test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Path to 2409: 2379-2380 (August 28, 2008)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, it looks like trouble is brewing. Unless things improve, we're gonna have our work cut out for us in the early 25th Century. God be with us!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Starfleet, let alone the Federation, has never been afraid of a little work. I mean, for this game to be engaging I think we'll need to have a conflict. Is it the Dominion coming in for round two? Do we have a new alien race threatening the Federation? Are the Borg back with new assimilation technology? There are so many options. Maybe the Romulans have united with Cardassia. We know Cardassians need help right now and have lashed out both at Bajor and the Federation in the past. The Romulans may have taken some help in settling its coup but overall it was an internal matter that remains unresolved at this point. Perhaps that internal strife will spill out to the Klingon Empire as well as Federation space. This is a very exciting time, with more excitement to come. I don't know about anyone else...but I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have my doubts that the Romulans will turn on the Federation and forge an alliance with the Cardassians. If you read the Titan books which picks up right after Nemesis you'll find out that the Romulans have a new government that they are trying to make work with the help of the Federation (Cpt. Riker of the USS Titan). So I think the Federation will try to keep their relationship with the Romulans after they are done helping them. Also you are forgetting the movement on Romulus that was lead by Ambassador Spock which in the Titan books has thousands of followers.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    nice Read keep up the good work
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm curious, can you tell us who wrote this piece of the expanded history?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I enjoy hearing about the marvelous adventures in Geopolitique.. It is the core and soul of the Empire..
    But as a worm in an Apple core.. It festers and developed a bad spot that is either trimmed or discarded.. at a price.. " as an old earth philosopher once said?
    Or One Bad Apple Can Spoil the whole bunch"
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Black_Watch_slim.png
    PS The Romulan Empire survives that's just what we do.. So expect the federations desire to end suffering
    by helping others to work to a temporary advantage.. to off set Klingon militanism.. after all after the Klingon's blew up their own moon fuel station using slave labour worst then the remuains outdated power plant designs was the federation that took in the widows and orphans?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I really enjoyed the story of post Nemesis. However,how did the Federation fare after the Dominion War. As far as resources and the cost of fighting a war, are they hurting as much as Cardassia? How many casualties did the Federation suffer? What is the economic status of the Federation now? Is starfleet vunerable to attack? Or is everything hunky dory?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The Klingons had to fight the brunt of the Dominion War. We were the first to counter the anti-energy weapons of the Breem. It forced us to the front lines fighting 20-1 odds. The Empire suffered greatly and the Federation got mad when we reclaimed Khitomer? It was ours to begin with and they were willing to allow the Klingon people to suffer just to maintain an alliance with the Romulans.

It was a good read, but once again the Klingons were left out.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Weh i can down loda tis game?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    organizing timeline together here...
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ive got to say this no one else seems to have noticed or atleast to the best of my knowledge the developers calaim that the story continues 30 to 40 years around about after the nemasis film now heres the problem the enterprise enterprise a and b were all in the 23rd century with kirk the story on the c was limited but partially explained in a next generation episode but heres the thing the 24 century that they say is 30 to 40 years after nemasis was actually when the earlies next generation missions acured im watching all the next gen episodes now and on several ocasions they say its the 24th century so wouldnt if this game is set in a new century it would be the 25th century not the 24th excuse me for not being able to give proper details for this episode but i only remember my favourite episode if you check the episode where they discover those stasis pods and awaken the people from our time youll here the captain say very clearly welcome to the 24th century or commander riker
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    JamesTW wrote:
    ive got to say this no one else seems to have noticed or atleast to the best of my knowledge the developers calaim that the story continues 30 to 40 years around about after the nemasis film now heres the problem the enterprise enterprise a and b were all in the 23rd century with kirk the story on the c was limited but partially explained in a next generation episode but heres the thing the 24 century that they say is 30 to 40 years after nemasis was actually when the earlies next generation missions acured im watching all the next gen episodes now and on several ocasions they say its the 24th century so wouldnt if this game is set in a new century it would be the 25th century not the 24th excuse me for not being able to give proper details for this episode but i only remember my favourite episode if you check the episode where they discover those stasis pods and awaken the people from our time youll here the captain say very clearly welcome to the 24th century or commander riker

Well it being 2409 which meants it's the 25th Century. I don't know how it came to be this way but when ever you talk about centuries it's always one higher then the years it is. So currently we're in the 21st Century as it is 2009. Back in the 1900's it was the 20th thus the reasno why Fox's old movies has the 20th Fox Logo. This is what it seems the information you are seeking if not then I apologize for my ignorance.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    thanks for the responce and yes that is the information i was looking for though dont you think it is illogicakl for it to be one higher i mean the century is technicly included in the date itself so 1900 it should have been the 19th i wonder why they did it one higher it seems pointless
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    JamesTW wrote:
    thanks for the responce and yes that is the information i was looking for though dont you think it is illogicakl for it to be one higher i mean the century is technicly included in the date itself so 1900 it should have been the 19th i wonder why they did it one higher it seems pointless

Not really.

Our entire calendar is based around the birth of Christ, with time measured in years before Christ, and years after, called Anno Domini, which if memory serves means 'Year of our Lord'.

Now, following logic, the first century of years following the birth of Christ would be the first century, covering years 1-99AD. The second century being years 100-199AD, and so on until you reach the 25th century, running from 2400-2499AD.

It is simple, you just have to look back to the start of the system.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    thanks i wasnt aware of that
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    dont you find it ironic though that our entire system is based around the brith of christ and this is a system that everyone uses even people who do not believe in christ i mean i may self am catholic and scientific which is an odd combination at times but atheasts who dont believe in god use a system that is based around the birth of christ that should tell them somthing lol
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    JamesTW wrote:
    dont you find it ironic though that our entire system is based around the brith of christ and this is a system that everyone uses even people who do not believe in christ i mean i may self am catholic and scientific which is an odd combination at times but atheasts who dont believe in god use a system that is based around the birth of christ that should tell them somthing lol

No, it isn't ironic. The system works. Admittedly, certain parts of the world only adopted the Gregorian calendar in the 20th century, and some still use the older Julian calendar (Ethiopia I believe still use this).

We just haven't had a reason to change the base year.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    regardless of wether the system works it is still the technical deffinition of irony there are people who are so dedicated to there bel;ief that god doesnt excist which he does but ofcourse that is my belief that they take offence to anything even hinting at the possibility hence the irony part and as for changing it i dont believe that would be easy to achive granted ive only just discovered the way it works but there are mny others that are so used to it that they may infact find it difficult to change it
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am know starting at the beginning of the Path to 2409 to catch up to the current Path that is out. It is like reading the middle or end of a book and then going back to the beginning.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    and they should talk about the USS Voyager.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wish that they had involved some of the "expanded universe" stories, as it were. By that I mean the DS9 relaunch where Ro is part of the Bajoran militia post-"What You Leave Behind" and is the head of station security, and the Romulans splitting into two different states (with Tal'Aura as Praetor and Tomalak as her Proconsul, and Donatra creating the Imperial Romulan State).

But I guess that was too much to ask, since it's not "canon."

~JTS
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I wish that they had involved some of the "expanded universe" stories, as it were. By that I mean the DS9 relaunch where Ro is part of the Bajoran militia post-"What You Leave Behind" and is the head of station security, and the Romulans splitting into two different states (with Tal'Aura as Praetor and Tomalak as her Proconsul, and Donatra creating the Imperial Romulan State).

But I guess that was too much to ask, since it's not "canon."

~JTS

I'm guessing you haven't read the previous updates yet. (hint hint) :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    capgjt585 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you haven't read the previous updates yet. (hint hint) :)

This was the first post-Nemesis update, and it has Ro Laren being court martialed and given a prison sentence, when the DS9 books show her as having interacted with Starfleet again as early as 2376 when she took Odo's place as Deep Space 9 chief of security. It has Tomalak serving as a General in the Romulan military when he becomes Praetor Tal'Aura's Proconsul (senior political, not military, position). And it makes no mention of Donatra actually splitting the Empire up and making herself an Empress. It is clearly not trying to follow the post-DS9, post-VOY, post-Nemesis novel continuity, which is fine (it's their story, they're free to tell it as they do). But some of us would've enjoyed them integrating that continuity...

~JTS
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kestrel wrote: »
    /em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.

Keep it coming dont stop writing. The fiction around the game is also very important. Though most people cant be bothered to read it.

I DO! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Keep it coming dont stop writing. The fiction around the game is also very important. Though most people cant be bothered to read it.

I DO! :D

Necro of the week!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Necro of the week!

There's a link off the main page as of today.

Also, it's messing up the front page for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There's a link off the main page as of today.

Also, it's messing up the front page for me.

So there is...

Don't think it's supposed to be there, mind you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ehmm.. Yeah.. This **** is messing up the front page.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yep, - I'd say there's some bad XML code in there somewhere - that extend log bit is from 2008. Yikes!:eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Where is the Bassen rift in STO? I would like to visit to area where Picard and Shinzon battled.
This discussion has been closed.