test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Reputation Armors

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
I'm not sure if someone else complained about this (probably, but I might've missed it, sorry), but the updates to the Borg with the new plot are not all appreciated. I put work and resources into getting the full Omega/MACO/KHG armors for the better remodulation, and now it randomly will take just as long as the zero resource replicator modulators. That's not a welcome change, and partly invalidates the reason for doing the work to get those armors.​​

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    Yes, nothing stays the same forever.

I'm still seeing the strange H shaped Borg ships all over the place. Have no idea what they're about. Never seen one on a TV show. Perhaps they were meant to be square but something went wrong and it's a bug that will get corrected?

No, this isn't a bug report.

So when it comes to remodulation, I used to think I had things covered. Had Fractal remodulators, reputation armors like yourself, and TR-116B/Tommy guns on a couple dozen characters.

Then when it came to playing the most recent story mission I decided to just go with the flow and use the built in remodulator function along with my standard gear and an energy weapon and to my surprise it seemed to work pretty well.

All I had to do was drag the "magic" remodulator button to my tray, as I use a pre-assigned key to make things faster.

Yes, change is tough. I hate change as much as the next player.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    My main complaint isn't about things changing. Those H shaped ships are Assimmilators from Armada, they were added because it was never really right for Cubes to be scoffed at and soloed, it made the Borg look like laughingstocks.

The main issue to me is that the only main point to GETTING those armors was the integral remodulation. That and barbie costume shop for characters. Otherwise no point getting it. I'm glad to know I can avoid spending the dil and grinding the marks on some newer alts who don't have it yet, of course. But kissing the marks and dil goodbye on things that aren't worth it anymore is a pain.​​
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,026 Community Moderator
    The Integrated Remodulator was an instant remodulator with a cooldown on use. If you try and remodulate quickly after using it, yes you will most likely fall back on the slow remod. But that doesn't mean the Omega and MACO/Honor Guard gear is any less useful for other situations. I like the 2 piece bonus for the MACO as it can be a good panic button shield heal. Honestly I think the easiest Rep set to get is the Omega Rep sets because of how popular some of the Borg TFOs are. Not too hard to grind out a set to use, or even to give to a BOff, and even though they're some of the oldest ground sets in the game, if not the OLDEST hands down, they are still viable even today.

And for the Space Barbie is the True Endgame crowd, more outfits for playing around with.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,796 Arc User
    I never cared much for the 3-piece remodulator. I liked the outfits for their looks and that's why I got them.

The real advantage with respect to remodulating comes from the T3 Omega reputation trait. Without that, you'd still have to remodulate like a hundred times in each mission. Doesn't help much that remodulating is instantaneous if you still need to do it a lot.

But with the trait, the number of times you need to remodulate could easily be brought down to two, maybe three times maximum. The 3-piece remodulation bonus was never that important after the release of the reputation traits.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,013 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    I'm not sure if someone else complained about this (probably, but I might've missed it, sorry), but the updates to the Borg with the new plot are not all appreciated. I put work and resources into getting the full Omega/MACO/KHG armors for the better remodulation, and now it randomly will take just as long as the zero resource replicator modulators. That's not a welcome change, and partly invalidates the reason for doing the work to get those armors.​​

The old basic Remodulators from the replicator took 8 seconds to remodulate weapons.

The new 'built-in' remodulation function also takes 8 seconds to remodulate weapons.

Equipment from the Omega Reputation, from Defera, or the Extirpating Remodulator (from Taken By Surprise) all you to remodulate faster than the norm.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/