test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Engineers use the wrong energy type for their flamethrower turrets

sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Teva'wov@sylveonsenpai
What the issue is:

Klingon engineer characters create plasma flamethrower turrets, rather than disruptor flamethrower turrets, when using the fleet kit module "Flamethrower Turret Fabrication V" (Ultra-Rare beam turret kit module from the Fleet Embassy). It creates a plasma flamethrower instead, dealing plasma damage. I've tried this on multiple maps, unequipping the turret for a non-flamethrower turret (the regular ones are Disruptor), but the flamethrower turret on a Klingon character will always create a plasma one. On Federation based characters, it is instead a phaser flamethrower turret, matching the "flavour" of the Federation.
w0y9w0bfnbuy.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Were you able to figure out if it is a tooltip / description only issue, or if the turrets actually deal plasma damage in the combat log?
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Yes, the Ultra rare version deals plasma damage with its long-range attack. It's even deploys showing it as a Plasma Flamethrower. But as least it lasts the whole 180 seconds like it should.

The Very rare or lower versions deploy as Disruptor turrets but only last 30 seconds and don't show a visual when they fire. You just see the turret recoil. It does damage mobs.

This is only on KDF characters, other factions work normally. I've posted about this MANY times in the past. It just seems to not be a priority.
  • Options
    sylveonsenpaisylveonsenpai Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    Were you able to figure out if it is a tooltip / description only issue, or if the turrets actually deal plasma damage in the combat log?

Yes I was. It deals Plasma, I even checked with the energy type endeavour.

Despite this, Romulans have Plasma flamethrower turrets, and Feds have Phaser flamethrower turrets. KDF are supposed to be disruptor, like their "weaker" (non-fleet) turrets, yet...they're not.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 658 Arc User
    I submitted a bug report on this issue and all the other issues KDF Engineers have with beam turrets. They knew about the 30 second duration bug and are looking into the wrong engery type and the missing visuals.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    There is a bit of a difference with my KDF aligned Jem toon. I can see that two turets get dropped, a polaron flamethrower and a plasma flamethrower turret And these can fire at the same time. Makes me wonder if a disrupter and a plasma flame turret are getting dropped and as they have similar colour attacks one is being missed.
    Not the best image but you can see the two beams (no flame as made sure no Arthropod was in range. Also if you look closly you can see that the two different turrets are there.

Of course this could be yet another slightly different KDF Turret bug as both last 3 minutes.

9qq866n9ittw.jpg