What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Embracer Group CLOSED Volition Studios

13»

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    It appears someone has changed the setting on this thread where replies no longer 'bump' it up, so it will slowly disappear off the first page even though people are still posting in it. Good to know.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    It appears someone has changed the setting on this thread where replies no longer 'bump' it up, so it will slowly disappear off the first page even though people are still posting in it. Good to know.

It's not just here in this thread mate. I've been having replies I make disappear into the aether. I also notice a lot of replies in other threads all over the place where people are replying to posts that aren't visible and whole threads that look to have been emptied out of posts. There's a thread in the general discussion about the forums being out of sorts. Somethings buggered up for sure.

I know the forums are messed up, but I'm talking about something different than you are. All threads get "bumped" to the top (under the last sticky) when someone replies, unless the person is shadowbanned or unless a moderator has changed the setting of the thread to no lo longer get bumped (so it will slowly disappear off the page). I will test 3 other threads on this sub and see if my replies bump them correctly (and take screenshots) for verification, then report back here.

And this post (that you are reading how should actually "bump" up this thread if things were working normally. We'll see after I hit reply...

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Alrighty then. So I just posted in 3 other threads in Ten Forward, and every one bumped up to the top except this one:

https://imgur.com/a/6oZhZkb

Out of the threads tested, this happens to be the only one about the troubles with Cryptic. Someone has clearly disabled it's upward movement setting.

**edit**

And yes, even after this reply (that you are reading now) this thread is still below the others:

GeOtEhW.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    The thread is no longer being highlighted as having new responses either.

Oh well, nothing to see here, absolutely everything is fine - move along...