Options

Meet the Team - Craig Zinkievich

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Nice to hear from the "captain".
    Im getting more and more confident about this game being great.
    And a late happy new year to everyone
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ......YAY, SNOWFLAKE!

...I like goats.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Really encouraging news here.

I confess, I was a bit surprised to see so many of Craig's answers mirroring my own. The preference for exploration, and the fascination with the "peripheral" races, in particular.

As others have said, I don't mind the occasional space battle, so long as it's got a good story context informing it (in the grandest Trek tradition), but even on a non-Trek level, I've played SO MANY GAMES which were almost exclusively combat-oriented -- it'll be nice to have the option to play a game which offers something in addition to pure action.

As I said here a while ago, canonical or not, Star Trek Online is likely to be the only active, ongoing continuation of visual Star Trek as we've known it.

Abrams Trek will either succeed, and become the Trek "version" most ordinary people will know henceforth -- or else, Abrams Trek will flop (critically, if not financially) and visual Trek will go back into a coma for another five to ten years.

In either case, Star Trek Online looks to be the last iteration of the original Trek timeline begun by Roddenberry and Coon. And in this final phase -- we're it, folks. We are the face of the final frontier.

Exciting. And doubly so, to know that the lore is in such good hands.

Thanks, Craig!

KOS
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    all I want to know is did u request that clause in the closing or did the seller insist ? LOLZ

I want a goat

:eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Please do not enter a subscription, let the game be more expensive when you buy it, but without the subscription because it has a lot of us who can't afford the month subscription!!Also,players please support this proposal.:(
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Although I read this article when it was initially released, I was just going through some of the older articles and happened upon this one again. I really like the "Meet the Team" articles because I think they let the playerbase feel considerably more connected to the people creating the game that many of us will surely be devoted to, and this installment certainly didn't disappoint! Thank you for posting this!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think the opportunity to just go out and explore; to just go out, point your ship at some place, and just go is really, really appealing. Just go and find something new. Not go and fight the Klingons. Not go and do something on the front of battle. But to really go out and explore planets, solar bodies -things that nobody else has ever seen before. That fascinates me.

I find this deeply heartening from the main man in charge of this project. This aspect of the game is what will seperate Star Trek Online from the rest of the MMOs--what will make it special. It will not appeal to everyone, which is why I do not expect STO to overtake World of Warcraft, but those of us who are drawn to it will find something utterly unique and deeply rewarding. The fact that STO's Executive Producer has this at heart is cause for much cheer. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I would just like to know, if you'll be limited to captaining 1 ship, of if you can command a fleet of NPC's.

Or, if you can buy one ship, and use it while leaving the previous one in dry dock.