test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else not able to login? Or just me?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Anyone else not able to login to Arc? Or is it just me? .-.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    darkjuno#3752 darkjuno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 9
    Unable to login to Arc as well, via the STO launcher. Website/forums seem fine
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    It's not just you. I haven't been able to login to Arc all day. Had to use the launcher without Arc to get into the game.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Unable to login to Arc as well.

Both good and bad to hear. xD
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Arc appears to be working now. I just logged in successfully.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I normally don't use the arc app to launch the game but tried it today due to the issues. Kept timing out on login, went to the arc games web page, went to store tab then downloaded the client. That seemed to fix the issue and I was able to lauch the app with no problem.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Just tried logging in. It's a no go.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    kaciouskacious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have uninstalled reinstalled restarted cleared every thing i can think of and nothing, cant log in at all, the web site i can get into fine but no game. Do we just start putting in tickets?
  • Options
    Same, guess it's something dealing with the logging servers on their end.
  • Options
    herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    As a temporary measure, do a search on your computer for the folder \Star Trek Online_en
    In this folder start the application Star Trek Online.exe

This will put you into a login screen for the game (bypassing the current arc issues). You will still need your regular login/password.

Hopefully Arc will be fixed tomorrow.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • Options
    As a temporary measure, do a search on your computer for the folder \Star Trek Online_en
    In this folder start the application Star Trek Online.exe

This will put you into a login screen for the game (bypassing the current arc issues). You will still need your regular login/password.

Hopefully Arc will be fixed tomorrow.

^^^^ This^^^^^^

• Options
    kaciouskacious Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I had to use steam because that was a no go for me.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    The patch seemed to come down ok those servers are probably good, and the little green light in the launcher is on, but the game says it cannot find the servers. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    edited April 11 Answer ✓
    Not me, I got in and did my event mission, so unless they went down after I did that it's probably probably not server related.

K1XcmLo.jpg

I took this image just a moment ago.
  • Options
    I finally got in too, though I had to use the arc desktop icon and do the oldschool pick the game/launch thing from there instead of just using the usual STO icon itself. No idea why that worked when the regular way didn't.
  • Options
    After the patch today I could not log on with the regular STO icon either. Oddly, the .exe way of launching didn't work either, but when I tried the old generic ARC launcher and went through the old-style pick the game/launch the game method it worked.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    It took 2 tries but I was able to use the Star Trek icon (PC, icon > starts Arc launcher > starts STO)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    wolfswetpaws#2250 wolfswetpaws Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    April 13th., 2024
    I'm having difficulty logging-in to the Star Trek Online game, via the game-launcher.
  • Options
    kkramersckkramersc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same. as of 2:39 EST
  • Options
    edited April 13
    If you are getting a black screen with (or without) the little wait spinny and nothing else there is the old standby kludge where you use the Windows Task Manager to kill the game and launcher then immediately start it back up from the regular startup icon again. That usually works right off, but occasionally it takes doing it a second time if you are not fast enough in restarting the game after it disappears from the task manager.

If instead of the black screen you get an error message popping up that complains about not finding the server or that 'attempt timed out' or words to that effect, sometimes selecting and launching it manually from the generic ARC launcher works better than using the dedicated STO launch icon.

Some people find going into the game's folder and launching it from the game's .exe file works to combat similar launch problems, but I have not had to resort to that in years (and it did not work when I tried it back then), so I am not sure of the details anymore.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    Some people find going into the game's folder and launching it from the game's .exe file works to combat similar launch problems, but I have not had to resort to that in years (and it did not work when I tried it back then), so I am not sure of the details anymore.

Using the game's launcher works good. I use it every day. Arc is just an extra layer. If you can find the .exe it's easy to put a shortcut on the desktop or even on the taskbar. Here's what it looks like..
    k11ziy9uhtxv.jpg
  • Options
    protoneous wrote: »

Using the game's launcher works good. I use it every day. Arc is just an extra layer. If you can find the .exe it's easy to put a shortcut on the desktop or even on the taskbar. Here's what it looks like..
    k11ziy9uhtxv.jpg

True, I have heard that a lot of people use it as their default launcher without problems.

The reason it did not work for me way back when doesn't have any bearing on anything recent, it turned out that when they launched Age of Discovery it broke something that kept a lot of the Steam installs from working and I had to uninstall the steam version completely (even had to edit the Windows registry iirc, though I may have that mixed up with a different game) and download a fresh ARC-based version and use it instead (though it still didn't work until about a week later).
  • Options
    captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Today 4/17 I tried both the ARC launcher and herrgis' tip for the game application.. Error message "unable to authenticate: Couldn't initialize token login" and this continued for 15 minutes. But I finally was able to login.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Server acting up again April 21, can't stay logged in for more than a few minutes.
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    FWIW, I've been experiencing unusual lag spikes. They didn't go away entirely when I dropped my graphics settings. Also of note, I can eliminate my own internet connection as the root cause due to this only occurring as of the last couple of weeks (game was running relatively well beforehand). This unusual amount of lag can be attributed therefore to two possible causes, I think:

1. Higher player volume due to the currently-running event
    2. Something broke during one of the more recent patches.

Either of the above (or both) could be the root cause, considering how fickle this game's code is.
  • Options
    winniebaygowinniebaygo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm experiencing issues logging in, too. I can install any version of the client, run it, let it update, then try to log in. Nothing. It just returns me over and over to the Username/Password screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I contacted support and they say my account is good with no restrictions. I'm a little perplexed. I'll try support again.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    I'm experiencing issues logging in, too. I can install any version of the client, run it, let it update, then try to log in. Nothing. It just returns me over and over to the Username/Password screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I contacted support and they say my account is good with no restrictions. I'm a little perplexed. I'll try support again.

What does the red text when you return to Username/Password screen say?
  • Options
    winniebaygowinniebaygo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

What does the red text when you return to Username/Password screen say?

No red text or message pops up. It just pops up the username/password box over and over. I tried another account and it does the same thing. That's what's so weird.
  • Options
    Maybe the windows compatibility troubleshooter would help (it did when I had that problem not too long ago).

Also, it might be a good idea to make sure the game executable is whitelisted in your firewall and antivirus settings if you haven't already.