test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Support doesn't know,... (Doff Problems)

rollthorrollthor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
support has no clue why my old (took a break from game) but it's a day one (almost) jemmy toon can't donate any of the doffs it has access to.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    edited April 24
    What faction is your Jem'Hadar toon? If the DOFFs have a red outline, they are KDF, and if you are a Fed'Hadar they cannot be donated to a fleet project. So it is not a bug if that is the case.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    i'm fed aligned yes. all my doffs came from leveling up.

heres an example:

gngbqa059fvi.png

when i open a fleet project i can't donate any of them (given they're the right department).
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Is your inventory full? Do you have anything in the overflow bag? What level are you? Finally, are all the checkmarks in the fleet donation pop-up checked?
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited April 24
    Many of the starting duty officers Jem'Hadar get can't be donated to fleet projects. Also some of the doff's in the picture have protection on (the little shield with the check mark) and wouldn't be able to be donated.

I have a feeling the starting ones were made un-donatable to keep folks from making throwaway jemmy characters just to donate doffs, seeing as they get them so quickly compared to other factions.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Is your inventory full? Do you have anything in the overflow bag? What level are you? Finally, are all the checkmarks in the fleet donation pop-up checked?

inventory ain't full it's being purged on a reg basis (generating credits), max lvl (65) which checkmarks do you mean? i have proper rank and i can donate everything cept for doffs.
  • Options
    baucoin wrote: »
    Many of the starting duty officers jemmys get can't be donated to fleet projects. Also some of the doff's in the picture have protection on (the little shield with the check mark) and wouldn't be able to be donated.

if i can't donate em how else am i going to replqace em with better doffs? after all the doffs i got with the toon are low level (all whites) and since my overflow bag is full with doffs already i can't get more. the protection on some was set by me so i don't donate some accidentaly but it does not seem to make any difference as none of my doffs shows up at all. not all of them are protected. Here's an example picture:

f3xj75pe7kaz.png

as u can see the selected doff is not protected by me and none of the civilians show up on the right side window.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    On my Jem'Hadar characters I dismissed all the white ones I couldn't donate. It stinks but that's how I dealt with it.

A good tell that a doff can't be donated is that it's bound when you first get them. Like the Chef you have selected. I'd bet he was in you first batch of duty officers.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • Options
    edited April 24
    rollthor wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

inventory ain't full it's being purged on a reg basis (generating credits), max lvl (65) which checkmarks do you mean? i have proper rank and i can donate everything cept for doffs.

What I mean by the checkmarks is in the Donate to Fleet Project screen, go under the Specializations drop-down menu, almost all of the specs will be checked on Feds (even Fed-aligned) but some might not be and need to be in order for them to show up. Sorry you did not understand that. I should have made that clearer the first time around.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    Some Duty Officers won't show up for donation due to how they are obtained.

Any Doff that comes from a Z-Store pack will usually not be donatable. After all, if you paid money to get the Zen, you don't really want it wasted on Doffs being donated.

Additionally, those Doffs you can get from Lt. Ferra after reaching various Ranks in the Commendations will not show up for Contribution. (They also don't show up for the re-assignment missions either.)

I know the above two things won't describe all the doffs you have in your Roster, but it could describe why some of them might not be showing up.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Made a test Jem'Hadar and as you can see all the starting civilian duty officers can't be donated to fleet project.
    9fuq0xpf3gec.jpg

Really it's all of them but just wanted show the civilians since that's the pic you posted.
  • Options
    razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    Made a test Jem'Hadar and as you can see all the starting civilian duty officers can't be donated to fleet project.
    9fuq0xpf3gec.jpg

Really it's all of them but just wanted show the civilians since that's the pic you posted.

Jem characters are locked out for 20 hours before being able to donate. It is 20 hours of game time on that character.
    Is this character more than 20 game hours old?

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • Options
    edited April 26
    razar2380 wrote: »

Jem characters are locked out for 20 hours before being able to donate. It is 20 hours of game time on that character.
    Is this character more than 20 game hours old?

Razar.

The 20 hour lockout is to claim account rewards from your factions Temporal agent, not to donate to fleet projects. The character pictured has played less than four hours and can donate duty officers bought off the exchange. It's the starting duty officers you get when you pick a faction that can't be donated.

I have an older Jem'Hadar character that didn't dismiss all the white starting duty officers and he can't donate them. He's played well over 20 hours.

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    Has the Jem'Hadar character played up to and completed "Home" yet?
    If not, the Allied faction still hasn't fully tied to the character yet.
    Once you complete "Home" all the various game systems should function normally.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited May 10
    Don’t know if anyone has answered with this response, but the most of the doffs you get with jems at the start and probably from the gamma recruit thing can’t be donated to the fleet or used on the exchange for higher quality thing at the academy.

But you can exchange all except the civilian ones once you have finished any of the Boff Assignment - Consular Authority: doff chains.

Oh forgot to add you can use any diplomats/advisors that you can’t donate for the last mission in the chain to get rid of them if you want, and also the doffs you get back are unbound, 2 of them give green or better 2 white or better back.
    Post edited by wodenaz on
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited 8:24PM
    I have noticed this issue before too. My Jem'Hadar toons cannot donate doffs that they get for free at the start. They never could.
    wodenaz wrote: »
    Don’t know if anyone has answered with this response, but the most of the doffs you get with jems at the start and probably from the gamma recruit thing can’t be donated to the fleet or used on the exchange for higher quality thing at the academy.

But you can exchange all except the civilian ones once you have finished any of the Boff Assignment - Consular Authority: doff chains.
    ^^
    What he said.

If you are patient you can use these missions to trade up for random but better doffs. You need to complete the chains and you can find them in the Alpha Quadrant around DS9 and where the Cardassian story missions are.

https://stowiki.net/wiki/Assignment_chain:_Consular_Authority

You can't get rid of civilians with those missions; for civilians you want these ones:
    https://stowiki.net/wiki/Assignment_chain:_Colonial_Team

Sadly you don't get doffs as a reward but you do get a lot of recruitment CXP.