test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daily promotional items (console), but no heads up about them.

jedimobiusjedimobius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
There's nothing in the news here nor in-game about these ongoing daily promotional items in the store. What gives? Are the vast majority of players supposed to miss out on these items? What's the point in giving players freebies if there's zero advanced notice and no official announcement that they're even available?

STO is just setting players up for disappointment by giving out freebies without letting us know through in-game news to expect them. No one likes missing out, which a lot of players are likely to notice when they check their inbox and find fleet mail about it only after the fact.

Comments

• baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    You're right. Looks like the 14th Anniversary freebies have started. But no one let us know. I started a post about this in the General forums earlier today.
    edited March 10
    Just saw a YouTube video about the Anniversary Event Giveaways by Stu1701. Looks like I missed one day already because there was no official notice about the giveaways.

Here is the run down.
    March 7-8 4x Ship Slots (The one I missed)
    March 8-9 2x Tech Upgrades
    March 9-10 3x Infinity Pro R&D Pack
    March 10-11 1x Experimental ship upgrade token
    March 11-12 3x Infinity Promo Delta Alliance duty officer pack
    March 12-13 1x 100% Discount Coupon Tier 6 ship

Heres a link to the Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16R2Mq3nXbw

Cryptic really needs to do better at informing us about these limited time giveaways. There was nothing here, Facebook, or X about the console freebies. I just happened to notice the Tech Upgrades today while playing.

Post edited by baucoin on
  • jedimobiusjedimobius Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    You're right. Looks like the 14th Anniversary freebies have started. But no one let us know. I started a post about this in the General forums earlier today.

I tried to look for other threads before posting, but yeah. Thanks for the additional details!

• a1345hhlola1345hhlol Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 21
    I've been fighting with support about this. Same response every time, and they are refusing to "solve" it but they say the issue is "solved". Using the same method of comms as what failed is asinine. The three stooges below might as well be barking seals.

(private correspondence redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    edited March 21
    (Flaming, trolling, and discussion of moderation comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Looks like they are going to make good on the giveaways.
    jmp21hca6vx5.png
    edited March 26
    a1345hhlol wrote: »
    (Flaming, trolling, and discussion of moderation comments removed. - BMR)

(Harassing, trolling, and discussion of moderation comments removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • nightwchtr#5523 nightwchtr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I always thought that freebies would be in the promotion tab but I check everyday and didn't see anything.