test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Started a new Romulan.. original boffs cannot change uniforms

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
I tried to change satra, hiven and Vigil into federation uniforms.. not happening. I was hoping to keep at lease some originals on the roster, other than tolan khev. I guess the Delta officers will just have to take their places after all.
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    I think that's been the case forever. You can change to other Romulan uniforms but not much else.

The TOS crew is more restricted than random fed recruits as well. If you have a Mirror theme crew Tarsi is stuck with the regular TOS uniform and no goatee.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    NOOOO!!! Tarsi needs a beard
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    I tried to change satra, hiven and Vigil into federation uniforms.. not happening. I was hoping to keep at lease some originals on the roster, other than tolan khev. I guess the Delta officers will just have to take their places after all.

Unfortunately, Satra, Hiven and Veril are not able to wear factional Fed or KDF uniforms (I tried). I think this might also be the case with the Jem'Hadar not being able to wear ranks above Ensign if they were to be put in Fed uniforms.
  • Options
    I think that's been the case forever. You can change to other Romulan uniforms but not much else.

The TOS crew is more restricted than random fed recruits as well. If you have a Mirror theme crew Tarsi is stuck with the regular TOS uniform and no goatee.

I also noticed that bearded Fed officers, especially bearded TOS and standard Tellarites, are unable to wear ranks above Ensign on their Odyssey uniforms.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    I am curious as to why anyone would want to put the Romulan starter boffs into Federation uniform in the first place, it is not like they are in Starfleet, they were never meant to be anything but RRF officers.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    I am curious as to why anyone would want to put the Romulan starter boffs into Federation uniform in the first place...
    They all have unique uniform pieces as well, which sets them apart from other tutorial boffs.
    (I'm hesitant to edit them just in case I loose access to those unique parts.)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    I am curious as to why anyone would want to put the Romulan starter boffs into Federation uniform in the first place...
    They all have unique uniform pieces as well, which sets them apart from other tutorial boffs.

You won't. Those unique parts continue to remain available in their specific costume options. I tend to throw them back on those characters no matter what uniforms I might put them in, because of them being unique to those BOFFs.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options

There are unique parts; Veril has a shredded loincloth on her outfit that is either from a Gorn or an Orion.
This discussion has been closed.