test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 5, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    patch notes are on the WEBSITE

That is a NEGATIVE. Patchnotes on the website are for yesterdays patch. Not the patch for today
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Khorak wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure people will care more about the woes of Australians when they stop having a beautiful country, stable economy, winning at sports, and actually gain some modesty about all of the above instead of being really bad winners.

The rest of us are going to play some STO. Because it's raining outside and none of us have jobs. :p

Lol that's actually funny but it was the American swimmer with the freakishly sized feet that one the most gold medals for one person in the Olympics and China won overall, Americans second with the Aussie's down at 6th place. And yes, the Aussies got hit with the recession too http://www.stubbornmule.net/2008/10/australia-and-the-gfc/
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What other MMO company in the world is rotating their maintenance cycle?
    What other MMO doesn't affect someones prime time (from 5pm to around midnight)?
    Those that call 11am-1pm GMT European prime time need to go to school or find a job since that is where the wast majority is during those hours.

What other MMO company in the world is rotating their maintenance cycle?

EVERY MMO with different language servers (so the maintenance don't effect the prime time any longer)
    fact is that most players don't know it cause they only play on the server of their region (most offen it is not even possible to play on other servers without a trick...)

What other MMO doesn't affect someones prime time (from 5pm to around midnight)?

well I guess I already explained how to fix the problem for the prime time :D

Those that call 11am-1pm GMT European prime time need to go to school or find a job since that is where the wast majority is during those hours.

you should start thinking first - there is something called summer- and wintertime... anyway that doesn't mean that everyone is working at this time or at school
    and at last wake up kid you don't just run into the next company and say "hey I like to get a job where I don't have to work from TRIBBLE to TRIBBLE".... - most often you are lucky enough if you have a job...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wrote:
    So what they should do is put their scheduled maintenance during your prime time because you don't have a problem with it? I don't think so. Prime time being 8PM - 11PM.

So what is the difference if they change it from 3AM-5AM to 5AM-7AM. Does it make a difference to you? No, probably not. Does it make a difference to me and others from this time zone? Hell yes. Lets be fair though, rotate the maintenance between US/EU/Oceanic prime time because we can always reschedule our play around a what they are doing.

Please take the opportunity to be big of yourself by volunteering your prime time for their maintenance.

No, not going to happen. I thought so.

My money is as good as yours so I should be treated less because I come from a different part of the world? Good to see your as biased as every other frickin septic.

everyone has different playing times even in the same time zone,
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hiroshin wrote: »
    Come to think of it, one can only laugh about the fact, that so many <selfcensored> start yelling about the same subject on almost any MMO coming out. Grow up, get a real life or grow a frontal lobe - pretty please with sparkles.

That is because it is a legit reason for complaint by equally many on almost any MMO coming out, because those MMOs always have their downtime at basically exact same timeframe.

Im equally tired at juveniles who dismiss other peoples complaints and opinions simply because they are an annoyance to them. No arguments necessary.

Deal with it.

At least Cryptic DOESN'T employ daily downtime like for instance Eve does. Champions online doesn't come down every day. The patches will be frequent in the first 2 months though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic can shove their scheduled maintenance up their warp core.

Offline at 10pm for 4 out of about 6 nights this week.

@#$% this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to seriously chill. Games update at various times when its convenient for them. WoW updates on my one day off (yes, one day off) and I couldn't play when I was awake early morning EST. It is what it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    zapgun wrote: »
    Server downtimes are generally choosen based on server demographics and off-peak hours.. thus affecting the fewest players and producing the least amount of forum whinage. Its regrettable that this happens to be mid-day in the UK (where I am right now) and late evenings in Austrailia... but that's just the way it is.

Take heart in the fact that it won't be this way forever.. once the game settles down we should see less downtime!

Yeah, this is true but we all love letting off some steam and whining about something :D I'm in the UK off sick with the lurgee, guess I should go and get some more meds and rizla. It's been emotional...

...exiting hug to everyone I offended on this thread :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If this was Primetime.. There would be more responses on this thread we havent come close to 300 pages yet :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.

Excuse me but was there some actual ENGLISH in this post?
    Please do me a favour and close your forum account.
    You should apologise to America for even posting such TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kanemura wrote: »
    When have you ever played an AMERICAN developed, maintained, and hosted MMO that EVER EVER EVER catered to other time zones? That's right, never...

that's a bit of a xenophobic comment, don't you think?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.

You should be in prison..or at least a padded room.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I hate this, every time i've tried to play, its down.

Not saying that I don't totally understand why it's down, I will not defend it though, it is down because it was released as an unfinished product.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    that's a bit of a xenophobic comment, don't you think?

Well I didn't create the fact that American companies cater to Americans...it's just true.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    patch notes are on the WEBSITE

yesterdays patch notes,NOT TODAYS!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yzangard wrote: »
    Just one thing : almost everymajor MMO have EU and Asian servers you know...it makes the "maintenance windows" different depending which server you're on. This is a very clever thing, despite you can guess that most kids are crying because US players have new stuff before EU and Asian, etc.

But the "playtime thing" isn't something you can ignore, this is a real concern, of course it is.

I totally agree.
    They have made only one server because they fear that the game doesnt count many players after the first month of release.
    But making 2/3H of maintenance, everyday, right in the middle of the day for europeans, is not the best way to make them stay on the game...

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you all need to quit complaining, all your worried about is yourselves. you couldn't care less how many ppl get inconvenienced as long as you get what you want. ridiculous.

i can say as an american im in the same boat as all you uk/aussie players, i just got off work and im stuck here reading this TRIBBLE. give em a little time and itll be a better experience for all, not just you!

and no im not a cryptic fanboi i simply understand that they were not willing to spend more on a product than they projected to profit.. show your support and give em a little time. they will either come around or they wont but these useless posts are not helping anyone, its no wonder the dev's are nowhere to be seen on here they have nothing to gain from the likes of you all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    stevles wrote: »
    You should apologise to America for even posting such TRIBBLE.

Actually i understood every word and thought this was very funny.. guess you couldnt read past his accent. :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    stevles wrote: »

raving loonies like the aussie i quoted for threatening cryptic with legal action because repair down time doesnt suit him never read a TOS agreement and are extreemly tard. and im not an aussie, i have a lifetime so eat me, and mind your own buisness unless im quoting you with bandi power attacks, next time start the forum read from the begining and you would already be familiuar with the TRIBBLE i was quoting. jackhole
    and many thanks Vash you are understandable as well.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually i understood every word and thought this was very funny.. guess you couldnt read past his accent. :P

Yeah, this is the problem with rednecks. The dribble frothing from his mouth probably doesnt help.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dabonka wrote:
    That is a NEGATIVE. Patchnotes on the website are for yesterdays patch. Not the patch for today

Soooo... they cant give you patch notes for today cause THEY ARE PATCHING
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just 2 hours and 15 mins left :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm this thread has is getting close to turning into a free for all of Jingoism and US bashing so lets take a step back. Patch days are a pain in the TRIBBLE , not being able to play due to bugs or downed servers is worse , so being the lesser of two evils most MMO players put up with downtime.The game is only at launch so there's going to be loads of fixing going on in the background , so we're seeing way more than (hopefully) we will when the game settles down a bit.
    However..
    The thing most of the non US posters are asking for is to have ROTATED maintenance , which means every market has one turn at having a downtime during peak hours.The servers may be based in the US but the company is quite happy to accept money worldwide , so aren't players from other regions entitled to the same level of service for their monthly sub ?(or lifetime payment?), {and not to make too much of a point of it,us "foreign" types monthly sub is actually higher , even before you take into account taxes etc, I know the UK/EU one is , God only knows what the Aussies pay!) .
    I love the idea of a shared server , I've already been talking to a few people from the US in game as well as Europeans and it's great, but the downside to this server as opposed to regional ones is that someone's always going to have the shi.....er...short end of the .stick , all most of us are asking for is that its done fairly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have to weigh in with hoping that these patch windows become less frequent. American, to boot. I understand that this is a new game, so patches are going to be in high supply... but I'm amongst those whose play periods are being completely wiped out by this frequent patching.

What can you do, eh? Time to go play Dragon Age I suppose.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Soooo... then its plan B they were fixing their previous patch, therefor do not require notes OR they added more hardware.

There will be patch notes most likely when the game comes up...that's how it was yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    raving loonies like the aussie i quoted for threatening cryptic with legal action because repair down time doesnt suit him never read a TOS agreement and are extreemly tard. and im not an aussie, i have a lifetime so eat me, and mind your own buisness unless im quoting you with bandi power attacks, next time start the forum read from the begining and you would already be familiuar with the TRIBBLE i was quoting. jackhole

Lol, First of all I did read the forum from the beginning.
    Secondly, there is no excuse for having no grammar, punctuation, spelling or even a general grasp of the english language.
    After all this is an ENGLISH ONLY forum.
    Mind my own business?
    I'm fairly sure that the last time I looked this was actually a public forum.
    Everything anyone says, becomes THEIR business.
    You can't even form a response without resulting to petty insults.
    Intelligence? I think not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If STO was the maiden voyage of the Enterprise... the second it left spacedock the hull breaches would kill every crew member.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yay a patch!!! The last patch was awesome! Fixed alot of stuff... keep it up cryptic, you must be working very very hard, to produce these bug fix patchs so frequenty.. My hat is off to you! keep up the good work! Cant wait to play when the servers come back up :)

An extra hour to upgrade the warp core? Is this new hardware I smell? yippeee!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kanemura wrote: »
    There will be patch notes most likely when the game comes up...that's how it was yesterday.

I retracted and restated ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Still, I think it'd be better if they released the patch notes before and during the downtime.

It'd give us something to talk about other than stupidly insulting each others' countries.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    they cant give you patch notes for today due to the fact that they are doing them at the moment. They cant give you a list until they know which patches have been done. If they havent given you a patch note its cause they were fixing or retracting a previous patch or installing new hardware.. always a bonus :)
    Now that's just funny, and so wrong it hurts.

If they are installing a patch today, they darn well had better know what is in it. No way could my company release a patch and say "We'll tell you what is in it after you install it."

That'd just be suicide with the customers we have.

Now this is a game, so they can do what they want. But to say they can't tell us what is in the patch they are releasing is a nonsensical statement.
This discussion has been closed.