test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flagship Distress Frequency Transponder - spawning flagships everywhere for no reason.

There appears to be a bug with "Flagship Distress Frequency Transponder" causing it to auto spawn flagships.

Sol system is flooded with NPC odyssey ships everywhere and few jem hadar NPC dreadnoughts as well.

iARMZzD.png
1xe027q.png

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    More likely it's us players causing some temporary chaos by activating our Fleet Support skill after getting the new item.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    truthprosecutortruthprosecutor Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I saw that while passing through ESD yesterday and thought it was a bunch of Lexington players in a flashmob or something.

Seriously, I can't go a single day without seeing at least one person in one of those things. lol

Anyway, I'm about two days away from winning this item myself; if I don't see a bunch of random Odysseys automatically warping in during my questing, or even any tied to me during a trip to ESD, I think inferiority's explanation is more likely.
  • Options
    ...I think inferiority's explanation is more likely.
    I'm always up for some mischief so I recognise it when I see it.
    (One of my characters now flies the "U.S.S. InvalidEntityName".)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    It's a shame one has to manually equip the transponder into the Devices tab instead of just having it in the Inventory, like the rest of the transponders (Nimbus Pirate, Delta Alliance Reinforcements, Phased Waveform Beacon).
  • Options
    It's a shame one has to manually equip the transponder into the Devices tab instead of just having it in the Inventory, like the rest of the transponders (Nimbus Pirate, Delta Alliance Reinforcements, Phased Waveform Beacon).

Nimbus Pirates, last I checked, must be equipped also.

Fair enough on the others, though.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited June 2023

You don't need to slot the new transponder into a device slot. I read on another thread it can be activated from your inventory. Although I can not confirm if this is true or not.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    > @truthprosecutor said:
    > Nimbus Pirates, last I checked, must be equipped also.
    >
    > Fair enough on the others, though.

You don't need to equip the Nimbus Pirate Beacon. Just have it in your inventory.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    All of the distress beacons are usable directly from Inventory. This newest one, which enhances Fleet Support, is no exception.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    All of the distress beacons are usable directly from Inventory. This newest one, which enhances Fleet Support, is no exception.

Are you sure? A "use" command does not become available to me when it is in the inventory, unlike the other beacons. I did find that I could do so with the Nimbus Pirates after all, testing it just now. The new beacon, not so much... In fact, "More Details" claims directly that it must be equipped. But it never appears on the hotbar either way.

Trying it in a patrol right now however, the "use" command that appears when the new beacon is equipped ultimately seems to have no input whatsoever, and what I got from Fleet Support was an Inquiry without it equipped, not an Odyssey, let alone the Enterprise itself, like what I got this morning before the patch. Maybe the beacon was patched; I'll have to check the notes for today. But I think it really is required to be equipped to have any effect at all; with it equipped, I get whatever ship I rolled in addition to the Enterprise when I use Fleet Support. Which is probably exactly how it worked the first time when I got it.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Pressed a wrong button, ignore this please.

• Options
    Are you sure? A "use" command does not become available to me when it is in the inventory, unlike the other beacons. I did find that I could do so with the Nimbus Pirates after all, testing it just now. The new beacon, not so much... In fact, "More Details" claims directly that it must be equipped. But it never appears on the hotbar either way.
    The new item only enhances Fleet Support and doesn't have its' own separate clicky.
    I was, however, wrong about it working from the Inventory - it does need equipped.
    (I'd used it in a TFO and the arrival of the Bortasqu' was likely due to someone else and not me. When I activated it during a Patrol, no flagship showed up.)
  • Options
    The new item only enhances Fleet Support and doesn't have its' own separate clicky.
    I was, however, wrong about it working from the Inventory - it does need equipped.
    (I'd used it in a TFO and the arrival of the Bortasqu' was likely due to someone else and not me. When I activated it during a Patrol, no flagship showed up.)

In that case, how are so many Odysseys appearing at ESD? There's nothing to threaten you there, so somehow people must be putting themselves into Red Alert to make Fleet Support able to be used...

I guess it's actually pretty easy to do that. Science/Engineering/Tactical Fleet inexplicably sends you into Red Alert on use. I know this because I've had it happen consistently. But is this really how people are summoning so many Odysseys in an otherwise perfectly safe area? lol
  • Options
    There's a trait called Command Frequency that removes the low hull restriction.
    Additionally, it is possible to put yourself into Red Alert even in Earth Orbit. Then, you can trigger Fleet Support.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Yes, I'm aware of that trait; that's why I didn't even mention the low hull requirement. I use that trait myself. lol

I'm a bit lost, though. For Starfleet players, the beacon summons the Enterprise. Not just any old Odyssey variant like the mastery trait from the Titan science destroyer, but the Enterprise itself, which is a Yorktown. So where are all these U.S.S. Odyssey clones coming from? Do they just not appear as the Enterprise to anyone who didn't summon them? On top of that, the Enterprise is a Dreadnought-rank mob; these Odysseys are all Battleship-rank.

It doesn't make any sense, arrrgh!

EDIT: Okay, hang on. I see some of the problem. The Enterprise is not leaving. It just doesn't leave. It's supposed to leave after 45 seconds, but it doesn't, and neither do these Odysseys. The first summon on a given space map is always Enterprise (at least to those who summon it), but later summons are regular Odysseys, at least as long as this bug is in effect. Further more, to the summoner at least, these Odyssey clones are indeed Dreadnought-rank mobs like the Enterprise. But when you leave the map and come back, it becomes a Battleship-rank mob instead, and no longer tied to you. The Enterprise itself does seem to disappear when you do, though, even though whatever Odysseys you summon remain.

Very curious.
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Btw, does any else have an issue where the summon fleet support (normal or with flagship) since this update is now kinda broken? Instead of becoming available at 50% like it should for my characters, it sometimes becomes available at 25% and sometimes never activates at all and remains greyed out. Only my Jem'Hadar with the trait that lets you use it regardless of health can actually summon a ship when its supposed to.
  • Options
    dojihajimedojihajime Member Posts: 29 Arc User

I kinda wish the enhances part was highlighted better because been searching for "how it works" because I am on a character that just hit captain.

Star Trek Online Player

City of Heroes Refugee
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    dojihajime wrote: »
    I kinda wish the enhances part was highlighted better because been searching for "how it works" ...
    Aye, it was in the original blog, but just one short sentence that didn't really explain it fully:
    In addition, you’ll receive the Fleet Flagship Distress Frequency. This passive device summons the Flagship of your faction when you activate Fleet Support.
    So, equip the item in your ship Device slots & click the "Fleet Support" power.

The downside of the enhanced Fleet Support is losing a Device slot.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    This is getting ridiculous. It's everywhere now. I warped into DS9 and could hardly move.

Needs a nerf so it can't be used in social zones.

Screenshot_209.png
    screenshot_2023-06-23-13-53-20.jpg
    screenshot_2023-06-23-17-10-15.jpg

1xe027q.png
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Qo'noS is building an armada as well.
    h7kiv6dp76uh.jpg

Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Yup, it's just getting worse and worse. New Romulus is just as bad now.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
  • Options
    tiberius2409#6770 tiberius2409 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This reminds me of Star Trek Armada players what would build fleets up, as a Rom main myself, New Romulus has a huge influx of ODDessys and in the corner of the warp in point there is just a whole group of Falchons just chillen, scheming, creepen, Probably Tal-Shiar agents lying in wait :o meanwhile ESD became DS9 Earth edition as Jem Hadar dreadnaught cruisers just are just vibing, studying this blue marble humans call home.
  • Options
    scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The Great War is coming. All sides building their army.
  • Options
    nagash2nagash2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @splatty said:
    > Btw, does any else have an issue where the summon fleet support (normal or with flagship) since this update is now kinda broken? Instead of becoming available at 50% like it should for my characters, it sometimes becomes available at 25% and sometimes never activates at all and remains greyed out. Only my Jem'Hadar with the trait that lets you use it regardless of health can actually summon a ship when its supposed to.

Yep. Have a similar problem on my KDF-aligned Romulan: equipping the transponder in a Romulan ship completely disables Fleet Support so that it is always greyed out and never able to activate.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Well, with regard to the bugs surrounding the transponder's broken duration for the spawned flagship and such, they were apparently hotfixed either this morning or last night. The flagship will now stay for the entire duration of a fight, or presumably until it is defeated, then warp away, whichever happens first, just like the ship Fleet Support spawns normally beside it does. Even the descriptions were updated; no mention of a 45 second duration anywhere. I'm not seeing full armadas of Odysseys and such anymore, either.

If anyone not using the Command Frequency trait can confirm the bugs regarding the low-hull requirement when the transponder is equipped are still happening, maybe we can close the book on this.
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Still broken for me... Flew around for a while under 50% health with multiple characters in various ships, was only occasionally usable...

m7d82xv98czv.png
  • Options
    I confirm; one of my other characters with the transponder equipped but without Command Frequency is experiencing the same issue. Looks like we have one bug left with this item...