test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Critical Show Stopper? For many, perhaps...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
From a programming perspective I understand the necessity of having limits and caps set in any game, but why has Cryptic decided to provide us with a crippled 3D environment for a space game especially one titled STO?

Yes, we have the limits of height, width and depth, but not the freedom of true 3D maneuvering. We have full 360 degree yaw control but are limited to roughly 90 degrees for both pitch and roll. The only place in game where there is full and true 3D control is in the Starship Customization window.

For me, it will unfortunately never truly feel like Star Trek with out the capability of full 3D maneuvering, including the famous z-axis control employed by Kirk against Khan in ST II: WoK.

Don't get me wrong here I do enjoy the game immensely, I'm just asking Cryptic for their rational thoughts on the topic.

Otherwise there are a few bugs like the one I experienced last night with a mission whereby I had to beam down to a planet alone to plant charges at some Klingon structures but the charges in my inventory were non-interactive other then to get rid of them, I couldn't use them as they were intended.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree, It seems silly to have to spiral my way up or down to a target, VERY immersion breaking. maybe at the very least, make it less constraining so we dont have to spiral?

P.S. also loving the game
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It bothers me a lot too. But a Dev said it would need a lot of reprogramming to make it full 3D.

So as i suggested before already: allow 90° up and down, that wouldnt need a lot of change.