test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Universal Kit Modules - for Captains Alone?

startrek414347#9616 startrek414347 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Without any more slots in which to place 'em, my Captain has more Universal Kit Modules than she can use; but her Bridge Officers have no slots for those modules either.

Any one Captain's Bridge Officers featuring those needed slots will suffice for me.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The problem with that is, from what I can see, that would technically conflict with their abilities. Training Manuals are basically the kit modules for BOffs, and we set which abilities are active. While we can give Elite BOffs a Kit Frame, it doesn't change how they use abilities. For them to be able to use a Kit Module you'd probably have to completely rework how BOffs use abilities, or treat the Kit Module as a Device, which in itself is a messy can of worms because how do you set a Kit Module to be a Device for a BOff and not a Captain?

So overall from a coding standpoint I don't see how it would work without breaking something hardcore.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The problem with that is, from what I can see, that would technically conflict with their abilities. Training Manuals are basically the kit modules for BOffs, and we set which abilities are active. While we can give Elite BOffs a Kit Frame, it doesn't change how they use abilities. For them to be able to use a Kit Module you'd probably have to completely rework how BOffs use abilities, or treat the Kit Module as a Device, which in itself is a messy can of worms because how do you set a Kit Module to be a Device for a BOff and not a Captain?

So overall from a coding standpoint I don't see how it would work without breaking something hardcore.

And it doesn't work that code for boffs using devices is a mess by itself so even if they could sort the problems you mentioned the boffs would probably not use said kit modules effectively.

Honestly I think we need a full ground up rebuild for ground combat (excuse the pun) so that boffs would be more effective.
  • Options
    startrek414347#9616 startrek414347 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

And it doesn't work that code for boffs using devices is a mess by itself so even if they could sort the problems you mentioned the boffs would probably not use said kit modules effectively.

Honestly I think we need a full ground up rebuild for ground combat (excuse the pun) so that boffs would be more effective.
    Indeed.
This discussion has been closed.