Options

This Weekend's Down Time

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Vapur wrote:
    Server jsut die again !!!

Third time today this server has been down !!!!

Ahh not just me then... phew
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Would love to finally hit Lt Comm....3 times i've been stopped at hitting it now lol

Please tell me the server is coming back up soon
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a bit annoying to jump onto a game where you have a limited trial and find out the servers are down, or worse yet, get in for a bit and then BAM... more down time.

Will there be any comp time for the trials and/or the paid users?

Just curious.

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes this is getting annoying it is always at the same time too...around noon pacific time...i mean come on get your S*** tigether i love the game but the constent lag and DC is getting annoying
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :mad:Its funny the server going down just about the same time as yesterday realy sucks
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, I hate to spoil any good moods, but I've about had it today! STO is a great game, it is fun, I want to play it, and I PAID to play it- but I can't, because the second time(?) today the servers are down. Do you guys at Cryptic have any plans for refunds? After all, you're not only wasting my time (which would be perfectly fine it were to be wasted inside the game, not in the forums), but the money I paid. I don't want any money back, to get this straight, but some free days would be appropriate as a compensation.
    Yes, I am quite ****ed right now, because the whole week I have been looking forward to playing (over here, this weekend lasts longer because of carnival), but I can't because of some random servers problems! And I hardly believe I am the only one upset right now ...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Enough is enough now , i waited most of day then finally get on and into a long mission , had to redo same mission 3 bloody times as it bugged out each time , then finally get it done and bang server is down once more , i am not paying for a service this bad.

I am trying to love this game but it is getting more anoying than ever , destined to fail it seems.......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is total bollocks
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    zinc wrote: »
    Whoa! You guys continue to blow away all our expectations. We had so many people playing Star Trek this weekend... It's incredible! Of course, whenever we break population records, we find more room for improvement, as well.

You mean there's more than a thousand Star Trek fans with a computer? Who'd have thought...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm excited... My clairvoyant skills are astounding... I predicted this "Expected Scheduled Unexpected Downtime"

I think they are saving us from RSI.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know what this means? Time to play Mass Effect 2 for a few hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wheee, this is the third day in a row where within five minutes of logging in, the server goes down for hours. I've been trying to skill up to get to LT Commander for those three days too. Very annoying.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just wish the home page wouldnt say "Server Status: Undergoing Maintenance" when that is not what is happening, what is happening is the server is down because it crashed. It should just say server is down . It should only say undergoing maintenance when that is what it is doing. Crash does not demand a maintenance message.

It is misleading and imho purposely so.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    antilles1 wrote: »
    You mean there's more than a thousand Star Trek fans with a computer? Who'd have thought...

Lol, yeah, who indeed ... :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yea its lunch time
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I told Cryptic years ago when they did CoX that they needed to trade in those fat slow hamsters and hire some sleeker and faster gerbils. But did they listen? No.

Those hamsters had to stop to eat I guess. Always thinking of their stomachs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    antilles1 wrote: »
    My Common Sense is Tingling....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fewzz wrote: »
    Enough is enough now , i waited most of day then finally get on and into a long mission , had to redo same mission 3 bloody times as it bugged out each time , then finally get it done and bang server is down once more , i am not paying for a service this bad.

I am trying to love this game but it is getting more anoying than ever , destined to fail it seems.......

Enough is enough. If you don't like downtimes then don't play MMOs. It happens, it happens alot when theyre new. Just wait til the new Star Wars mmo is out - watch the server crashes roll in on that one.

Relax, enjoy the game and have some respect for folks who are doin the best they can to maintain the system. MMOs are far different than solo console and PC games.

But you think this is bad? Build a time machine back to when WoW first launched and then get back to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've completed 2 missions all day out of about 12 that I started.....Getting really tired of this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah well. Need to spend some time with the Star Trek Online widow anyways. It is Valentines?? Can it be that we actually get to the spend it with our wives instead of the game??? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I know 3 friends who quit this week , i dont want to follow them but its tempting simply because this game is evidently a year short of being released , perhaps a cancel and relaunch in 6months time is needed?

Least we want compensation , free days or ingame goods , whats the point of ingame goods though if we cant play.

Half the missions i even managed to do lately have been bugged , that rediculous.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know what this means? Time to play Mass Effect 2 for a few hours.

haha i agree
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm on a 10 day trial to see if I "like" the game enough to want to buy it...glad I didn't buy it yet...Too much down time and server lag.

Don't get me wrong...I like the game...but...if I pay for the game...I expect to PLAY the game and not look at a screen that tells me the server is down. I don't like starting a mission and then have the server drop...for 9 out of the ten of them.

This is something that is considered "game breaking".
    Oh sure...the game seems to play fine...when you can play it. Server issues break games too...when it happens too often, people tend to leave it for games that don't have those problems.

I realize that this is a new game and all, and this week was the "debut"...but come on...the servers should be able to handle the player load....surely cryptic knew this when they released it after the Star Trek movie. Lots of fans out there...and lots of disappointed fans "trying" to play the game

I get the distinct feeling that this game is going to be like a few others I've seen...a ghost town after the first month due to server problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It would still be nice to actually get replies of the admins at some time to............:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This game just isn't good enough to keep my interest if these server issues continue. I'm already bored and adding frustration to my boredom is just going to make me (and others) go elsewhere. I wouldn't invest too heavily in more hardware. You won't need it long.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fewzz wrote: »
    I
    Least we want compensation , free days or ingame goods , whats the point of ingame goods though if we cant play.

I Agree

KONSENS
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is more than boring ....

So next weeks downtime again and again , all players payed the game. i dont understand that they cant upgrade the Servers .... when the post so many people played everey week until the server crashed, then the must have enoug payment players to fix the f****ing server crashes or upgrade or buy new or more hardware ....

Damn ... still playing 1-2 hours and when i come back .. server is down... every time same **** !

And in Future Montly Pay for so much downtime *g* wow nice .... when i look back in eve online playing they restart 1 times at day the servers until 1 hour and it works !! and here .. .pay pay pay an every time the same answer ... sry bla bla but its great that all players pay for our game downtime and "server not responding Bugs" Lags etc... *gg*

in Beta Phase its ok ... but now ... omg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It would still be nice to actually get replies of the admins at some time to............:confused:

If the admins were here to reply there would be no one to fix the server....lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yea its lunch time

Okay who said they could all get off the power generating exercise bikes..... you need to take lunch in shifts.

Better idea more shifts or pay the power bill........
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Everyone is so freaking funny with their "we want free time" posts. You must not have been around during EQ's time. So let me give you a little idea of what it was like:

EVERY week, was "scheduled" downtime, it was planned to be 4-6 hours. EVERY week. And then, every week, the servers would come up in 6-8 hours, and within 2 hours, CRASH, and be down, for another, 2-4 hours, ans i dont remember EVER getting any sort of "compensation", in fact, it was in their EULA, and im sure STO's "monthly payment does not gaurantee contineous access"