test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Firing buttons activate devices or abilities instead of firing

For XBOX Series S, on ground, my one character R'Tol@SenorCoCoGator can no longer use Right Trigger, Right Bumper, or B to attack on the ground. Instead, Right Trigger activates a tribble, and the other two buttons don't do anything.

I've already tried the "Reset to Default" under the controls section, which made no difference.

Everything else works as normal, and other characters work as normal. Just R'Tol is affected.

This began when I connected a keyboard to my XBOX (to help with chat) and I pressed some buttons. I don't know exactly what I pressed, but I recently realized it was during when I had the "P" key "Available Skills - Drag to Tray" menu opened (which will only open via keyboard "P" key, but I can't do anything with it on XBOX).

I just need my firing / melee buttons reset, please, and I suppose I'll avoid opening the "P" menu.

I have opened support Ticket #909813 and they asked me to post about it here and let them know when I've done so.

Here's a video of what's happening. You'll see that I'm able to activate a tribble without opening the abilities wheel, and I can't fire.

R'Tol character cannot fire weapons
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    christhomas861christhomas861 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Any chance someone could let me know an update on this, please? I'm still having this issue and support has closed my case on it, leaving it in the hands of the "devs".
  • Options
    drktrooper81#5875 drktrooper81 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    > @christhomas861 said:
    > Any chance someone could let me know an update on this, please? I'm still having this issue and support has closed my case on it, leaving it in the hands of the "devs".

Lol good luck with that. The devs don't answer us
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Only two things I can think of is:
    1. Perhaps plug the keyboard back in and try and change the settings again.
    2. Uninstall the game fully incl the cache and then re-install, a long process I know but I can't think of anything else.

I've not heard of this issue before so sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    Uninstall the game fully incl the cache and then re-install...
    On PS4, I can go into the consoles "Save Game Management" and remove the config file for the game, which it will remake when I next launche the game. I'll have to go into the game Options and reset them to my preferences, but it does clear any problem for which I can't figure out a solution. (I make it sound like it's happening all the time, but it was only the one time.)

Are you able to do something similar on Xbox?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    On PS4, I can go into the consoles "Save Game Management" and remove the config file for the game, which it will remake when I next launch the game. I'll have to go into the game Options and reset them to my preferences, but it does clear any problem for which I can't figure out a solution.

Are you able to do something similar on Xbox?

Yes there is a way to delete the local game save file (I don't remember how just now) I think the process is similar to what you described for PS4, but I've only done it once and that was on the previous Gen Xbox about 2 years ago. If I remember I have a look next time I play.

**EDIT** Found it, it is under game management just below Updates for the game. Click on the tile for the game then press the little button to the right of the Big X start button and select Manage Game/Add-ons and you should see the list to delete the local game Save files.

As to whether this will fix the problem, I do not know.
    Post edited by knightmare#8708 on
  • Options
    christhomas861christhomas861 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks to all of you who are trying to help! Yes, I had already tried deleting that save file, but it didn't fix the issue. I've also went the uninstall / clear / reinstall route. There is someone else having the same problem but with only their B button (see the newer post from yesterday titled "Control Problems").