test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pause function do you use it?

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
I was just curious has to how many players use the pause function on single player ground missions?

Edit: the last option should be: The game has a pause button?!?.
sorry for the typo.

Pause function do you use it? 30 votes

I use it all the time.
3% 1 vote
I never use it.
70% 21 votes
I use it when I remember we can.
10% 3 votes
The game has a button?!?
16% 5 votes
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I do if I have something coming out of the oven to answer the phone or answer the door
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    I only use by accident as I avoid going AFK in places where it would be needed, the nice thing about cell phones is that I can talk and play the same time and the chances of there being anyone at the door are rather slim, due to there being an additional floor one must enter thru to get to my apartment door.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Nope...I just look for somewhere safe and afk if I'm in a combat situation. It only lasts a short time which is often too short for what I went afk for
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Nope...I just look for somewhere safe and afk if I'm in a combat situation. It only lasts a short time which is often too short for what I went afk for

^This
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    There's no point in the "Pause" function in a multi-player situation - I don't think it's even possible to use it then anyway!

However, when playing single-player content, it would be useful to have this feature. As it is, it only lasts 10-20 seconds and the game resumes - nowhere near long enough for when nature comes a-calling...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    However, when playing single-player content, it would be useful to have this feature. As it is, it only lasts 10-20 seconds and the game resumes - nowhere near long enough for when nature comes a-calling...

I wanna say that the maximum time that can accumulate is 45 seconds. But yea... its really only good for if you need a moment in combat to try and assess things and plan a move. Not for the traditional reason to pause a game, which is RL stuff. For that its better to wait until you're out of combat and AFK from a safe spot.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > I wanna say that the maximum time that can accumulate is 45 seconds. But yea... its really only good for if you need a moment in combat to try and assess things and plan a move. Not for the traditional reason to pause a game, which is RL stuff. For that its better to wait until you're out of combat and AFK from a safe spot.

I reckon they originally envisioned ground combat being a bit more tactical than it turned out to be - with firing off BOFF abilities and stuff (I bet there are plenty of people who don't know you can manually activate these too).
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I didn't even know we could pause the game.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Must have been years ago since I last used it.

The function doesn't seem that useful to me. It only works for less than a minute, usually when I have to walk away, it's for longer so you're better off just placing your ship or captain far away from enemies if you have to walk away.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    mudhut#3231 mudhut Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I use it quite often on ground play. I like micromanaging my away team and I use the pause button to give orders to my team. It’s not necessary as I know I can just plow right thru but STO is my escape from life for a bit game so I really get immersed.
This discussion has been closed.