test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Twin Tribulations Map Transfer Fails

pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
Trying to run Twin Tribulations with my Klingon Recruit for the Endeavor, hit the confirm button and I started getting Map Transfer Fail filling up my chat box, one after the other in immediate succession for about three minutes until I got hit with an AFK. Not my fault. It's not like I can manually beam into the mission!

Comments

• Options
    britcanuck#5122 britcanuck Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Trying to complete a TFO as an Endeavor, but we got booted by a 'Map Transfer Failed' error. Then, trying to go back in and restart, found we had been assessed 30-minute 'leaver penalties' on all TFO's, because it was assumed that we were at fault.

1) The Map Transfer issue has to be resolved, it's been far too long now.

2) Leaver Penalties must be eliminated, as more often than not now, it's an issue with the game, not the player(s).

Thanks.
  • Options
    korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 28
    26xrtsum5zv7.jpg

I can not do the golden Daily, because can't be transferred to a tfo map. Many report this in the chat too. Also not able to leave the team. "Not possible by auto teaming" ?????

Sorry my english, not my native language.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 28
    I'm getting it as well, doesn't matter which character I'm on, this FTO will not transfer, I even got it trying to beam to DS9 and back to my ship, it's getting really bad for some of us Devs for Im not the only one getting it. Everyone in the last two TFO's I tried to join got it as well. The only way I was able to get out of the team and stop the error is to leave the game. Please look into this today.

Thank you.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    twooftwo#4909 twooftwo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem for me. Tried on three characters and "map transfer fail" followed by penalty. Only seems to affect Twin tribulations on advanced, worked on one character on normal difficulty.
  • Options
    mmthebatmanmmthebatman Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'm the same. Tried to join the Twin Tribulations for the endeavour. Got constant map transfer failed scrolling on the screen. Now stuck in a leavers penalty for 30 mins.97lpr9rfubne.png
    tspqq287gdev.png
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Affects Twin Tribulations in normal as well.
    The leaver penalty bites because it isn't even our fault
  • Options
    zepheris#4678 zepheris Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Can replicate across all characters and fellow fleet/armada members have also reported this TFO as an issue.
  • Options
    lycantisayrlycantisayr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just got this. I was hesitant to join when I saw people talking about it in Zone, then I joined to see. This was a veritable nightmare. Map transfer failed spam, cannot leave team, map transfering does not fix it, and a leaver penalty for bailing on a broken TFO. Looks like there's an emergency maintenance happening on the 29th so I hope this is what they are resolving.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    It seems we all got this problem. I tried to do Twin tribulation with 6 of my characters. And what did I get: "Map transfer failed" and after that time penalty for leaving TFO (which I couldn't even start). Problem was also, that I couldn't even uncheck TFO for game to stop filling chat window with "Map transfer failed". It didn't even help changing toons or restarting game not even changing instances. I don't know how DEV will fix this up, becouse its Universal endeavour.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I've never had a leaver penalty, but I can agree this sort of thing should definitely be removed entirely, considering the actual percentage of people who ragequit during a TFO is vanishingly small. Feels like a "use napalm to kill a fly" sort of thing. Yeah, it gets the job done, but there tends to be a lot of unnecessary collateral.
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Managed to complete it yesterday but with only two players as everyone else were showing map fail. We almost beat the competing team. I don't know how many they managed to get in on their side but we almost beat them to the finish.
  • Options
    westifer1987westifer1987 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue today.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    On my end, the Twin Tribulations TFO is not even appearing on my TFO list.
    7v7nfpiin109.jpg
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    On my end, the Twin Tribulations TFO is not even appearing on my TFO list.
    7v7nfpiin109.jpg

I've seen this issue before - not for Twin Tribulations, but for some other ones. You have the filter set to Easy Difficulty. Try setting it to Medium. You don't have to QUEUE for Medium, but by changing that filter BOTH may become visible. I know, it makes no sense, but .... STO.