test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fed Liberated Borg characters do not see the Dosi, Wadi, and Paradan mission chains near DS9

pjrabbitpjrabbit Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I submitted a bug report on this, and Cryptic won't do anything about it if I am the only person complaining about this. I have a 5-year-old character, '999of1000', that has never seen those missions, and he has long been based out of DS9. I have discussed this in 'NoP Public Service' and other folks see the same thing. Oddly enough, this bug does not affect KDF-aligned Liberated Borg. PLEASE REPLY IF YOU SEE THIS TOO.

Comments

• Options
    josephphlanxjosephphlanx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Fed characters don't get the Dosi and Wadi missions. Conversely KDF characters don't get the Karemma and Paradan missions. https://stowiki.net/wiki/Assignment#Assignment_Chains For Reference. Could it be possible that you already started the Paradan chain and forgot? In the DOff Menu there is a tab called "Assignment Chains" that shows any Chains that you've started or completed. Look there and see if it's just an oversight. Also, have you been checking the Department Heads for available missions? It's easier to find rarer missions with them than just the Current Map list.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,141 Arc User
    wouenhjtp878.jpg

This character was created in 2013 and has completed the Karemma assignment chain with the Paradan one standing at 3 of 4.

I haven't found the Dosi or Wadi chains yet but haven't been actively looking for them either.

Doff mission visibility has a random component too, so it may just be that you've had a really bad run of assignments not showing.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Fed get paradan but not Wadi and Dosi

Fed Consular Authority: Bajor
    Fed Consular Authority: Karemma
    Fed Consular Authority: Parada
    Fed/Kilng Cardassia
    Kling Consular Authority: Dosi
    Kling Consular Authority: Ferasa
    Kling Consular Authority: Wadi

The best place I have found for getting them is the Bajor/Duhbe border just go back and forth a couple of times

they will show in sector under Recruitment, but despite it not saying they will also show up under Operations at the bottom.
  • Options
    edited May 11
    To be fair and not rude to the other posters on this discussion, I have 15 other characters, both factions, that have got at least two of these chains started. I have been playing 10+ years and know how to start a doff mission chain. I know what and where the hidden sectors are, and I know about sector mission resets. I can take any new character to DS9 space and find these chains, but my 5-year old character has never seen them, and still doesn't. I check every two days or so. This is my issue.
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 12
    Hi, prjrabbit.

I like the doff part of the game and once I get access to doffs I try to get all these assignment chains started quickly. They are particularly useful to get early since you can start trading away all your free common doffs in the hope of getting better ones. I can usually get all of these particular chains done in a week or two. FYI I have over 40 characters and all of the ones that aren't brand new have completed all of these chains. There will be a total of four of the Consular Authority chains and which ones you get depends on your faction (see above).

You say that you know how to find them but clearly you are not doing what I do to find them, so here's my strategy.

It does take some work to to get them to appear. You should remember that there are basically two things that can cause an assignment to appear:
    1. Transwarping in to a sector from a different quadrant or a ground map, and,
    2. Crossing the border of a sector (particularly a sector block, which are not marked on the map but still exist).

They can also appear in either the Current Map tab or the tab for officer that handles that field (in this case the Operations guy).

My method of checking for them is to:
    1. Transwarp in to the Orias sector from the beta quadrant by using the mission transwarp for the mission "The New Link" (the last of the Cardassian Struggle missions). Then I check the current map and Operations officer for the assignment.
    2. Then I move east to the Algira sector and stop as soon as I cross the sector border. Check current map and operations officer again.
    3. Reverse BACK into the Orias sector and stop just inside the sector. Check both tabs again.
    4. Turn left and head up to the Cardassia sector. Stop just after you cross that border and check again.

This is enough that I usually find all four chains within a few days. These three sectors are all part of different sector blocks.

Edit: FYI you can do the same thing when looking for assignments 2, 3, and 4 of the chain, but assignment 2 is Tactical and assignment 3 is engineering so you look in different bridge officers' tabs.

If you want to be even more thorough, you could transwarp back to the beta quadrant and then directly to the Algira sector using the mission "The Factory," or to the Cardassia sector with the "Spoils of War" mission. If the assignment is appearing only when you transwarp to the sector this lets you see those two. Any of the missions that get you to DS9 also allows you to get to Bajor sector directly for this too, though most of the time just getting to any sector in a sector block is enough. But if you are really keen you can fly east along the border that runs between the bottom row of sectors and the second row, going back and forth across that line and stopping to check each time you cross a border. For these missions this is not usually necessary, though there are some chains where it helps with the rarer ones.

Hope this is useful.

@smi3th
    Post edited by smi3th on
  • Options
    4cdimbezdpos.png Some clarity on this. From the attached image it looks like this character has already completed the Paradan and Karemma 'unlock' mission chains, but my problem still is none of the follow-on 'repeatables' are ever showing for Tactical, Engineering, Science and Recruitment. I check every time this character is logged in. Apologies for not checking to see if he had completed the unlock chain.

• Options
    The only repeatable missions from these chains is the "______ Officer Exchange Program"s. See https://stowiki.net/wiki/Assignment_chain:_Consular_Authority:_Parada for reference. Focus on talking to your Operations Officer, if you don't see any Exchange Programs then there might be a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    There are at least 10 missions that occur as a result of completing these two chains--all are repeatable. 2 in Recruitment where you can send 5 DOFFS permanently to either location for Recruitment xp (I normally send prisoners), 4 in Science, where you can do 2 different site surveys called "Assist 'x' Colonization Team With Additional Site Surveys" OR or help out with 2 "Provide 'Terraforming Support to 'x' Colonization Efforts--all give Science/Colonization xp, 2 in Tactical called "Provide Defensive Support to X" that give both Military/Colonial xp, and 2 in Engineering to provide infrastructure support that give Engineering/Colonial xp. This character NEVER sees any of those, and he suffers trying to level colonial and recruitment past tier 4.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,141 Arc User
    pjrabbit wrote: »
    There are at least 10 missions that occur as a result of completing these two chains...
    I believe you're getting a bit muddle there.
    Those repeatable Doff missions come from completing the Colonial chains in the various star clusters and have nothing to do with the "Consular Authority" chains.
    The "Consular Authority" chains give just one repeatable assignment each:
    e.g "Karemman Officer Exchange Program"
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Different Chain. https://stowiki.net/wiki/Assignment_chain:_Colonial_Team I will note that these do tend to be more rare than the mission rarity color would have you believe.