test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

K13 is DONE! Woo!

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, after many, many years of solo grinding, bankrupting every character I have and struggling the whole way to do it, I've FINISHED my K13! Tier 3 baby!

So, went in to check it out. Ugly pink jellyfish flying around outside, but whatever. Beamed over with a big grin. First thing I see... a guy sitting in the floor. Palm, meet face.

Oh well.

I do like the TOS styling. Too bad there's not a living area or private office, but it's still pretty nifty.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    So, after many, many years of solo grinding, bankrupting every character I have and struggling the whole way to do it, I've FINISHED my K13! Tier 3 baby!

So, went in to check it out. Ugly pink jellyfish flying around outside, but whatever. Beamed over with a big grin. First thing I see... a guy sitting in the floor. Palm, meet face.

Oh well.

I do like the TOS styling. Too bad there's not a living area or private office, but it's still pretty nifty.

Well congrats!!! Your persistence is inspirational!!! <3

52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Congratulations! Each of those milestones are great achievements… I and two others are currently doing what you are doing to try and finish the colony, so I feel your pain…

Well played, sir!
    CRM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    evilspokevilspok Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Or you could have invited people to your fleet and got it done in a few months at most. This is an mmo after all. But if you like the challenge go for it. Challenge is also what an mmo is about.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Congrats! Fed or KDF fleet? It seems more of a benefit for TOS captains since you can get the Fed TOS beams, ground phasers, drones and costumes but you can also get TOS Klingons there. The photon mortar kit for engineers is also good since it has a 4 second launch cycle instead of 6.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Congrats!, solo fleet here too.. i just finished last month the Dilithium Mine, so i know the feeling.. i dont know when im going to finish the rest, as i play less and less, but i'll try, so, glory to you and your house!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    edited September 2023
    Congrats! Solo Fleet here as well. I've already maxed the Holdings on my FED Fleet. Currently, working on getting my Starbase to Tier 5 and my Colony to Tier 3.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Starbase: Fleet ships at level 5
    Spire: Vulnerability Locators for tac slots, adding +1.9% CrtH per console at Mk XV to the normal energy or projectile damage of consoles. Like the Bellium consoles from the Discovery rep, but for specific types like Disruptor instead of the lower damage generic "beams" or "cannons"
    Research Lab: SCIENCE! consoles for full EPG + 2/3 Control per console; buy extra trait slots
    Colony: Lukari bridge officers and some tanky consoles, but this will take a very long time to unlock and mountains of dil

If you want to fly a full science ship (with secondary deflector) and max exotic damage, the Research Lab is the most useful of those because you can add a huge amount of control on top of your EPG "for free".
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    evilspok wrote: »
    Or you could have invited people to your fleet and got it done in a few months at most. This is an mmo after all. But if you like the challenge go for it. Challenge is also what an mmo is about.

Yep, and they donate everything except Dil, and when things are available to them on NoP, they go there and don't stick around... :wink:
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    Congrats! Solo Fleet here as well. I've already maxed the Holdings on my FED Fleet. Currently, working on getting my Starbase to Tier 5 and my Colony to Tier 3.

I don't know if I have the patience to do another one, honestly...

Having said that, which one (other than K13) is considered the best one to advance? I mean, I've finished K13, but it really doesn't offer me much of anything as far as gear and officers go... Is there one that has more valuable stuff to achieve?

Well, I actually, I did the Dilithium Mine first, because it gives a stacking discount on Fleet Marks for all other Fleet projects. So, in the long run, it helps with leveling the Starbase and other Holdings.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.