test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A lot of server discos today

sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
been disco'ed like 9 times within 10 minutes so far today. checked all my cables, net etc, this is the only game I'm disco'ing on.
"Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Possible that there's something between you and STO's servers that is interfering. Don't forget that playing any MMO is not a direct connection to the game server like plugging a cable into it. Just like city streets there are nodes where you could get caught in traffic. There are also other concerns like weather or other things that may impact connection.

As for why STO and no other game... depends on the route you take from your desk to the various games servers.

Connection issues are not black and white easy to diagnose. There was a time where some people were blaming Cryptic when the issue was actually caused by some security service in one of the common data transit nodes owned by someone else confusing normal MMO traffic for a DDoS attack and throttling the speeds, which in turn impacted normal gaming activity. Some of us veterans remember the COGENT saga. Even frustrated the Devs if I recall.

Only thing I can suggest for now is to try a traceroute to see if it is either your end, Cryptic's end, or something in between. Could be out of anyone's control for all we know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Possible that there's something between you and STO's servers that is interfering. Don't forget that playing any MMO is not a direct connection to the game server like plugging a cable into it. Just like city streets there are nodes where you could get caught in traffic. There are also other concerns like weather or other things that may impact connection.

As for why STO and no other game... depends on the route you take from your desk to the various games servers.

Connection issues are not black and white easy to diagnose. There was a time where some people were blaming Cryptic when the issue was actually caused by some security service in one of the common data transit nodes owned by someone else confusing normal MMO traffic for a DDoS attack and throttling the speeds, which in turn impacted normal gaming activity. Some of us veterans remember the COGENT saga. Even frustrated the Devs if I recall.

Only thing I can suggest for now is to try a traceroute to see if it is either your end, Cryptic's end, or something in between. Could be out of anyone's control for all we know.

Uggh, Cogent. I do remember that. I also remember some forumers not believing that and that Cryptic was conspiracing to make their play time a living hell.

Sigh
    pjxgwS8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.