Cryptic dont LIE to your customers please

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Geekboy wrote: »
    My IQ is 7 so ignore everything I say

This is all you wrote over and over again, why did you feel the need to share this?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Krussian wrote:
    That's because LOTRO'S player base never peaked over 500k I'm guessing. I would be surprised to find more than 250,000 now. The servers were smooth because no one (relative to wow, star wars, star trek) was on them.

275K people at the last data set. And apparantly thats as high as they ever went.
    PEOPLE!!!

IT WAS A FRIGGIN PATCH!!!!

No one lied to you.

The server didn't crash.

It was a damn patch.

Who gives a **** about what country you're from when you're all a bunch of filthy space aliens.

Geeez

Freakin kids are drawn to this game or something.

Which makes it WORSE - it means they CHOSE to take the servers down in EU prime time AGAIN for the 4th day in a row.

If they dont want EU customes they can just tell us - but people wont pay for a game which is for ever down in their prime time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    USSZenica wrote:
    This is all you wrote over and over again, why did you feel the need to share this?

Your "burn" was lame and you're a whiny baby. You're throwing a fit about a server going down before the game officially launched. It's bad enough you're whining about a video game being inaccessible for a few hours, but you have additional factors that make this even more lamer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Greetings friends. I'm going to help you here. Please use this thread as tool to decide who to put on ignore. Most of the people you want to ignore are right here.

Now, you might ask me; which ones?

Well kids, that depends upon which side of the great divide you are standing on right now!

You know in your heart who you agree with. You know the names now.

Ignore away.

Note that I have not made this decision for you. Oh no. It's up to you.

Let's see just how many people we can have on our ignore list.

Or we could speak to each other like decent people...

No that couldn't work.

Let's ignore EVERYONE!!!!

P.S. there are no lies. The LIE is a lie. And when i say that, I'm lieing. Trust me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Maidel wrote: »
    Which makes it WORSE - it means they CHOSE to take the servers down in EU prime time AGAIN for the 4th day in a row.

If they dont want EU customes they can just tell us - but people wont pay for a game which is for ever down in their prime time.

Seriously cry more.

Does it realy matter that they take down the servers at 11am-1pm GMT while everyone is at work/school? You call that prime time? LOL
    If you can't be without STO for 2 hours now and then, then you need to contact a doctor or go out more.

I live in Europe as well so I am also affected by it, but guess what. They can't please everyone.

Other MMOs takes down the servers a 3pm-5pm GMT or even later once a week, but no one is complaining so why complain when Cryptic is working in the middle of the night to affect as few as posible (don't know what time maintenance hits in Australia)?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously cry more.

Does it realy matter that they take down the servers at 11am-1pm GMT while everyone is at work/school? You call that prime time? LOL
    If you can't be without STO for 2 hours now and then, then you need to contact a doctor or go out more.

I live in Europe as well so I am also affected by it, but guess what. They can't please everyone.

Other MMOs takes down the servers a 3pm-5pm GMT or even later once a week, but no one is complaining so why complain when Cryptic is working in the middle of the night to affect as few as posible (don't know what time maintenance hits in Australia)?

you bring a point "Prime time" is usually considered to be the time shortly after people get off work to the time they go to bed. Last I had heard that was roughly 5pm to midnight. Not 11am to 1pm when people are at work, in school, etc. More importantly, most MMOs last I checked, tend to be based on US times for their maintinence, meaning they fall mid days for most EU areas, this is still not "Prime time" by any means.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shotmagnet wrote:
    you bring a point "Prime time" is usually considered to be the time shortly after people get off work to the time they go to bed. Last I had heard that was roughly 5pm to midnight. Not 11am to 1pm when people are at work, in school, etc. More importantly, most MMOs last I checked, tend to be based on US times for their maintinence, meaning they fall mid days for most EU areas, this is still not "Prime time" by any means.

Read the post that I quoted.

I meant the same thing as you that 11am to 1pm isn't prime time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Corinthar wrote: »
    I'm this close to throwing mty toys out the pram now. This is the fourth day when the servers are unavailable to me. Prime time EU and no servers AGAIN. Cryptic need to learn that the world does not revolv around the US of fracking A.

Idiots.

Do learn to exercise some patience, it's not about revolving around the USA at all! STO just launched, they're still tweaking the servers, which is a stage that all MMO's go through at live launch! You can't just flick a switch on a server cluster for a MMO and have it run, there are constant tweaks, even more tweaks once more capacity is added.

They are more players than capacity ATM, servers are under a lot of stress come peak times for USA and EU, they've already given you a clear indication they're upgrading the cap this weekend, the servers downtime should calm down in to the next week so just stop your QQ! Learn to take disappointment on the chin, it helps build character!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously cry more.

Erm - no - during headstart the servers went down between 9.30pm and 12pm GMT EVERY night.

Like most working europeans you are right - 11am would not bother me in the slightest.

However, as a working person, who then has to ALSO study in the evenings, the couple of hours I have free were screwed ever night.

However - its rather redundant as cryptic seems to have sorted their act and its not going down anymore.
This discussion has been closed.