test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A question to the devs on mission Sphere of Influence

jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
Can the dev team please provide a date that this mission will be fixed, in relation to the colour code puzzle as it is hindering 100% completion for Recruit Characters
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    you won't get a 100% answer. troubleshooting code isn't that easy. with a game this old and the code so intertwined, they could have done a modification to a Delta mission and it messes with a Klingon war mission. that's probably what happened to SOI. last time it broke it was broke about 6 weeks
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    ^ This

Hate to say it but bugs like this... it gets done when it gets done. The Dev Team is under no obligation to give running commentary on their bug fixing activities like progress as... it could be very simple or extremely complex. And with STO's code... we've seen them fix something, and something totally unrelated breaks as a result. The Super EPtE Spheres from a few years ago are a prime example.

So all anyone can say is be patient.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ^ This

Hate to say it but bugs like this... it gets done when it gets done. The Dev Team is under no obligation to give running commentary on their bug fixing activities like progress as... it could be very simple or extremely complex. And with STO's code... we've seen them fix something, and something totally unrelated breaks as a result. The Super EPtE Spheres from a few years ago are a prime example.

So all anyone can say is be patient.
    My favorite example (also an example of how spaghetti-coded this whole thing is) is still what happened when they put player vehicles into Champions Online. I'm sure there are still people mildly traumatized by the results in STO.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited March 23
    The amount of times I have seen it on here .... When will this get fixed, when will that get fixed, are the devs going to give us an update on this or that. As @rattler2 says it will be done when its done. It like listening to a lil kid in a car Are we there yet. Personally @rattler2 Ths kind of thread is likely to incite flaming and trolling, so might be a good idea to close this thread. But that is only my opinion.
    Post edited by eazzie on
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited March 23
    Really, I would not mind the length of time it takes to fix so long as it is acknowledged. I have seen them put a "known issues" in patch notes before and, I think, it is a very useful thing to do to let people know they are aware of an issue that literally breaks part of the game like this. Leaving it in silent limbo just leads to speculation that it isn't being looked at or won't be fixed. (Like, oh, I dunno...the broken Omega mission for KDF during the anniversary. :p )
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    Really, I would not mind the length of time it takes to fix so long as it is acknowledged. I have seen them put a "known issues" in patch notes before and, I think, it is a very useful thing to do to let people know they are aware of an issue that literally breaks part of the game like this. Leaving it in silent limbo just leads to speculation that it isn't being looked at or won't be fixed. (Like, oh, I dunno...the broken Omega mission for KDF during the anniversary. :p )

If every known issue was listed, then the patch notes would be pages long. Once a bug report is submitted THEY are AWARE. Just because we as players aren't getting updates the devs being silent should not be leading to speculation because they (as @rattler2 stated) are under no obligation to say anything. Cryptic (despite current events in house) has an amazing team. THINGS WILL GET DONE when THEY GET DONE. Simple.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    Look, the devs are not going to answer this. They are too busy working on the game, and fixing bugs. So, they don't have time to acknowledge every bug report that goes in. But they do look at them. And only post in those reports when they have questions or need more information. This is General Discussion and according to forum rules, bug reports do not go here. Discussion of this particular bug can happen in its bug report thread in the Bug Reports subforum. Such discussion should, though, be contributing to providing HELPFUL information that aid in solving the bug. Complaining, ranting, threatening, flaming, and trolling, however, are not helpful at all and can get one moderated. Discussion has already gotten a bit heated in that bug report. A potential for that exists here, and as already stated, bugs do not belong in General Discussion, so I am closing this. Thank you. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.