test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can’t use D-Pad for objective/destination

Hi
I just found out in the new update that I now can’t use the D-Pad for selecting objective/destination, it is incredibly frustrating. Please can you fix this

Comments

• mrmercury#0576 mrmercury Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Same and I’ve reported this to them as the only way i could use the Dysons Sphere gateway was to come out and reselect so the quadrant i wanted was highlighted

Select , try to move the bar, come out select usually moves to the selection bar
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,312 Arc User
    Same issue on PlayStation.

Two workarounds though:
    1. Count how many times you'd have to move the D-pad down to the selection you want, & make those moves.
      If you back out of the selection and them re-enter, your chosen option will now be highlighted.
    2. Hod down "20px-PlayStation_button_X.svg.png" (PlayStation) / "20px-Xbox_button_A.svg.png" (Xbox) to enter the main Captain Command menu and the various interact options are listed at the top.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • mrmercury#0576 mrmercury Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Still the same as they never gave patch nites to maintenance
    Still the same as they never gave patch nites to maintenance
    That would be because we Console players didn't get a patch, hence no patch notes.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • outofbox777#6887 outofbox777 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Still an ongoing issue on xbox.
  • sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Same problem on Xbox. Figured out that holding down the A button and using the Captains Menu can work around it, but it's incredibly unreliable sometimes.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • fras#7182 fras Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Please fix this! It's so frustrating!
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 7
    fras#7182 wrote: »

I agree. This issue has been around now for quite a while without a fix and with no mention in the known issues of patch notes. :(

Post edited by baucoin on
    fras#7182 wrote: »
    baucoin wrote: »
    I agree this issue has been around now for quite a while without a fix and with no mention in the known issues of patch notes. :(
    We've lived with this issue for quite some time now - the thread was started in March!
    This was a pain in the TRIBBLE during the Dance Competition on Risa! I really expected it would have been fixed in time for that.
  • outofbox777#6887 outofbox777 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 7
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • bradders#3629 bradders Member Posts: 3 New User
    Exact same issue, very frustrating not being able to go to the area you need and not being able to enter the dance events.
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Whether left-stick or D-Pad, this appears to have been fixed with today's patch. Thanks guys.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    Whether left-stick or D-Pad, this appears to have been fixed with today's patch. Thanks guys.

Indeed, it does appear to have been fixed. Thank you for the heads up proteus and Dev's for the fix.
    Noticed this fix as well - many thanks, devs!
  • knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I'd like to add my thanks for fixing this issue as well, been seriously frustrating. Well done.