test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AA in game or Catalyst?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
As the title indicates I am just trying to figure out if I should be using the in game AA or use the catalyst UI to set my AA?

Please any incite woulds be appreciated!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CCC doesnt work in game does ... so you get better performance from CCC with less quality.. its a tradeoff :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I honestly don't see a difference with either of them. I still see the sharp angles of the edges with the in-game one on.

What about the other features of CCC? AI, AAA, and the others. do they work to make the game look better or are they worthless right now?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Catalyst A.I. in my experience helps quite a bit with performance, I don't see any real visual difference. Only thing is, it does take more CPU power if you have it on advanced.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mm AA makes a really nice difference, if you arent seeing it then it might not be working for you.

make sure its set in CCC to use application settings and then try .. if you want to do it without having to open options each time to compare then type..

/msaa 0 for off
    /msaa 2
    /msaa 4
    /msaa 8 for max

you can use /showfps 1 to see what reduction in performance is associated with each setting. Obviously you should go somewhere where you arent getting massive fps before you start testing.