test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GeForce 295 GTX

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I have the GeForce 295 GTX with the i7 3.2 GHZ 8M Chip and liquid cooling with 12 GB of RAM and Windows 7 64bit. I used this computer to test the Beta and short of a few bumbs in the begining it all worked fine in the end without a problem. Now with the launch after about 20-30 min it goes nuts with pink and green lines all over the place (its not over heating, because when I switch to another game or the desktop it goes away)

Is there a compatability issue with the 295???

What can I do in the settings to resolve the issue?

Thanks

DaDewie
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I"m running 2x 295's (Quad SLI) and do not have this issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It has to be somehting different, if it worked fine in the Beta and now it does not something changed in the game programing to make my computer reject it. I would say its overheating I had that problem before, but if that was the case then when I switch to Windows it would still show the lines and it does not so it has to be the game in some way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm running 2 ea 285 OCX and I had a bit of an issue so I lowered my clock speed with nTune and now seems smooth.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didn't think Ntune supports the GeForce line am I mistaken? I wish I knew why it worked in the beta and not now. It also flickers in the login screen, so basically anything related to the game it blows up anything else with my computer it works just fine, even WoW which I play from time to time works fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Try lowering the clocks with Rivatuner.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem with 64 bit vista business, 2x 295 GTX and 12 Gig RAM

It seems to be a memory leak of some kind, though the faulty process doesn't show up in the task list.

Shortly after that effect, quit STO and look at your memory consumption, you'll likely see that all your system memory is used and locked. stopping STO will not solve the problem.

I've bugged and reported it several times, but sofar no help.

The only thing which works is diabling SLI in the Nvidia settings window :o(

On the other hand, one GPU of a single card is running this game at max settings...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem, win7 ulitmate x64 and 2x 295 GTX and 6 Gig RAM
    pc freze or turn off my screen, only thing to do is reboot pc.
    some times i can play for houres and some times only couble min. ?? :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Maybe a Solution.
    I had the same problem in a few games already, with different grafic cards.
    I always was able to fix it by changing the Appenture ( or Aprenture, or Apprenture) Grafix Memory Option in the system BIOS to Maximum. On my pc was Default 256, i changed that to 2048. Since then, i never had any problems with that in any game anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have not had any problems with my system.... which is pretty close to the Op's.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am having big problems too Im running a Quad core Xeon Mac with a 1GB Geforce 285GTX and 3Gb of system memory, on Bootcamp with Windows 7 and 3 patches ago it started to TRIBBLE out by saying Memory is low reducing textures, then the whole system would freak out and die on me, then I went and updated my Nvidia Drivers and it worked great, Till this very latest Patch came out and now its doing the same thing again. Its using all my system memory which is bad coding on the Devs part, Im starting to wonder why I paid £40 for the game by the time they get it to working standard the games first free month will be over. ><
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem with 64 bit vista business, 2x 295 GTX and 12 Gig RAM

It seems to be a memory leak of some kind, though the faulty process doesn't show up in the task list.

Shortly after that effect, quit STO and look at your memory consumption, you'll likely see that all your system memory is used and locked. stopping STO will not solve the problem.

I've bugged and reported it several times, but sofar no help.

The only thing which works is diabling SLI in the Nvidia settings window :o(

On the other hand, one GPU of a single card is running this game at max settings...

This is whats happing to me too but im running just 1x 285 GTX im not well happy ><
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess ive been lucky sticking to my 9800 gtx+, no graph probs so far...i was thinking of the 295, but ive now changed mt mind. lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it starded for 2 pach ago.
    im LVL 9 in game and cant play at all now.

now its so bad, that the problem also are in windows while not play.
    my screen turn off now too, when start windows.
    so i did an reboot/F8/ uinstall nividia driver/reboot
    windows update install driver again/reboot.
    all fine now for windows again.
    But if i start game/login/ loading game then POOF problem are back. screen turned off, pc not respond.

gtx 295 x2
    amd phenom II x4 955 processor
    6 G ram
    sound X-fi

NEVER had problems whed games before, Lorto/EVE/WOW/ RF/Anerchy/ and meany odders games

Today 2/8. CONGRATOLATIONS STO. my Grafik card Toasted burnd off. 800$ down in the drain :((
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Theres a simular problem to the OP concern with ATI cards recently, im really starting to think that Cryptic accidently bodged some codeing somewere.

Role back time Dev team :P