test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CLAIM THE USS RESOLUTE FROM STAR TREK: RESURGENCE!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
edited November 2023 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Claim the hero ship from the adventure game Star Trek: Resurgence for free!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11555973
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    So a very exciting blog post showed up on the Star Trek Resurgence blog - https://www.startrek-resurgence.com/news - with this passage sticking out.
    "Furthermore, players of Star Trek Online will soon leave Space Dock in the captain’s chair of the U.S.S. Resolute, the hero ship of Star Trek: Resurgence! Star Trek Online captains can get this beloved starship for free in Star Trek Online from October 12 to November 30. The Resolute, a Centaur-class refit born during the Dominion War, serves as a science vessel on the frontier of Federation space. As any seasoned Star Trek fan knows, the ship is at the core of every extraordinary adventure, whether making meaningful decisions in Star Trek: Resurgence or embarking on exciting quests in Star Trek Online."

So, ship for free, a giveaway, a tie in promotion for Resurgence. Neat!
    But the STO Facebook seems to say it's a skin, not a ship?

Which is it? I would imagine a skin as free ship out of nowhere seems unlikely, but still.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    might be an admiralty card?
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
  • Options
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    'Claim the Resolute'. Claim WHAT?
    If it's a token, SAY SOMETHING about it.
    If it's just a skin, release it and be done with it.
    THIS TELLS US NOTHING ABOUT WHAT IN THE NAME OF GIBLE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO DO.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    So, ship for free, a giveaway, a tie in promotion for Resurgence. Neat!
    The STO blog post says this:
    A Centaur-class refit and survivor of the Dominion War, this starship serves as a science vessel on the frontier of Federation space...
    Currently, all of the Miranda variants are Engineer-focussed ships, so we can conclude that this is a completely separate ship.
    I'm expecting scaling T4, similar to the Prototype Walker Light Exploration Cruiser or the Kobayashi Maru Freighter.
    I think our chances of it being T6 are very slim, but if it is, it's probably going to have fewer consoles similar to the M'Chla Bird-of-Prey Refit.
    But the STO Facebook seems to say it's a skin, not a ship?
    No, it says that by claiming the Resolute, we will unlock the skin on the other Miranda variants.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    It's a skin for existing Miranda-class variants.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    For those who don't watch bi-weekly live-streams, Ambassador Kael confirmed STO already has its own Resolute class starship. And this costume can be found under the Promotions tab of the C-store.

However, neither the live-stream nor this blog tells us what it's called? Centaur Refit, maybe? Player's will need to know what, exactly, they should look for. So as not to miss the limited time opportunity to claim it.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Yes, it's just a skin. However, the headline and the picture are misleading. They make you think you are getting a ship and that the 10th Anniversary bundle would be coming back at the same time. The body of the post does make it clear that it's a visual aka skin and there is no mention of the bundle.

ebvpvvzfo7mp.png
    Better wording would have been Claim the hero ship skin.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Boo to this news! I don’t think it is misleading because we are certainly claiming a ship—being the skin. But you know those TFO junkies were hoping for a new trait and console. Since it is free with no grind…thanks! I probably will never use it.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    ugh...i only have one gripe.....this is an epic game store exclusive....and its a cloud game. Which means once they delete it or alter it, you have no choice but to lose the game you purchased.

Why oh why did this group jump on the band wagon for this?

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    ugh...i only have one gripe.....this is an epic game store exclusive....and its a cloud game. Which means once they delete it or alter it, you have no choice but to lose the game you purchased.

Not sure what you're talking about. You have no need to purchase anything. The skin is available in the C-Store Promotions Tab.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User

This promotion is precisely because Resurgence is getting a physical release.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    What are the chances we may see the USS Resolute bridge materialize, to go with this promo? Also, since you get to play as a part Kobliad officer (Jara Rydek), will we likely see Kobliads become a playable Federation character species?
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    crioijouls wrote: »
    What are the chances we may see the USS Resolute bridge materialize, to go with this promo? Also, since you get to play as a part Kobliad officer (Jara Rydek), will we likely see Kobliads become a playable Federation character species?

Chances are near 0. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    Yes, but this is the Centaur Refit skin we're getting, from the U.S.S. Resolute in a completely different game!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2023

Star Trek Resurgence takes place in 2380, plenty of time for the USS Resolute to be decommissioned or exploded by STO's timeframe.

A good chunk of STO's 2409 refits are named after related ships from older eras, directly implying those ships have been retired/lost. Ex. Thunderchild, Bellerophon, Excalibur, Sutherland, Stargazer, Valiant, Monitor, Lexington, Gagarin, Earhart, Europa, ect. So, this shouldn't be a new dynamic to wrap one's head around. See also. Enterprise. There's been more than one.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I wish i learned of this sooner... or had a new computer...
    My options aren't looking too good. i'm still stuck w/a broken PC. Maybe i might be able to get an external hard drive & run the game on that... wish me Luck?
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.