test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2gig patch? "Not worthy of patch notes"

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Seriously? Or is my install TRIBBLE with me again, but i'm having to DL 2gig, both through steam and my backed up copy in case steam TRIBBLE me again.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There seems to be lack of release notes in many patches. I would think that all should have some kind of explanation what they do.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beraskus wrote:
    Seriously? Or is my install TRIBBLE with me again, but i'm having to DL 2gig, both through steam and my backed up copy in case steam TRIBBLE me again.

There is no current 2gb update. How long has it been since you last updated?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    2 gig? And no patch notes?

Are you sure...? :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just a 132MB patch here, but no patch notes, too.
    It's great to see them fixing stuff, but at least letting us know what it is they're patching would be helpful, too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The patch this morning was 138mbs. I dunno what you are downloading. But next time lets figure out if its you or Cryptic before posting an accusatory thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TRIBBLE.... I seriously just logged off 5 min before maintinence what the hell is going on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ruivo wrote:
    There is no current 2gb update. How long has it been since you last updated?

There have been 130+ MB patches pretty much every day since headstart.

So people that haven't updated since OB or haven't been in OB at all, have quite a lot to download and patch.

Jer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    RyanW wrote:
    The patch this morning was 138mbs. I dunno what you are downloading. But next time lets figure out if its you or Cryptic before posting an accusatory thread.

This thread was mostly to check if something was wrong on my end, because I didn't believe cryptic would do something like this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My gues:

There is no patchnotes as the verson that in now live is counted as 1.00, as its the oficial release.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So any ideas as to why my game just suddenly up and decided it needed to patch 2gig?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There were patch notes in the announcement thread in the Federation News Network. All the patch was this morning was some back ground server stuff for the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    out of curiosity, what is everyone's current size of your STO folder? If you would be so kind.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    7.91gb here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    stAyErC wrote:
    7.91gb here

I have the same... yet my game feels the need to patch 2gig... the hell.... My day keeps getting worse and worse.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey everyone, Cryptic made and entire forum section just for patch notes. Check there.

Oh, wait.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beraskus wrote:

Right click the game in steam and tell Steam never to update it again.
    Make a shortcut to the launcher from your steam folder.
    Use the launcher to update your game.
    And just in case there's something screwy on your end that you have control over, verify your files.
    Hit options in the launcher and force it to verify before you play.

I had the same problems as you, and this fixed it for me.
    I hope it helps you too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beraskus wrote:
    out of curiosity, what is everyone's current size of your STO folder? If you would be so kind.

I have found that when it says how big the patch is it also includes what is being deleted as well so if they replace a 1 Gig file they say it is a 2 gig patch but you are only downloading 1 gig worth of data. Not always true but true for the most part. Also when the patch is these 128 MB patches it is usually a non content type patch and is more of a server side issues but because their is a change they have to sync it up with our clients and thus the patch. Of course they could save about 500 post a day if they would release this info.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    denare wrote: »
    Right click the game in steam and tell Steam never to update it again.
    Make a shortcut to the launcher from your steam folder.
    Use the launcher to update your game.
    And just in case there's something screwy on your end that you have control over, verify your files.
    Hit options in the launcher and force it to verify before you play.

I had the same problems as you, and this fixed it for me.
    I hope it helps you too.

I already run my game seperate from steam so that's not an issue, and I just ran a verify and it still wants to patch... damn, thanks for trying anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    8,530,919,064 bytes here with no screenshots.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Stormnut wrote: »
    I have found that when it says how big the patch is it also includes what is being deleted as well so if they replace a 1 Gig file they say it is a 2 gig patch but you are only downloading 1 gig worth of data. Not always true but true for the most part. Also when the patch is these 128 MB patches it is usually a non content type patch and is more of a server side issues but because their is a change they have to sync it up with our clients and thus the patch. Of course they could save about 500 post a day if they would release this info.

yeah but the download timer showing the % is acting like i'm DLing 1gig... or should I be expecting it to suddenly jump forward?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Btw I've noticed that the figure quoted in the patcher doesn't actually reflect the size of the patch. You'll notice that it will suddenly jump up when its partly the way through. Consider it an amount it has to scan for a possible patch, not necessarily the size of the patch itself.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why cant people distinguish between apatch and "VERIFYING"

CANCEL IT AND THEN PRESS ENGAGE

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LostMK wrote: »
    Why cant people distinguish between apatch and "VERIFYING"

CANCEL IT AND THEN PRESS ENGAGE

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

That was the absolute first thing I tried.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Beraskus wrote:
    yeah but the download timer showing the % is acting like i'm DLing 1gig... or should I be expecting it to suddenly jump forward?

Yes it will jump.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The patcher is a mess. Sometimes when its not even halfway done it says finished patching and lets me play the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how big is the patch really? if it's only the 100+megs it's not much..bit of content maybe and some kind of fix
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    With so many patches and no patch notes I cant help but wonder how Cryptic doesnt understand why people say they have poor communication with the community.

It seems obvious to me why, amongst other things.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok i'm going to wait till I have something like 200 meg recieved... then i'll freak out again if it doesn't speed up.

I'm also keeping an eye on my internet usage and it is indeed DLing files, not just verifying.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    With so many patches and no patch notes I cant help but wonder how Cryptic doesnt understand why people say they have poor communication with the community.

It seems obvious to me why, amongst other things.

I can see why it's poor atm. I suppose they are working hard to get worst problems fixed asap, sacrificing communication time atm.

That's atleast what i would do if i had so many bugs and issues around.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok it's at lke 250mb recieved and still going slow.... Freaking out. :(
This discussion has been closed.