test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

max TRIBBLE with bug guns problem

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
i'm a guy and my girl character with max TRIBBLE has problem that big guns like sniper rifle and the other rifle types go inside ya TRIBBLE anyone else got this problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    peteed1 wrote: »
    anyone else got this problem?

At least you see that creating female characters as a guy is a problem. Try a Therapy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zalerra wrote:
    At least you see that creating female characters as a guy is a problem. Try a Therapy.

yeah I tried to word the graphics issue so there was double meaning in the post :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To stay serious:

That is a known issue.
    It also happens with fat characters and belts (if you turn up the "stomach" slider too much it'll clip through the belt), but it is not yet known if and when a solution will arrive.

Until then, just make the TRIBBLE smaller or live with this graphical glitch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zalerra wrote:
    To stay serious:

That is a known issue.
    It also happens with fat characters and belts (if you turn up the "stomach" slider too much it'll clip through the belt), but it is not yet known if and when a solution will arrive.

Until then, just make the TRIBBLE smaller or live with this graphical glitch.

how much smaller? >_< if I gotta go too small I may as well play a guy character :eek: i'd rather not be a guy staring at a guys TRIBBLE all day hope they fix this soon

and yes I am a sexist pig :cool: :o:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zalerra wrote:

What exactly is the problem? Are you in denial about your feminine side? I would suggest perhaps it is you who needs therapy :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how much smaller? >_< if I gotta go too small I may as well play a guy character :eek: i'd rather not be a guy staring at a guys TRIBBLE all day hope they fix this soon

and yes I am a sexist pig

Don't know, just try out.
    Go to the costume guy, change the TRIBBLE (costs less then 100 credits each), save and go out of the costume menu, equip your weapon and look if its still glitched, if yes go into costume change again, if not you're done.

What exactly is the problem? Are you in denial about your feminine side?
    I would suggest perhaps it is you who needs therapy

You DID see that I was attempting to be funny, did you?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'd rather not be a guy staring at a guys TRIBBLE all day

Man that excuse is getting old, plus you are on your ship for 80% of the game, why does it matter, plus this is star trek, you are suppose to have a guy captain who sleeps with hot alien chicks :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doom_guy wrote: »
    Man that excuse is getting old, plus you are on your ship for 80% of the game, why does it matter, plus this is star trek, you are suppose to have a guy captain who sleeps with hot alien chicks :D

hmm hmm hmm you raise a good point there maybe i'll make a guy when I make my joined trill :)

yeah 80% space :( :mad: I prefer ground

also smaller TRIBBLE don't work I looked again and stomach is half the problem too
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doom_guy wrote: »

Why not a hot female captain who sleeps with hot female aliens. That's just hotter!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'm a guy and my girl character with max TRIBBLE has problem that big guns like sniper rifle and the other rifle types go inside ya TRIBBLE anyone else got this problem?

Yeah well even though this game will allow us to make TRIBBLE that are laughably huge I consider the fact that clipping issues like this might encourage people to scale them back to reasonable sizes a good thing, not a bad one. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

and yes I am a sexist pig :cool: :o:D

Even the TRIBBLE with the slider set to the smallest setting are seriously sizable. You have nothing to worry about ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My ~34 B, very tall Lib Borg Human female doesn't have this graphic problem. Unless the designers are willing to do a complete re-write of how the character/weapon animation logic works I wouldn't expect a patch for this anytime soon.

This kind of problem is common across many MMO's and is espeically visible in Hair styles. Many long hair styles, beards, etc. get lost in armor, chests, ample dwarf guts, etc.

My guess is that there is going to be more focus on content and game play for a while than relatively small animation problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    funny i had the exact same Problem in Fallout 3

also the "thoughtfull" stance... when you have the hands behind your back tend to go right through your body when you start walking