test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy class model: hull offset

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It looks like someone screwed up a Z axis value on the galaxy class ship model and it's derivatives. The hull is set too high in relation to the other ship components. The result is that the hull seems to poke through the saucer section on top and seems to be unattached to the large pylon and warp nacelles on the bottom rear.

This shouldn't be hard to fix, just have to change a few numbers really. It's really distracting to anyone playing a galaxy class, and it's easily one of the most iconic ships amongst the star trek fandom. We'd greatly appreciate it if this issue could be addressed fairly soon. Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    man this thread gets spammed with TRIBBLE, I really hope a Dev sees this
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wow really, no one commented on this. Has no one else seen the Galaxy class model?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i can't believe i have to bump this again, maybe no one has gotten to Captain rank yet
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure if it is appearing this way on their systems they will fix it in the future. It's not a true bug so I'm sure it something that will just happen quietly. May or may not even see it in patch notes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Galaxy Class in STO looks terribly clumsy in any way!

Just take a look at the Engineering section here:
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:USS_Enterprise-D,_These_Are_the_Voyages.jpg

sleek and smoth

compared to the Ingame Model:
    http://media.curse.com/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/127284/News/sto_screen_101709_70.jpg

Clumsy, distorted and of the Map...

just my 0,02$
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hunkey wrote: »
    The Galaxy Class in STO looks terribly clumsy in any way!

Just take a look at the Engineering section here:
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:USS_Enterprise-D,_These_Are_the_Voyages.jpg

sleek and smoth

compared to the Ingame Model:
    http://media.curse.com/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/127284/News/sto_screen_101709_70.jpg

Clumsy, distorted and of the Map...

just my 0,02$

meh, all the ships look like that in this game, and I'm pretty sure that that in game shot is out of date, the saucer doesn't look THAT bad anymore. I just want them to fix this blasted alignment issue. It would take them 30 seconds-all they have to do is change a few numbers

That said: the ship artwork in general for this game is of amazingly low quality. I've never seen a licensed Star Trek game where the ships just looked so... malformed before. I 'm starting to think that they just hired a bunch of day laborers to create their art assets for them. I've seen fan made mods that do a MUCH MUCH better job of capturing iconic Trek ships like the Galaxy class. My guess is that this is do to the way in which players can mix and match ship components. Perhaps this system forces them to compromise the overall look of familiar ship designs?

In any case, all I want is for this alignment issue to be fixed :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LDE47 wrote: »
    I'm sure if it is appearing this way on their systems they will fix it in the future. It's not a true bug so I'm sure it something that will just happen quietly. May or may not even see it in patch notes.

it's not just on my system, numerous people have complained of the this issue
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, just change a few "numbers". LOL :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    exodusrex wrote: »
    Yeah, just change a few "numbers". LOL :D

there's not much more to it, the component is only displaced by a few notches along the z axis, they just need to move it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Search is your friend.

A dev has already commented on this, and said it will be fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Search is your friend.

A dev has already commented on this, and said it will be fixed.

ah, so it has
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there's a lot of misalignment parts in several class ships, like the nacelles in the saber, but since the galaxy is the most well known ship is the most noticeable :P

for the "bad look" of the ships try messing around with the advanced graphic settings... most of the time is just low res textures...