Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    shuttle ftw
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think a nicer way to do this since it's a regional place like Del Taco in the future would be if the cups came with 2 codes. One code would give the shuttle and the other code would give the time. This would allow people near a Del Taco to share the shuttle code with those who are not and still if they wanted to use the time part of it, keep it for themselves. I say this because I was lucky to get 2 people to send me codes and used them but now thinking about it, I thought it's too bad I couldn't pass the shuttle part of the code on the second to someone also not near a Del Taco. I got 4 days and a shuttle so I am not trying to get any other codes atm.

If Cryptic was able to work with say Taco Bell/KFC/Pizza Hut or Burger King or McDonald's instead, this wouldn't even matter but with a small company like Del Taco that is barely in 1/5 of the states in the US, it could have worked out smoother with 2 codes on each cup. Also lifers who don't need the days from the cups could share the days one even on their first cup they would have used for the shuttle.

Cryptic, that would have been even sending a friend 2 day pass to try the game in areas there is no Del Taco to introduce them to the game and maybe become customers. Like if someone who lives in California already knows the game and getting it, could send his friend in say Canada a 2 day pass code to use. Canada friend likes the game and subs. Guess what? Another customer for you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bantacoo wrote:
    too bad cryptic dont promote healthy food chain instead of garbage to its already sick gamers...a bit irresponsible marketing i say.

I like you. You have to have a realy big pair to come in here trying to get people like us to realy care about the vegan lifestyle. I myself am a CARIVORE so deal with it friend.

[Edit] Feel free to complain about issues that frankly don't concern you I'll just sit here eating my Medium Rare T-Bone and Season Fries. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    JalenTigh wrote: »
    Thats great... Your doing a special promo with a REGIONAL fast food joint that half of America has never heard of. Did the national joints turn you down?

I have like five of these codes thanks to an Aunt who loves Del taco in Denver.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    S31 wrote:
    I'm not sure if someone has already posted this, but if they haven't, someone certainly SHOULD HAVE by now:

Firstly, I live right around the corner from a Del Taco (aaaahhh, the beautiful American West), so this is not an issue for me. I've already bought my macho-sized drink for the type-8 shuttle pet. :-)

BUT, in case you UK goobers were not aware, you CAN get this pet in the UK, at one store, called Gamestation (you must buy a copy of the game, though, _unlike_ the Del Taco promotion).

Here's a link for you:

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/PC-Games/Star-Trek-Online-The-Gold-Edition/~r418414/

Silly people, read the retail page FAQ. In fact, I knew it was available in the UK before I knew it was ALSO available right around the corner from me at Del Taco. :D

Since I have numerous relatives in the UK, I thought it my "duty" to inform you ****s of your options...;-)

***UPDATE: Strangely when I click on the link in my post, the advert does not mention the type-8 shuttle; HOWEVER, when I click on the link from the Star Trek Online _retail FAQ_ page for the bonuses (for this particular store), it DOES still advertise the type-8 shuttle as a bonus, as well. And the Star Trek Online site still lists it as the bonus item for Gamestation in the UK. All very strange -- perhaps they abruptly stopped offering the type-8 shuttle as a store-exclusive bonus item. :-/

Those who pre-ordered from there get a shuttle but not the Type 8.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    cordane wrote: »
    I have like five of these codes thanks to an Aunt who loves Del taco in Denver.

Over here please! :D

Um... I have an aunt. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Mikus wrote:
    Over here please! :D

Um... I have an aunt. :(

same here! :eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    just an observation but there seems to be an awful lot of Cryptic bashing going on in the forums at the moment.

These guys have setup unique deals with just about every major VG retailer (digital and physical) to allow us to get our own 'special' custom game content.

They've also tied up with a little known fast food provider to give away some other stuff for free.

This 2nd promotion has been so successful that people are buying fizzy pop hundreds of litres at a time just to get the codes, others (myself included) are paying people continents away their costs of getting codes for us.

That the Del Taco promotion has gained this much attention, so far away from the geography of the company providing the offer is nothing short of incredible and represents a huge success for the marketing teams on both sides (Del Taco and Cryptic).

And I'm sure Cryptic would have loved to work with McDonalds or Burgere King but they were probably too busy with the latest movie tie-ins to wnat to work on a video game promo.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gonzoxl5 wrote: »
    just an observation but there seems to be an awful lot of Cryptic bashing going on in the forums at the moment.

These guys have setup unique deals with just about every major VG retailer (digital and physical) to allow us to get our own 'special' custom game content.

They've also tied up with a little known fast food provider to give away some other stuff for free.

This 2nd promotion has been so successful that people are buying fizzy pop hundreds of litres at a time just to get the codes, others (myself included) are paying people continents away their costs of getting codes for us.

That the Del Taco promotion has gained this much attention, so far away from the geography of the company providing the offer is nothing short of incredible and represents a huge success for the marketing teams on both sides (Del Taco and Cryptic).

And I'm sure Cryptic would have loved to work with McDonalds or Burgere King but they were probably too busy with the latest movie tie-ins to wnat to work on a video game promo.

Did you know however that buying those codes from an unauthorized source can put your STO account in jeopardy. Just like the buying and selling of gold/credits from credit farmers which are already set up for this game sadly.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I want the Shuttle! Sucks we dont have any Del Tacos in KY. Anyone have any extra code let me know. I need to shuttle my captain to StarFleet Medical fo heart sugery;) TNG episode;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HAHA!

Most of the population isn't near a Del Taco.

http://www.deltaco.com/index.php?page=7
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The only Del Taco in the Mid West (in Chicago) is out of Business and quite recently I might add....That was a wasted trip.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    syberghost wrote: »
    One code for the shuttle; all four cups gets you the maximum amount of free trial time, but you only need one for the shuttle.

Do you know what dates each of the 4 cups will be on sale at the stores?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    None at all in the UK, so we loose out again. :(
    Why didnt they partner McD's or BK or Walmart something with a few more locations and less hassle. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sebula_UK wrote:
    None at all in the UK, so we loose out again. :(
    Why didnt they partner McD's or BK or Walmart something with a few more locations and less hassle. :(

You in the UK didn't lose out.. the Shuttle is one of the Pre-Order bonuses you can get

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/PC-Games/Star-Trek-Online-The-Gold-Edition-with-Gamestation-Exclusive-Downloadable-Starfleet-Shuttle/~r418414/

It happens to be the same shuttle offered by Del Taco.

However I find it sad that it is no longer a UK Exclusive Item.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey would anyone be able to get me a Del Taco code for the pet ship? I wish we had Del Taco in New Zealand :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did you know however that buying those codes from an unauthorized source can put your STO account in jeopardy. Just like the buying and selling of gold/credits from credit farmers which are already set up for this game sadly.

erm, no I didn't - thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You in the UK didn't lose out.. the Shuttle is one of the Pre-Order bonuses you can get

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/Games/PC-Games/Star-Trek-Online-The-Gold-Edition-with-Gamestation-Exclusive-Downloadable-Starfleet-Shuttle/~r418414/

It happens to be the same shuttle offered by Del Taco.

However I find it sad that it is no longer a UK Exclusive Item.

Yes - now it's a UK/ California exclusive item, apparently. (So far the only people posting they have ever been to this place seem to be from there!)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rekhan wrote:
    We're teaming up with the folks at Del Taco to give away a special, in-game shuttle pet. If you visit a participating Del Taco and order a Macho soda, you'll receive a code, which you can redeem for a free Type-8 shuttle in-game. For more information, visit our Del Taco promotional page.

Link to the news article.
    WTF is a "Del Taco"? :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's a thousand miles to the nearest Del Taco. Will you be running that promo with other fast food places?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    <snip>But yeah tad dissapointed at marketing for STO. It's either in a certain area at times. It's one thing to be giving promos to your country, but only about 30-50% of it lol....? No logic here. :confused:

As I stated before Burger King/McDonalds are EVERYWHERE, so the US and Europe would of gotten a chance at this if it was one of those instead of this Del Taco... *Raise Eyebrow* :eek:</snips>

I doubt it would have mattered much anyways on the European side of the fence if the offer was for McDonalds or Burger King because it would have most likely applied only to the states. Oh and I think I just found the cheap side of myself - I shouldn't be happy about it but I can't help and smirk when I hear *Americans* complaining because usually when we Europeans do we are told to "deal with it", "stop crying" and that "it's not that big of an issue, it's just <insert ingame reward here>" by our American "friends". So yeah, it's not that big of an issue, it's just ingame pet! Deal with it! We aren't getting it either. ;)

(phew now that I've gotten that out of my system): my play.com order of (regular) edition of STO has release date of 12/02/2010 so I'm sure I can find something to complain about too while y'all are playing the game. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I doubt it would have mattered much anyways on the European side of the fence if the offer was for McDonalds or Burger King because it would have most likely applied only to the states. Oh and I think I just found the cheap side of myself - I shouldn't be happy about it but I can't help and smirk when I hear *Americans* complaining because usually when we Europeans do we are told to "deal with it", "stop crying" and that "it's not that big of an issue, it's just <insert ingame reward here>" by our American "friends". So yeah, it's not that big of an issue, it's just ingame pet! Deal with it! We aren't getting it either. ;)

(phew now that I've gotten that out of my system): my play.com order of (regular) edition of STO has release date of 12/02/2010 so I'm sure I can find something to complain about too while y'all are playing the game. :D

Actualy there are many McDonalds chains worldwide includeing in Europe & Asia.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    man, i wish we had a del taco in holland,

anybody who had codes double or extra's plz PM me it

tnx
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Guess we need to get Taco Bell, or KFC to hook it up!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

How so if you don't give the person any of your account information and you are putting in the code at STO's official site? How does that expose your account to them? Gold sellers and PL'ers are a risk if they have to have any of your account information which PL'ers do basically. So enlighten us how does this expose our accounts?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can anyone advise what is the difference between Del Taco promotion 'A' and promotion 'B', are they difference type of shuttles.

Del Taco should of let you buy the code on line for the same price as the 'Macho Drink' $2.07 {US}, they would of made a lot of Trek fans happy and made a lot of money.

Oh well I am sure there will be lots of tech device pets.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Guess we need to get Taco Bell, or KFC to hook it up!

Well, someone (from Cryptic) should contact YUM brands in Louisville, Kentucky to "Make It So" ... YUM owns Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Another case of California = the world. Nice to think globally.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i got the shuttle code and i gotta say it's pretty worthless. sorry cryptic, but it's true.

30 second animation of a shuttlecraft you can barely see. that's it. it's not a "pet" that follows you around/fights with you/helps you/anything. it's just a useless animation. at least it cost less than $2.