test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

INTEL GMA x4500 anyone tried STO with this yet?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hey guys need some help...

My Laptop meets all the top requirements to play the game...but i am unsure about my graphics.

It has the intel gma x4500 has anyone tried STO with this card yet?
can you give me any feedback?

my laptop is only 3 months old.. has dual pentium 4s 2.8ghtz 4gb ram 250gb hd but the GMA x4500
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it is the x4500 HD im getting conflicting info some say it will some say it wont.. anyone have this card and tried?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Excerpt from notebookcheck.com
    performance is just on par with the entry level dedicated graphics cards and therefore not suited for demanding games. Some older games like Fear can be played in low details and low resolutions. Compared to other modern integrated graphic cards like the Nvidia GeForce 9400M (G 102MNVIDIA GeForce G 105M) or AMD ATI Radeon HD 3200, the GMA 4500M HD noticably slower and provides less optimized drivers for games.

Here is the link to the info on your Graphic Card:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html

You MIGHT (emphisis on MIGHT) be able to run the game on the lowest settings. Be advised it won't look spectaculr by any means.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks so much for your help!! long and prosper!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You are very welcome
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i am able to run this game on lowest settings with a X3100. :) just dont go above 15fps with ui.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Once and for all!

YES! You can play Star Trek Online with a Intel GMA 4500.
    YES! You need at least to have Dual Core and like 3,4 GB Ram.
    YES! You dont need to play in 800x600 Res. like some people say.
    YES! I play in 1366x768 (i got an All in One) and it looks totaly fine.
    YES! The Framerate is totaly accaptable.

Before buying this game ive searched the whole Internet for an answer if i may be able to play this game or not. And now i just tried it. Since 3 days iam playing and iam happy with it.

Hope ive helped.

Cu
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm playing it on a Intel x4500hd (apparently, i thought it was the GMA4500 for the longest time; Lenovo corrected me when i went to look it up :/ ) at 96MB. (since this is on my tablet, i can play it and be ultranerd. the stylus is meh as it has some recognition issues, but i can turn my monitor and show my friends all the pewpew and make them jealous twice over.) i can play it just fine. depending on how the server is behaving, i can use non-half resolution and get meh fps or half-resolution and get good fps.

granted, as it has been stated, it's not the BEST graphical experience, but you can play on-the-go.