to just play it on the weekends.

Seriously, I have skipped whole days of playing though. Just not played it. I usually only play for about 2 hours when I do play it a day.

And Im at Commander 10. I read ALL the text (like reading takes such a long time), I do a wide mix of Episodic, PvP, Exploration, Defend sector, Patrol, etc. I do it all. In very small quantities.

Sure if you only play for a few hours on the friggin weekend then Im sure the game WILL last a long time.

And yes, other mmorpgs were far more fleshed out than this AT LAUNCH. Otherwise, nobody would have bothered to subscribe for a second month.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Annex wrote: »
    "The point is short and sweet: If you are expecting massive content in the first month of launch of a game, you are going to be disappointed."

No one is expecting massive content. We are however expecting not to exhaust current content in just two weeks of a MMORPG.

I cannot imagine having so much time in my day that I do nothing other than play this, sleep, and go to work. I do it in moderation and enjoy the game. There's always going to be the person out there that plays hard-core. But that's not the scope of the developer. They're not intended to design for every possible player out there. They go according to the masses or the average. Sometimes, they'll occasionally throw a bone to the person on the fringe case.

But you're essentially whining about a game that just launched and has not yet released new content. Seriously? I mean really. The dev posts say they have a lot of new content coming. But it's not their fault you (or others like you) cannot play in moderation. It's not. It's yours (the royal you).

I shouldn't be surprised to see threads like this in every game that launched. Not after 13 years. But, I am. And I don't know why. I guess I expect people to think things through before whining. Then again, that was the only optimistic streak I had in me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And yes, other mmorpgs were far more fleshed out than this AT LAUNCH. Otherwise, nobody would have bothered to subscribe for a second month. [/COLOR]

Please, name me one. I've played just about all of them. And I cannot think of a single one that matches this. Everyone gets rose colored glasses in hindsight and it's pretty funny.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh hey it's this thread again.