test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mail ERROR

shiftatkshiftatk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hi ,

I have a problem/bug with my account. ( @shiftatk )
Whenever I send a Mail to a friend of mine ( @kapsler ), the mail will reurn after a couple of seconds to minutes with the subject:

[UNTRANSLATED]Mail_ReturnToSender_Subject

Happens with every char combination ( from me to him). We tested it the other way around, and he can send me mail, no problems there.
I have already an ticket open, but till now, no one could help me.

Would be very happy if anyone could help me with that.

greetz

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,043 Arc User
    shiftatk wrote: »
    Whenever I send a Mail to a friend of mine, the mail will return after a couple of seconds to minutes...
    How many mails does he have sitting in his inbox?
    If he has mails with items attached sitting unclaimed, they may be blocking your mails.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    That was also one of my first ideas, so my friend cleared his mail (exept a single one, text only).
    So the status at the moment is, that I try to send mail (with attachments) to an empty mail-box.
    But I will try to send a test mail without any attachments.
    Whenever I send a Mail to a friend of mine, the mail will return after a couple of seconds to minutes...
    If he has mails with items attached sitting unclaimed, they may be blocking your mails.

• Options
    Same problem without attachment, BUT it seems to be a problem of the receiving account!
    My friend will open another topic here for his account.
    That was also one of my first ideas, so my friend cleared his mail (exept a single one, text only).
    So the status at the moment is, that I try to send mail (with attachments) to an empty mail-box.
    But I will try to send a test mail without any attachments.

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,016 Arc User
    have you tried it the other way .... he mail you
  • Options
    kapslerkapsler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    have you tried it the other way .... he mail you

Have tried a couple of things now. Thats what i found:

It just occurs from ONE account sending to ONE other account. Tried sending mail with guys from my Fleet, no problem in every way (to and from, every mail goes trough in both accounts).

And today I tried trading directly between chars of both accounts: what struck me is, that when I try to start trading with the account, that has the error when mailing, it says:

"The other officer is currently not accepting trades."

Can you block trading by default? like in the game options?`that might be the problem...
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,016 Arc User
    @darkbladejk might know the answer to your query. Can always rely on dark. If you want help with builds or most things inn game dark is always my go to person.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    There's a setting under Social (the icon with three little figures just underneath the Mail icon in the top right window) > Privacy which says 'Allow only friends and fleet to trade'. Maybe your friend has this set to 'on'?
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,721 Community Moderator
    You can block trade requests in the in-game options. I've never tried looking for one for mail but I can see if some of my crew have had the issue. Has dude made sure to check if the settings for "only friends/fleet can email" is off? If you have that set to on, then it will block certain emails, same with the setting that captainkoltar named save with trades in that instance. Would be under his privacy settings. Go under the tab where your friends list is and somewhere in there you should see a button for Privacy and the settings should be in there. If those are turned off and it's still doing then most likely you may need to file a ticket. Check those settings first and I will ask some folks if they know about it and we can go from there.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator