test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extrem lag and rubberbanding since last downtime

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Been having alot of lag and rubberbanding since the last downtime. The worst I have seen for this game so far. IS anyone else having the same problem?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes, I have am always getting pings of over 2500 all the time now. Game is totally unplayable
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Me too...I got disconnected twice before quitting, but while I was in game, all I got was extreme rubberbanding. To the point that I would get thrown nearly all the way across the sector.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Extreme rubberbanding: I've had "chain" rubberbanding happen. Jump back once, move forward a little bit, and end up jumping back more than I'd moved forward. Chat is also being delayed.
    I'm also getting frequent "server not responding" errors, and if they go on for long enough I get disconnected. All of the error messages co-inside with zero incoming traffic on the game client. I'm also getting disconnected loading the game maps.

Yesterday, and for a brief time this morning (note that I'm in NZ, which is +13 GMT) it was fine, but has been unplayable for the hour or so preceding the downtime earlier today, and has persisted afterwards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sort it out FFS Cryptic., or at least tell us you are doing something. I hate to stress, but in Beta all I did was fleet actions, I LOVED them, now I've done one. Everytime I try and do anything with other people I just rubberband like mad. To top it off, I can't even use EU proxy. SOOOO frustrating :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    extreme lag and rubberbanding here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same here, kinda sucks trying to postion yourself in combat when u rubberband out of range
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same problem. Not even close to playable at this point. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ever since the .14 update the game has almost been unplayable for me.

After character creation I was disconnected a dozen times when it tried to load maps.
    If it did load I received a red pop up box asking me if I wanted to continue. Pressing that did nothing.
    Continuous Server not responding messages.
    Constant rubberbanding.
    It's taken me at least an hour to get from character creation to the security officer that will give me my first BO.

Perhaps it's an internet problem? Maybe there's a weak link between the servers and Phoenix. (shrug)

At this very time I am stuck at the Pick a BO section of the tutorial.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Been having alot of lag and rubberbanding since the last downtime. The worst I have seen for this game so far. IS anyone else having the same problem?

Yes had this problem is such a bad way with no apparently way to deal with it (including Cryptic support tickets) that I've now requested a refund.

See the related thread here, it may help your situation.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89200

(I'm still hopeful someone solves my problem):(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Are you guys using Cox Communications by chance? I've been having the same problem, but I found that the problem holds true for any website or online service. It turns out a fiber optic cable (main obviously) was damaged earlier today resulting in very sluggish performance for customers in California, Nevada and Arizona.

Bummer :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Absolutely unplayable right now. Whatever they broke, I hope they fix it. I rubberband so much on ground missions it looks like im drunk. In space its constant back and forth, and lets not discount the disconnects everytime I zone.

edit:and I am on Cox cable...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry for the double post, but I actually work for Cox Cable here in Las Vegas and I was able to confirm a few things.

Yes, a fiber was lost.

The result is line test results like this:
    http://www.pingtest.net/result/9445341.png

The estimated time of repair is 1:00 am PST, 5 hours from now.

This is effecting California, Nevada and Arizona.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thefrayl wrote: »
    Are you guys using Cox Communications by chance? I've been having the same problem, but I found that the problem holds true for any website or online service. It turns out a fiber optic cable (main obviously) was damaged earlier today resulting in very sluggish performance for customers in California, Nevada and Arizona.

Bummer :(

Ah this may be my problem. I have noticed some other things being slow and I live in Las Vegas. Lame! :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That might explain alot,I'm in Glendale,AZ and use Cox for my cable,phone,and internet. Is anyone else in The Arizona/Nevada/California area having the same problems?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That might explain alot,I'm in Glendale,AZ and use Cox for my cable,phone,and internet. Is anyone else in The Arizona/Nevada/California area having the same problems?

I'm to your East in Phoenix and Yes, I'm using COX.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have Cox internet as well in Tucson. Having all the same lag issues as the rest of you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xitium wrote:
    Yes, a fiber was lost.

The result is line test results like this:
    http://www.pingtest.net/result/9445341.png

The estimated time of repair is 1:00 am PST, 5 hours from now.
    This is effecting California, Nevada and Arizona.

hahahahaha. Thank GOD. Here's my results going toward Colorado.

9447495.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    For any West Coast Users of Cox internet - the main fiber link from AZ to CA was cut today. NV, AZ and CA are being rerouted and lost packets are the result.

http://support.cox.com/sdcxuser/asp/cox_networkstatus.asp?refresh=true&state=Nevada&showfuture=0

or follow on dslreports: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23737944-LA-Router-Problem~start=40

edit - huzzah for not reading page 2. D'oh.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's not the cox cable...it's the last update..I have fios and the game ran great before the last update.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    spacewitch wrote: »
    It's not the cox cable...it's the last update..I have fios and the game ran great before the last update.

It is the cox cable...quit trying to blame this particular problem on Cryptic. They have enough issues to worry about without you throwing a service provider's line problems on to their STO plate.

Plenty of links have been provided to show that there is in fact an outage for Cox west coast users. Try reading some that information instead of spiling your haterade.

Just in case, here they are again:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23737944-LA-Router-Problem~start=40

http://support.cox.com/sdcxuser/asp/cox_networkstatus.asp?refresh=true&state=Nevada&showfuture=0
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Look I live on the east coast and have had very bad lag in the game since head start started...So before u start saying its Cox...u should read the foums...alot of people are have this problem and no one is even trying to address it.
    If your game is working great..lucky u.
    But I want what I paid for...A WORKING GAME!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I've been getting massive lag from anything involving more than a patrol mission, and I live on the east coast.

As soon as the klingon battle group appears outside starbase 24 I start rubberbanding everywhere.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The Cox issue is resolved.