Options

Rear Admiral 3

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Maidel wrote: »
    Ive play every day since open beta.

In open beta I got to LVL 14 (lieutenant commander 4)

In headstart I made it to lieutenant 5

And finall now, im Lieutenant commander 4 AGAIN :D

I play every day after work (and looking after the family and cooking dinner and stuff) and I consider to have played 'above average' amount of time (2-3 hours a night, im not really GRINDING it during that time - just taking my time)

So - in 14 days of beta I played about 30-50 hours. In the 11 days since head start ive probably played about 30 hours.

This game is very easy to power level - just do fleet missions over and over and do pvp over and over and hey presto - your an admiral. Anyone who has done this (or played 5-10 hours a day) and is then whining that there is no end game content frankly gets what they deserve.

The only game I can think that cant be power leveled/ has an infinate time associated with it is EVE - so my suggestion would be go and play that for a while...

People will disagree if you are wrong.... But you will be much more likely to be personally attacked around here if you are right

Thats in your sig right maybe you should read that last line in your sig before you flame on ppl again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    People will disagree if you are wrong.... But you will be much more likely to be personally attacked around here if you are right

Thats in your sig right maybe you should read that last line in your sig before you flame on ppl again.

I would be most grateful if you could point out the part of my post that was either a flame, an insult or a personal attack.

My post firmly fitted within the first part of my sig - People will disagree if you are wrong.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This game is very easy to power level - just do fleet missions over and over and do pvp over and over and hey presto - your an admiral. Anyone who has done this (or played 5-10 hours a day) and is then whining that there is no end game content frankly gets what they deserve.

The only game I can think that cant be power leveled/ has an infinate time associated with it is EVE - so my suggestion would be go and play that for a while...

Be it flaming them outright or trying to hide flames under diplomacy its still a flame funny how the tone changes when ppl realize the shi*t their shoveling doesn't smell like roses after all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    Be it flaming them outright or trying to hide flames under diplomacy its still a flame funny how the tone changes when ppl realize the shi*t their shoveling doesn't smell like roses after all.

So - to disagree with someone is to flame them.

This is a new concept for me.

Diplomatic flaming... thats called an oxymoron.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    its easy to dissagree with someone but its hard to leave personal attacks out like telling them to go play eve or that what they get for leveling normally NOT power leveling is what they deserve please post more we can pick things apart I have made admiral an don't have alot to do in game atm so I got time :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can hit the cap of WoW in that time if you really get at it. However at launch of even that game you would have said "so now what?"

I guess you could have soloed Molten Core, I THINK that was out..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    *flames*...very hard
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    *flames*...very hard

ROFL :D love this post
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you don't want to roll another char, then I guess it's time to move on. Nothing wrong with that. You probably logged at least 50 hours in the game, and got your money out of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    its easy to dissagree with someone but its hard to leave personal attacks out like tellling them to go play eve or that what they get for leveling normally NOT power leveling is what they deserve please post more we can pick things apart I have made admiral an don't have alot to do in game atm so I got time :p

At which point was pointing out that another game has what he is asking for a personal attack :confused:

The guy complained there's not enough content for them - I pointed out that EVE cannot be power levelled and thus might be more suitable.

And saying someone 'gets what they deserve' is not a personal attack - its an observation of their situation.

There are plenty of flamers on this forum - picking on the one guy who can construct a decent sentence and explain his point of view eloquently is probably a bad place to start.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    As you read through here an the guy asks legitement questions then gets flamed by the tools I mean fanboys but how many more days before the fanboys are in here crying about where there next level/quest is because they have maxed out, honestly reaching admiral is NOT hard at all the game is 100% easy to solo and if you get in groups its not even a challenge.

Personally I'm taking the time (been admiral for a few days now) checking skills on bo's making sure I get the right ones since I don't get xp anymore I only get BO skill points and testing gear sets. But if the end game content is anything like what is currently here then there will be alot of the instant gratification ppl and fanboys raging away against each other shortly after its released.

+1 for Truth. Luv this game but:

I'm now Admiral and played all missions and had a lot of fun doing so with friends and fleet members. Also had advantage of being in Open Beta + Head Start so I knew what I was doing / no learning curve.

But in a week or two's time, even the noob fanboi's who flame valid posts will have a rude awakening if we don't see end-game content added. Even WOW had LBRS and UBRS. This has zero fleet actions past Chrystal Entity.

Oh and it is a fact that 5 levels were removed from Admiral rank to supply something quick and easy to add back in after launch. Disputing it = epic fail.

Cheers,
    Zoo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Zoo wrote: »
    I'm now Admiral and played all missions and had a lot of fun doing so with friends and fleet members. Also had advantage of being in Open Beta + Head Start so I knew what I was doing / no learning curve.

Im the same - I knew what I was doing and there was no learning curve - but in order to be an admiral you still have had to have played a serious number of hours every night OR did a lot of pvp which is horribly broken in terms of reward (I had it explained that you get about 100 sp per pvp match which lasts about 10 minutes - compared to about 200 sp for doing a full episode which takes about an hour....)
    But in a week or two's time, even the noob fanboi's who flame valid posts will have a rude awakening if we don't see end-game content added. Even WOW had LBRS and UBRS. This has zero fleet actions past Chrystal Entity.

Im no a fanboy - I doubt this game will keep my occupied anywhere near as long as the 4 years that EVE did - but they are adding end game content (soon) most likely at the 45 day patch - which will be perfectly fine for any working gamers/ casual players.
    Oh and it is a fact that 5 levels were removed from Admiral rank to supply something quick and easy to add back in after launch. Disputing it = epic fail.

They guy wasnt disputing it - what he was trying to point out is that those 5 levels are NOT END GAME CONTENT - they were merely 5 extra levels.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    its easy to dissagree with someone but its hard to leave personal attacks out like telling them to go play eve or that what they get for leveling normally NOT power leveling is what they deserve please post more we can pick things apart I have made admiral an don't have alot to do in game atm so I got time :p

Telling someone to play another game is not a personal attack. Calling someone a derrogatory name, or implying something negative about them, is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At which point was pointing out that another game has what he is asking for a personal attack :confused:

The guy complained there's not enough content for them - I pointed out that EVE cannot be power levelled and thus might be more suitable.

And saying someone 'gets what they deserve' is not a personal attack - its an observation of their situation.

There are plenty of flamers on this forum - picking on the one guy who can construct a decent sentence and explain his point of view eloquently is probably a bad place to start.

Its just dressed up bs lol, reading this is like watching members of congress on one side try and say nice things about ppl on the other side.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    elmarko123 wrote: »
    Ok,

I have not power-leveled, i work and i have a life.

I've already hit the end of the PVE content for this game when i hit rear admiral 3 today.

How long until we finally get some end game content?, as if you consider every single other MMO out there, you spent considerably longer at the top level than getting TO the top level.

With a game like this where its stupidly easy to level up, how can they release a game with no end game content.

A dev post here would be greatly appriciated as each day more and more ppl are going to hit the end of the content and start quitting.

RA3!

Dude Im unemployed and Ive played 43 hrs total... and Im Lt.Cmdr 6 ... what have you been doing... and no its not easy to level up. It takes 2 / 3 missions to go up a level.... And Alot of of Time and levels to Go Up A Rank.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RA3!

Dude Im unemployed and Ive played 43 hrs total... and Im Lt.Cmdr 6 ... what have you been doing... and no its not easy to level up. It takes 2 / 3 missions to go up a level.... And Alot of of Time and levels to Go Up A Rank.

Thanks.

Your experiances are the same as mine. Doing each episode takes me about 1 hour - even if I RAN through each level (on sprint or maximum impulse) and I was able to tank/ kill the entire area at once, it will still take me about 20-30 minutes just to kill those ships!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Honestly I did every single quest the game gave out once then when I ran out of game content I started doing explorer missions to buy some gear and defend sector missions in Zeta Andromenda to loot (yes I know I spelled it wrong)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    Its just dressed up bs lol, reading this is like watching members of congress on one side try and say nice things about ppl on the other side.

You want my personal opinion?

I personally think the OP rushed through the content as fast as possible, power leveling wherever he saw the opertunity, and is now whinning that there is nothing to do.

Ergo - he gets what he deserves/ reaps what he sows etc.

You are on the other hand, merely an arguemental person who is attempting to wind me up so you can then point a finger at me and go 'look look - hes flaming/ trolling/ insulting me and the op'

It wont work im afraid because im a mature adult who doesnt need to get his rock off insulting people over internet forums. I dont know how congress works - but if its anything like the UK house of parliament what you are refering to is mature adults having a debate without resorting to personal/base insults to make their point. If you think thats 'bs' then Im very sorry for you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    As you read through here an the guy asks legitement questions then gets flamed by the tools I mean fanboys but how many more days before the fanboys are in here crying about where there next level/quest is because they have maxed out, honestly reaching admiral is NOT hard at all the game is 100% easy to solo and if you get in groups its not even a challenge.

Personally I'm taking the time (been admiral for a few days now) checking skills on bo's making sure I get the right ones since I don't get xp anymore I only get BO skill points and testing gear sets. But if the end game content is anything like what is currently here then there will be alot of the instant gratification ppl and fanboys raging away against each other shortly after its released.

Did you even read the thread? Obviously not..... :rolleyes:

To the OP type /played into your screen and post up a screenshot. I'd love to see how many hours it shows you played.

I play every day. for a few hours, and only am at commander 3.

Now I have two friends who are admirals already, but both of them are currently not working, and putting in 8-16 hours a day in the game. So thats expected that their that far along.....

I agree about the end game, but at the same point, is there a gold medal to get to the end first and I wasnt aware of it? Did you even read the story boards that pop up? or do you just click it as fast as you can?
    Do you search around for anomalies and check out the scenary, or do you just make a mad dash to the objective, and then run to the next?

Hey if thats your play style, more power to ya, to each there own.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I must really have no clue how to play this game. I work and generally have a life, but I play pretty heavily in my spare time, and I am not at Commander yet.

I think I could level faster if I was into grinding random missions or the same fleet action over and over. Or maybe if I abandoned all of the ground missions, or never bothered collecting anomolies I could have leveled quicker. But I like to move around, PvP, follow the story line missions, read the dialog.

What am I doing wrong?

You arent doing anything wrong. You are playing the game like you want to, just like everyone else. You will find though (if you havent already) that the story missions will dry up and you will need to "grind" patrol, defend, explore, pvp to level up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I personally think the OP rushed through the content as fast as possible, power leveling wherever he saw the opertunity, and is now whinning that there is nothing to do.

You are on the other hand, merely an arguemental person who is attempting to wind me up so you can then point a finger at me and go 'look look - hes flaming/ trolling/ insulting me and the op'

It wont work im afraid because im a mature adult who doesnt need to get his rock off insulting people over internet forums. I dont know how congress works - but if its anything like the UK house of parliament what you are refering to is mature adults having a debate without resorting to personal/base insults to make their point. If you think thats 'bs' then Im very sorry for you.

Hate to say it, but you're getting trolled pretty hard. I would stop feeding them.

Also, accusing someone of rushing through content in the second week since head start is pretty funny.

I know for a fact that people with full time jobs and a significant others can get to cap without 'power leveling'. I just killed Feds and presto, Brig. Gen. happened.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Honestly I just made a small point that even though not intended you were doing what you said you don't, I could careless if you get all bent out of shape or not, if it helps you sleep at night so be it. As for the UK I've seen the same politcal TRIBBLE that gets said about their opponets as its does here in the US an if I'm not mistaken is throwing the purple flour all over the PM awhile back considered mature adults having debates? :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    g44r4 wrote: »
    Hate to say it, but you're getting trolled pretty hard. I would stop feeding them.

Yea I know - but if id said that.... sigh.
    Also, accusing someone of rushing through content in the second week since head start is pretty funny.

I know for a fact that people with full time jobs and a significant others can get to cap without 'power leveling'. I just killed Feds and presto, Brig. Gen. happened.

Well yes and no. Klingons cant help it - they dont have any content - all they can do is PVP and PVP is utterly broken for time vs reward.

Federation players have two choices - play through the story line content which will take about 60-80 hours

OR PVP like klingons.

If you PVP like a klingon and are complaing about the lack of content - go back and play the story line content, if you did the story line content in 11 days.... well - my previous points stand.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Power leveling is when a high level character takes a low level character and fights for him so the low level gets fast and easy xp.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Qoojo wrote:
    If you don't want to roll another char, then I guess it's time to move on. Nothing wrong with that. You probably logged at least 50 hours in the game, and got your money out of it.

I logged in less then forty-hours from start to rear admiral. If you had some good friends it's possible to probably clear all game-content even far-faster then that, except for the obviously bugged missions that can not be completed at this time. Not to mention, only about fifteen-hours of it is even worthy of being called (enjoyable) content the rest is excessively copy-and-paste affairs.

I spent in total closer to sixty, but most of that extra twenty-hours included sitting around for hours due to bugs (hurray), forced to repeat missions many times over (imagine doing them ten times over), totally dysfunctional away teams, sitting idle in-game while on the forums, bad PVP situations (few vs. few that run around the map in circles for sometimes up to a half-hour or more till more join), and simply just sitting in the exchange.

There isn't really much left to do except repeating the same exploration missions, defend missions, fleet actions (all at least 20 levels below me), or go waste more time in the half-baked PvP. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Soluss wrote: »

Power leveling is when a high level character takes a low level character and fights for him so the low level gets fast and easy xp.

I dont think there is any 'offical' defintion of power leveling...

but my understanding of it is using any method to level a character that is the quickest and easiest possible.

Be it 'bending' the rules, playing missions/quests that are easy and give lots of xp over and over

basically doing whatever gives the best xp / time take.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been playing almost nonstop since launch, at least 7+ hours a day, and I'm still only Lieutenant Commander 9. When at Earth Spacedock, Memory Alpha, or just in sector space, the vast majority of people I see are still some grade of Lieutenant Commander. Some are even still lieutenants. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 admirals.

As I play the game it becomes clear to me that this game was definitely developed for the crowd who're still LCs. Deny it all you want, you admirals are power gamers. If you rushed through all the content just so you could be the first to have the biggest and baddest ship, then that's your own damn fault.

Picture it like two families on a road trip in Nappa Valley, both leaving at the same time from the same city at around, ooooh, 6 a.m.:

Dad #1 keeps his foot to the floor, yells at his kids to shut up, doesn't stop for food or bathroom breaks, just so he can be the "first" in line at the new winery that's opening up. He makes it, sure enough, as the first car in the parking lot. He goes to open the door, but finds it locked. Oop, he got there too early, the winery doesn't open till noon. He flies into a rage, demands the winery opens, smacks his wife and kids, gets out his laptop, and starts *****ing about it on the Nappa Valley Online forums about "ZOMG I BLEW THROUGH ALL OF THE VALLEY TO GET TO WINERY BUT IT AIN'T EVEN OPEN YET!! WTF TRIBBLE YOU WRYPTIC!"

Dad #2 keeps it at a steady 65 mph, has some Boston playing on the radio, stops at McDonalds for some breakfast, kids are playing their vidya games. Both the dad and the mom are enjoying the magnificent view that the Nappa Valley (really all of California around that area) offers. They stop at an antique shop, stop at a souvenir store, stop at one of the many scenic pull offs to take some pictures. When they finally reach the winery it's well into the afternoon, it's open and serving wine. Dad and Mom #2 enjoy some pinot, kids have some of them awesome little crackers, overall it was a very enjoyable experience, but it's the trip there they'll remember most.

Dad #1, meanwhile, is in the back of a squad car and his kids are in protective services.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MMShaggy wrote: »
    Did you even read the thread? Obviously not..... :rolleyes:

To the OP type /played into your screen and post up a screenshot. I'd love to see how many hours it shows you played.

I play every day. for a few hours, and only am at commander 3.

Now I have two friends who are admirals already, but both of them are currently not working, and putting in 8-16 hours a day in the game. So thats expected that their that far along.....

I agree about the end game, but at the same point, is there a gold medal to get to the end first and I wasnt aware of it? Did you even read the story boards that pop up? or do you just click it as fast as you can?
    Do you search around for anomalies and check out the scenary, or do you just make a mad dash to the objective, and then run to the next?

Hey if thats your play style, more power to ya, to each there own.....

There are thousands of admirals at this point. There should be something for them to do. There are not even things they can fight at level.. Come on... they could atleast have at level stuff to fight. Story is the same story no matter how many times you play. Alot of people have read it all before the game even launched. Why read it again? As far as anomolies go... its nothing but a waste of time. Why bother? You may enjoy picking up 3 worthless radiation samples from every instance you are in but not everyone is into that sort of thing. The scenery does not really change much... once you seen a couple systems you pretty much seen them all. Not everyone flies around empty or asteroid filled space just to see some pink/purple/green background.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Picture it like two families on a road trip in Nappa Valley, both leaving at the same time from the same city at around, ooooh, 6 a.m.:

SNIP

Dad #1, meanwhile, is in the back of a squad car and his kids are in protective services.

You are my new hero. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea I know - but if id said that.... sigh.

Well yes and no. Klingons cant help it - they dont have any content - all they can do is PVP and PVP is utterly broken for time vs reward.

Federation players have two choices - play through the story line content which will take about 60-80 hours

OR PVP like klingons.

If you PVP like a klingon and are complaing about the lack of content - go back and play the story line content, if you did the story line content in 11 days.... well - my previous points stand.

There is only so much "story line content" withough grinding defend missions and such you cannot level. You have to grind those... there is not enough story from 1 to 45.
This discussion has been closed.