test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connecting To Account Server...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I could swear I thought they said they'd fixed the Account Server's issues.

Well, I'm still getting stuck at it. All I can do is pray that, once I'm past it, I can actually spend some time ingame before a random DC gets me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nope I'm stuck here too

Connecting to the account server....

back to login screen

back to login screen

If the game didn't drop us about 25% of the time in between maps it wouldn't be such a fail.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is all i've been getting since last night. Didn't have this problem in Beta.

picard-facepalm2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, just got DCed, spent the last 10 minutes unable to get back in...

Sigh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Now onto 20 minutes... It's never taken more than five before.

Again, sigh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ya, everything was going great for a while, then 15-20 mins ago it all went to hell.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, I got in for half an hour...

Then got kicked, back to getting stuck at the Account Server BS.

I love this game, which makes my inability to play it all the more frustrating.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm currently experiencing the same thing.... have never before seen it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    having the same problem since start of headstart. gettin rather sick of it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tsohg76 wrote: »
    having the same problem since start of headstart. gettin rather sick of it

Yep....that pretty much sums it up for me. I don't mind throwing away 60 bucks and not getting anything in return until a month or so later, but that usually applies when someone buys something they see on TV and you need to allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Wait a second....I just got what Cryptic is doing!

"Hey folks! You like MMO's? You like Star Trek? Well, I have just the game for you! Hi......I'm Vince Shlomi, and I'm here to tell you all about Cryptic's Star Trek online. Act now and I'll throw in your very own STFU membership to go with hours upon hours of frustration trying to connect to a game that should have spent another month or so in development!"

Cryptic....get it fixed before Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just like the old Enterprise-B. "The new servers...won't be installed until Tuesday." (We hope!)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Joshmaul wrote:
    Just like the old Enterprise-B. "The new servers...won't be installed until Tuesday." (We hope!)

Haha, wouldn't that be ironic? All the same, this reminds me a lot of WoW's launch. This game is packing more players than were predicted, so naturally things are going to bottleneck, no matter how good the servers are. WoW went through it, too, and they've still 10+ mil subscribers. I doubt STO will ever see that number, but we otherwise have a pretty darn fun game. Be patient, and things will smoothen out. There's no such thing as a "perfect world" in network programming.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    comon guys 24 hours before release and still the bloody SERVER NOT RESPONDIING thing evry time i try to log in. I HAVE PRE OREDERED THIS FOR A REASON. For Garunteed acsess to the head start & open beta, In total i have played star trek online for 30! minutes. this is not aceptable from cryptic, especaly a game which has been in development for nearly 2 years. not to mention all the feed back about THIS problem from the OPEN BETA perioid. HOW CAN YOU NOT FIX THIS?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Agree with all of you on the part(s):
    - getting really annoying

- I pre-ordered so I can play headstart, not sit at my computer and spend the next half hour trying to get in or putting something on my enter button and walk away only to notice the theres "Maintenance" starting...

- Getting disconnected from map change/system change to have to start the half hour or longer login time.

- There was less of these issues when it was Beta... *What Happened*? :confused:

~> I mean sure they didnt have to give us Headstart.... but you might as well not even offer it/say anything about it when you cannot log on to log some time in on you character(s).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Disconnection issues are HORRENDOUS :mad: Happens to me in no other game, so clearly a STO issue
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, I got in for half an hour...

Then got kicked, back to getting stuck at the Account Server BS.

I love this game, which makes my inability to play it all the more frustrating.

Exactly my experiences and sentiment. I just wish the servers would work correctly and once we go into the game we weren't dropped anytime we try to zone from one place to the next. I have not been able to play the game for more than ten minutes at a time before I get disconnected. I sure hope this gets better eventually..

Those ten minutes were awesome though! ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But it still takes away the head start time that was given to us Pre-Orderers, and now we're DOWN for maintenance
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My friend is getting this problem. The odd thing is I am not having this problem, and we're both connecting off the same internet connection. So i'm wondering if it's a setting somewhere?

What do you guys have set for the proxy option? Mine is set to none, his was set to US. I just had him change it to none and he got in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't matter whether I try US or None, I still get connection issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmm, weird. maybe it was just a fluke that he got in when he changed it to none. Seems weird though that so far i keep getting in without any problems. So far ;p