test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Antialiasing 16x support?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
No support for 16x antialiasing? Or it just not showing because it thinks my card is to low? Also if I were to use Nvidia control panel to make a profile would I make it for gameclient.exe or startrekonline.exe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cant say anything for the AA, but the profile should be for gameclient.exe :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    16 works fine for me. Im using an ATI 4870.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I see, thanks, but for some strange reason even making a profile to force (override or enhance) AA 16x doesn't work. :confused: Can run 16x fine with other games. :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have been wondering about the AA with this game and my ATI 4850 X2. NO matter what setting I have it on whether in game or in catalyst settings. The game always seems to look the same to me. The only place I have support for AA x16 is in the catalyst menu, the game doesn't have it.

Secondly when I use the game AA it seems to slow the game down, within catalyst it seems to run better when I have it to override the in game settings and have the game settings for AA off.

I too have stuttering when I am on the ground but not in space. As you can see from my sig below, I should really not be having any problems. I know the 4850 X2 is an older card but it still have 2 processors and 2 gigs memory as well as the 8 gigs system memory.

Anyone have some tips for getting better performance with my setup?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My guess would be the game or driver thinks the card is to "weak" so it completely ignores the 16x option. /shrug Aren't the X2 cards both Nvidia and ATi known to stutter due to the dual GPU's not syncing properly or something when the memory gets full?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I did not know anything about the 2 GPU cards having problems like that. I would not have got one had I known =(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Locutis78 wrote: »
    I did not know anything about the 2 GPU cards having problems like that. I would not have got one had I known =(

Is there an option in the control panel to disable the 2nd gpu on the card? Could try that if there is.