test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THOLIAN TROUBLE!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
edited April 12 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Unravel the Tholian Web to progress towards a free T6 Promotional Ship, Two 100% off Zen Store Coupons, and 1500 Lobi!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11565413
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Yeeesss... new toy for the Drone Master Build.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Awesome news! I really enjoy these two TFO's.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    will give all players the opportunity to win the Universal Console – Tholian Web Array
    [...]
    by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic.
    Ahem... Some corrections are needed, it seems.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Shouldn't the be Romulan Republic flagship be the R.R.W Lleiset? Pretty sure the I.R.W (Romulan Imperial Navy) Leahval is Sela's ship.
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Sweet! Can we get some bugs fixed before then? Like the Boff buff stats not applying correctly or consistently on ships when you zone?
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited March 9
    xsi1e wrote: »
    Sweet! Can we get some bugs fixed before then? Like the Boff buff stats not applying correctly or consistently on ships when you zone?

As long as you have submitted a bug report either to support or on here then they are aware. This is not the thread to talk about bugs.

This is known as derailing a thread.
  • Options
    samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The Leahval? Are you sure that this is correct info? Don't get me wrong , I love Denise Crosby as Sela, she is a great villain, and that's the crux of the matter; are we really going to help the Romulan Empire in rescuing their fleet? Is that what Starfleet is doing nowadays? Helping space dictatorships?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    will give all players the opportunity to win the Universal Console – Tholian Web Array
    [...]
    by the I.R.W. Leahval—the flagship of the Romulan Republic.
    Ahem... Some corrections are needed, it seems.

Copy/paste from the last time the event ran:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487723

The reference to the Leahval was there too. Maybe they'll get Henry Kim to correct it?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Beginning on March 13th on PC, the Tholians imprison a significant portion of the Romulan Flotilla
    Are you sure about that?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Beginning on March 13th on PC, the Tholians imprison a significant portion of the Romulan Flotilla
    Are you sure about that?

So many people questioned the date (not to mention other questionable details) in the announcement and there has been a week in which it could have gotten fixed. I guess they are standing by what they posted. I'm sure it will start in game aaaaaany minute now.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Must be starting on the 14th. That's what I figured when I first saw it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I have been sitting here waiting to begin the new event but it hasnt started yet?
    Im confused cause it said it was starting today?
    I even told a few people and now i look like i dont know what im talking about? NOT GOOD.......
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 13
    The most obvious "Tholian Trouble" seems to be that there is no way to partake in the promised activities.

I logged in, I saw no way to join in the event, I logged out.
    Then I decided to double-check, and yeah, it said March 13th, so I logged back in and checked again. Nope, still no way to join.

Little things like getting dates right shouldn't be that difficult. When there is a mistake made, just correct the article and then come here and post the correction.
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    They've had this long to correct the errors. There should be no excuse.
    I logged in twice today expecting to play the new event.
  • Options
    gchewitt#2784 gchewitt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Just tried to log in and saw this at top of screen

"We will be performing shard maintenance on March 14 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (15:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums."
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    morden613 wrote: »

Typos happen no big deal. Kael is an extremely busy man he is the senior community manager for all of cryptic not just sto so he has to spread his time amongst every game and is dedicated to every community of every game, along with that he battles personal difficulties on a daily basis which he was extremely brave to open up about on a live stream. I for one have the most amazing respect for him for doing what he did. Behind him he has a dedicated group of volunteer moderators here at sto @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 @wingedhussar#7584 who are just amazing at keeping this forum troll free and make it a safe a trusting forum to use and visit they all go above and beyond for all of us.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    morden613 wrote: »

Typos happen no big deal. Kael is an extremely busy man he is the senior community manager for all of cryptic not just sto so he has to spread his time amongst every game and is dedicated to every community of every game, along with that he battles personal difficulties on a daily basis which he was extremely brave to open up about on a live stream. I for one have the most amazing respect for him for doing what he did. Behind him he has a dedicated group of volunteer moderators here at sto @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 @wingedhussar#7584 who are just amazing at keeping this forum troll free and make it a safe a trusting forum to use and visit they all go above and beyond for all of us.

I'm not doubting any of that. And yeah, mistakes get made and it isn't usually a big deal. I'm just saying it still could have been corrected at some time in the past week. Internet posts are not, last I checked, immutably carved in solid rock. :smile:
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There are a great many posts that are made here that need to be cross referenced and verified :) for accuracy .
This discussion has been closed.