test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infinity promo R&D/Event campaign lockbox and drydock issues

corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 118 Arc User
Hi I am finding a problem with these mechanics in game especially with the drydock. I am wondering is there a way to turn Infinity promo R &D and event campaign lockbox to Account unlock as with alot of C Store ships running out of ship space is an issue. Having the ships be account unlock would also make it easier to get the hull variations for all accounts not wasting ship slots. The R&D infinity promo also has terrible chances of getting the event ships. A suggestion for the drydock would be to include loadouts so we don't get equipment to flood bank and inventory space.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Up until the Promo ships get added to Mudd's and you re-buy them, there's nothing you can do to make them account wide. Cryptic makes a lot of money from people re-acquiring Promo ships on alts, up until they're put in Mudd's anyway and they get a fair amount of money for that too.

A for the odds, as you've discovered: The better way around the odds is to buy the packs, keys, or other items you can put on the Exchange (like T5-U tokens, T6-X, etc.,) and then just buy the ship off another player, though that usually means going to a trade channel as Promo ships cost more than the current cap of 1.5 Bil of the Exchange, unless the Promo event is active, then you'll see some at 1.5 Bil on the Exchange.

The Drydock system not storing your gear is a technical limitation from my understanding. Storing your gear too would be too much for the database that runs the Drydock with it's potentially large number of ships per user.
  • Options
    Well the only reason why I am asking for account unlock for event and R&D ships is because of how difficult it is to get them and the fact it takes up a ship slot. If we could get an ability to have them be owned like C store T6 ships we can also farm consoles and weapons without fear of losing them permanently. Well one solution I can think of for drydock is to have the current active loadouts saved and the ship saved as compressed files as the current system dumps into inventory and even with extensions is pretty premium on space.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,023 Arc User
    Well one solution I can think of for drydock is to have the current active loadouts saved and the ship saved as compressed files as the current system dumps into inventory and even with extensions is pretty premium on space.
    What makes you think they wouldn't be compressed already?

Besides, the Drydock is simply a way to 'store' a ship without it taking up a Ship Slot. You'll have noticed that when you retrieve a ship from drydock, that all customisations made have been reset. Clearly, the Drydock is simply storing the internal ID of the ship, its' name and registry, and nothing else. The equipment on that ship is then freed up to be used elsewhere - and that's where loadouts come into play.

Whilst I'd love to see Lockbox & R&D Promo ships being made account unlock, I just don't see that happening. Cryptic likely get a large portion of their STO income from the way the system is currently set up and that's a perfectly valid source of income for a Free=To=Play game to utilise.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    How would a compromise of unlimited ability to get event and lockbox ships as a recovery but it's through the ship requisition and event reclaim area of the player menu? If you own the ship you can receive it an unlimited number of times( also event reward equipment and weapons as well) as opposed to only two times of being able to receive it per toon.
  • Options
    ...as opposed to only two times of being able to receive it per toon.
    Whut? Event rewards are reclaimable as many times as needed via the Event Reclaim interface.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    Nope you can only reclaim it once per toon. Twice if you claim it from the event menu.
  • Options
    If I can only reclaim it twice, how come all my bridge officers and myself are currently wearing the Torchbearer EV suit?
    Four of the bridge officers are using the Section 31 Phaser!
    And on most alts, I have multiple copies of the Revolutionary Space Set on all their ships and the shuttle.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    This has actually been addressed already with current systems. You've been spamming this for awhile now, though, so... spamming /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.