test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wrong character model in space

thedarkestsmurfthedarkestsmurf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
This is more funny than it is annoying, but what the hell, Cryptic?

fscqsa99m226.jpg
"The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp." ~ Sir Terry Pratchett (1948-2015)

Comments

• Options
    sb1980#5347 sb1980 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 17
    Aftermath of an orb experience?
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I'm seeing this, too, across all character/ship combos. It's happening randomly whether transferring from a ground map or transferring between space maps in any and all combinations. Changing instances or logging out and back in seems to fix it.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    edited January 31
    I had that happen last night on my tactical Fed captain too around DS9 after playing the recent episode.

Edit: Apparently I got a screenshot from this day and now here is a screenshot. My player character shines blue, is near the Romulan ship, is very small, and not very visible as a result. At the time, I did not think of zooming in since I was clueless how to make a screenshot on Windows 11, now I know how to do it two ways.

0imyte0hy5h5.jpg
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Happened to me twice this morning, on two different captains doing the new Battle of Wolf 359 TFO... Thought it was just that TFO that was bugged...
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    happening to me too. so far up to 4 times so far.
    Really hoping we get a break from hawkin lockbox ships to do some serious bug fixing, the servers need it badly.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    It's been happening to me for the past couple of weeks with different characters. Off the top of my head, I've had it happen when I warped into sector space from Kobali Prime, K-7, Argala, ESD space, and DS9. The other times I can remember were warping into the Solanae Dyson Sphere from sector space and one time when I beamed from Delta Command to my ship in the Jenolan Sphere. There are probably others, but I didn't keep track.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    Last night in the Guillotine TFO I saw a player who warped in as a Vulcan instead of a ship.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.