test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken Camera

I just wanted to report a bug I have been experiencing for the past couple of months now. When I transwarp to the Sphere Space - Allied Zone instance the camera often breaks for me.

I have no control over the camera when I move the right thumbstick and it refuses to follow my ship. While I am completely able to fly around, it's impossible to play as I cannot see where I am on the map or where my ship is facing.

Occasionally, the camera will correct itself, but very rarely. Warping out and back in sometimes fixes it. It's happened with a couple of my ships; the Tier 6X Constitution Class Temporal Light Cruiser and the Tier 6X Constitution Class Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier.

It's fairly benign and not too detrimental to gameplay, which is why I haven't reported it sooner. But I supposed some others may have been suffering with it too and waiting for someone else to report it. I understand developing and maintaining an MMO must be difficult, so no animosity from me.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    A similar thing happens on Playstation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zm1pE6DbcQ
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    dalamardalamar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2023
    I have one where my camera controls keeps pulling out to the widest pov on its own instead of staying on the pov I put it on. I logged in after installing the update and that's when I noticed it. I tried putting back on the one I usually use ( the closest one) but as soon I did it went back to the widest one on its own.
  • Options
    dalamardalamar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2023
    Ok so I put my pov to were I wanted it then logged off then logged back on and it seems to have fixed the issue until I went and did a deep space encounter as soon as I loaded back into sector space the camera view Started acting up again.
    Post edited by dalamar on
  • Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I had this same experience on the Xbox Series-X a couple days ago. I figured it had something to do with the Camera Zoom bug, but it was just like in the video shown above. It should be noted it happened, also, right after I had transwarped into the Solanae Dyson's Sphere starting area. Camera just froze in place and you couldn't use the right joystick to move the camera in any direction.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Any news on when we're getting a fix for this? Can't even do the Red Alert missions because it's so bad.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."