test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tractor Beam Catapult bugged

jcox2jcox2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited January 23 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Skil is trained on Boff and slotted but ability does not appear in the Powers Traycd4ce4g7lksi.png

Comments

• Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    did you look through the list to see if it has a different name in the skills bit ?

it might just be mislabelled

at least you can still drag from your boff tray, which is what i do sometimes.
  • Options
    harveycloneharveyclone Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    have the same bug,not showing in available skills to drag into tray or boff tray/station
  • Options
    Its not under any other name. Oddly the STO Last Generation Lockbox info page calls it "Tractor Beam Vault" instead of how it shows in the game as "TRACTOR BEAM CATAPULT" - neither are in the powers tray
  • Options
    edited January 23
    wxiup6ywgea4.png
    wodenaz wrote: »
    did you look through the list to see if it has a different name in the skills bit ?

it might just be mislabelled

at least you can still drag from your boff tray, which is what i do sometimes.

Cannot drag from BOFF Tray as the slot on the BOFF tray appears blank.
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Well def bugged then, sometimes special skills do not appear in the boff tray at least until you have messed with it a little.

I am guessing this is a lockbox skill though?

Was worth a shot seeing if it was merely under a different name in the available skills try, you never know with this game.
  • Options
    arm1stace93arm1stace93 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Having this exact same issue. I have it trained levels 1, 2 and 3 - none of them show up in the Powers tray. I've tried swapping out abilities (anything else slotted in the same place works), I've reset to default abilities for the character, I've tried setting it as a default ability - all fruitless. Would be great to get a resolution for this - the ability sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    arm1stace93arm1stace93 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Having this exact same issue. I have it trained levels 1, 2 and 3 - none of them show up in the Powers tray. I've tried swapping out abilities (anything else slotted in the same place works), I've reset to default abilities for the character, I've tried setting it as a default ability - all fruitless. Would be great to get a resolution for this - the ability sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

And just to clarify - I've searched the power tray list and it's definitely not listed in there as something else. The icon doesn't appear at all.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Can confirm.

Trained on BOff, not available in Powers List & does not show up in BOff Tray.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,599 Arc User
    None of the versions of this bridge officer skill can be slotted. Skill is unusable.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    After looking to buy one on the exchange, thought it odd that all of them were green, uncommon quality. Tooltips show each with the correct name I, II or III but the rank type is:
    I - Ensign
    2 - Lieutenant
    3 - Lieutenant

Do a search based on quality they fail to come up at all unless it is set to Any. So looks like something in the code is messed up.
  • Options
    night44450night44450 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I too have the same problem. After trying to find a work around with known alternatives to the power tray. I had submitted a ticket to the devs. I just checked it and got a response, it's a known bug and they are working on it it. At this time they don't have a fix for it yet and no ETA as to when it will be fixed. Hopefully it will be soon. As like anyone else i'm eager to start chucking asteroids at my targets. :wink:
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    night44450 wrote: »
    I too have the same problem. After trying to find a work around with known alternatives to the power tray. I had submitted a ticket to the devs. I just checked it and got a response, it's a known bug and they are working on it it. At this time they don't have a fix for it yet and no ETA as to when it will be fixed. Hopefully it will be soon. As like anyone else i'm eager to start chucking asteroids at my targets. :wink:

Well from the patch notes it looks like they are fixing most of it, but at least one of the bugs related to it wont be fixed with the patch.

Ensigns will not be able to train them along with these 2 Malicious AI, Organic Nebula, I assume when they say enign ranked Boffs they mean the lowest level of the skill i.e. rank one.

but could be wrong.