test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wal-Mart Pre-Order Skill Point Bonus Not Received

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Wife and I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart to receive the 500 skill point bonus. Retail keys accepted on both accounts but no skill point bonus on either existing or new characters. Where are our 500 skill points and what do we have to do, if anything, to get them?

Thanks in advance.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wasn't it cryptic points, not skill points? They are used to buy stuff in the c-store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is skill points, I didn't get mine either - nor did I get any of the other pre order bonuses.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dev response? Have contacted Wal-Mart and they are researching it from their end.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also pre-ordered from Wal Mart, activated my subscription, and did not receive the extra skill points. My account info says I've activated both retail and pre-order, and I double checked the C-Store to make sure that the bonus points were not listed there (they weren't).

Anyone found a way to collect the points yet?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Go into the C-Store in game and look under the 2nd Tab (cant remember what it is called at the moment) and your Skill Ball is there. I didn't think I got mine either but after some clicking around I found em. Hope this helps you and Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fexdor wrote:
    Go into the C-Store in game and look under the 2nd Tab (cant remember what it is called at the moment) and your Skill Ball is there. I didn't think I got mine either but after some clicking around I found em. Hope this helps you and Good Luck.

NO.,, I am sure people are mission their 500 skill points, as I am too. I have pre-ordered from amazon, D2D, gamestop and wal-mart.

My Wal-mart skill points are missing.

It is very disappointing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is from the actual pre order page on Walmart.com when it was available.

With the purchase of this Walmart Exclusive, you will receive 500 bonus skill points that will enable players to improve their characters more quickly and achieve higher proficiency levels. 500 skill points are enough to purchase 5 ranks in any Lieutenant skill. Skill Points determine a character’s abilities – damage, health, combat effectiveness, and much more, depending on how each character is created. This exclusive is especially valuable as it is the ONLY way for a player to receive bonus in game advantages.

I too have this on my account and have already posted/ticketed not getting credit for it. Hopefully they will get this worked out soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /signed

Did not get extra points from Walmart order either, on new character or existing characters. Points are not listed in the CStore. Submitting a bug ticket.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I checked the C-Store earlier, and the skill points aren't listed there for me. The first tab lists Klingon and Ferengi races for the Federation, while the second tab is blank.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also did not get mine. Only code is the product key and it did not ad the skill points. The only reason I purchased a copy from them was for the points.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also did not get my skill points.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same song and dance story here.... No skill points, yadda yadda yadda.... I placed a ticket regarding the issue and much to my dismay I've not received a response from Cryptic to indicate that they've even looked at my ticket.... Going on twenty-four hours without any sort of customer service response. Talk about disappointing. A simple "Got your ticket and we're looking into the problem" would suffice to let me know things are at least moving in some direction. This isn't a complaint, just an observation and opinion regarding the matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    no pre-order bonus here either... not going to make another captain til this issue is resolved!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mine is missing too. All I see in the 2nd tab are the ambassader and special envoy titles
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I ordered a pre-order for my cousin. He got the game, but no skill points or any other bonus items came with it. Upon looking into it i found that at walmart the boxes on the shelf are PRE-ORDER BOXES!!!!! people buying the game off the shelf are getting your skill points. This is not cryptics fault, but I think they should make it right. It IS walmarts fault!!! they sold you and me an off the shelf copy of STO, and put the pre-orders on the shelf.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i purchased the collector from walmart, no skill points, but i got the other parts from the walmart buy (red matter etc)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well... I found the follow post by Online Community Representative StormShade:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=99630&highlight=walmart&page=2
    Hey gang,

Thanks for pointing this issue out. We are aware that some of you are missing your skill points from Wal-Mart pre-orders and have identified the problem. In order to remedy this, we need you to go to our support page and open a billing support ticket so we can remedy this for you.

Before you do this, please make sure to check and ensure the C-Store does not contain your skill points. To do so, click on the down arrow attached to your minimap, select C-Store, and click on the "Special Unlocks" tab. If you pre-ordered from Wal-Mart, and have applied your retail code to your account, you should see the skill points listed there. Simply select them, and then click on the claim button. The item will show in your inventory, and then you simply need to right click on the item, and select "use" in order to gain the skill points.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Well... that's all fine and dandy and I appreciate some input/information towards some sort of direction.... but it would be freaking nice if you were able to create a ticket via the website via the Billing option as advised, but none of the links on the Billing or Technical options seem to be working... What gives?

Did you Cryptic folks step in over your head here, given the massive headaches and heartburn, and decide to shut this feature off until the 2.6 people you appear to be working customer service tickets gets caught up? I'm just asking because it's a total mystery how things in your world work... *sighs* Freaking Eggloid!!!

Did you people use Simon from American Idol as a Customer Service instructor or what?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have my retail key from walmart and my preorder key from walmart on my account still no skill points... and no dev response to my thread about it or ticket or email.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Over 3 days later and STILL no fixes or reponse to my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    J.G.Franks wrote:
    I ordered a pre-order for my cousin. He got the game, but no skill points or any other bonus items came with it. Upon looking into it i found that at walmart the boxes on the shelf are PRE-ORDER BOXES!!!!! people buying the game off the shelf are getting your skill points. This is not cryptics fault, but I think they should make it right. It IS walmarts fault!!! they sold you and me an off the shelf copy of STO, and put the pre-orders on the shelf.

This seems to be correct, walmart is selling the package with the preorder bonus in stores, and shipping the regular version. I suggest that any person who purchased the preorder through walmart to take their recipt in and exchange it for the copy they orderd. According to walmart policy they will only exchange the game as it has been opened (no refund), but that would solve the issues of the preorder bonus. Also if they give you any grief ask for a manager and go up from their until you speak to the store manager. if you need to go that far and the store manager is unavailable, go to the back of the store by the bathrooms (usually) and copy dwn the store managers direct number and call, or if you feel particularly iritated try the district managers number(daily until resolved).

as for the collectors addition, you might have to wait for them to send you another copy... hopefully the right one this time as the collectors is not sold in every store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well it's day five (5) since i submitted a ticked for the skill points. Cryptic still has not responded to it!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I did not get mine either. It appears many of us have been left unfullfilled.

It's been 6 days since I opened a ticket. They haven't even said get lost. Honestly even with a lifetime sub I'm beginning to thing every dime I invested in this game and company were a waste. The last of my friends who came over here with me just went over to Eve. It's 5 years old and as space goes it stomps STO into the dirt. For that matter so does Starwars Galaxies also a 5+ year old game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    a week after launch I get a email from walmart. And wouldn't you know it contains a key to access my 500 skill points. Already closed my support ticket.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YEP...just got the e-mail and did the activation.