test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Event isn't running yet, 30 hours after it was supposed to start

mathwanusmathwanus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
The sales are on, but the cadet thing isn't going, the DOFF-granting contacts aren't there, and the bonus commendation XP isn't turned on.

Comments

• roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a bug, but...according to the news announcement, the Jr. Officer event should have started yesterday, on 25 Jun 2024 @0800 hrs PT. So far, the event is still not active.

Has the event been cancelled, or is it a bug?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,928 Arc User
    Yeah, I thought it was supposed to start Tuesday. The Red Alert started but not the R&D/Junior Officer Event.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • masesana#3838 masesana Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still not running and no communication
  • wangchung#9804 wangchung Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    HEY YOOUU GUUUYS!

This event has not started yet. Please start this event!
  • mathwanusmathwanus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    48 hours. I had thought that *maybe* it was a typo in the announcement, and this part of it was going to start Thursday rather than Tuesday, but nope.

It appears that we were supposed to get a Bonus Experience Event and not the R &D/Junior Officer Event that was erroneously mentioned in a tweet and on the playstartrekonline.com webpage. Apparently, in-game is correct but not X and the blog post. If not, then this is the first time that we got the wrong event that was advertised in both mediums.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • addadon01addadon01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 29
    Queue R&D Material Reward Packages (Normal, Advanced and Elite) DOES NOT reward the 25% more R&D Materials and DO NOT reward a Catalyst. So the event is still not running probably.

No scanning at the acadamy
  • chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The Scanning of particles should have commenced at both academies on the 25th as per STO advertising. No event, no glowing orbs and no glowing academy console. Had hoped it would be fixed but has had no response to questions regarding this?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    I noticed that the Academy event was turned on this morning (July 2, 2024). Don't know for how long though.
    > @baucoin said:
    > I noticed that the Academy event was turned on this morning (July 2, 2024). Don't know for how long though.

Probably a week as it was supposed to run.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    > @baucoin said:
    > I noticed that the Academy event was turned on this morning (July 2, 2024). Don't know for how long though.

Probably a week as it was supposed to run.

Yeah. Most likely, but no official word that I've seen.

• neverland#6511 neverland Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    The characters that haven't ever received the purple duty officers can't receive them at their Academies. Both FED and KDF. The NPCs have no dialogue options at all.
    Is it just for me or is it a bug for all?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,359 Arc User
    The characters that haven't ever received the purple duty officers can't receive them at their Academies.
    Have you looked in the "Available" tab for a mission called "Reinforcements"?
    If it's not there, you've probably done the mission the last time around.
    Check by the existence of the corresponding Duty Officer:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited July 4
    The characters that haven't ever received the purple duty officers can't receive them at their Academies.

Thank you for your reply. I'll check it out.
    These characters which I mean have never participated in this event, I can say this exactly. For example, one of them is a FED Delta recruit who was created during the last Delta event.

Edit: my Delta recruit doesn't have a mission called "Reinforcements" in the "Available" tab. If you mean the same tab where the missions from "Wasteland", for example, are located.

Post edited by neverland#6511 on

You can also try talking to Lt. Ferra on the Fed side or Lt. S'stas on the KDF side they are the npc's that give the Reinforcements quest.

baucoin wrote: »

You can also try talking to Lt. Ferra on the Fed side or Lt. S'stas on the KDF side they are the npc's that give the Reinforcements quest.

Thank you very much! This solves my problem :smile: